I am Sick to Death of the Elites Dishing Crap to People of Faith

This is an old barb of mine, especially when these arrogant elites are completely ignorant about the things they think that they know about.
I have a problem with it too, even though I'm a comfy agnostic. Two, uh, "thoughts":

First, I was a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson, up until he started trolling and mocking Christians. I have to wonder, how can such an intelligent person think that such behavior is improving anything, or opening any minds? And really, it goes to my theory that this kind of ideological war can infect perfectly intelligent minds like his. He doesn't need to do that. He's not helping anything, he's just adding to anger and divisions.

But second, this stuff is a symptom of a larger problem. It's not as if non-Christians are the only ones whose rhetoric has become more coarse, hyperbolic and nasty. This is happening on both ends, and the heat is simply being turned up across the board. Every personal attack, insult and distortion from one end simply invites more of the same from other, and just feeds into the clearly escalating overall nastiness.

So we're all just choosing to turn up the heat overall, and this is only a symptom.

It is the result of our media turning everything into some form of entertainment.

Want a religious discussion between an atheist and a Christian? Dont get reasonable moderate people, get a militant atheist and a Bible thumping anti-science fundamentalist and set them at each other with some controversial issue like Intelligent Design.

After a while most Christians have become hostile toward any sort of atheism and atheists see Christians as some permutation of fundamentalism.

This is an old barb of mine, especially when these arrogant elites are completely ignorant about the things they think that they know about.
I have a problem with it too, even though I'm a comfy agnostic. Two, uh, "thoughts":

First, I was a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson, up until he started trolling and mocking Christians. I have to wonder, how can such an intelligent person think that such behavior is improving anything, or opening any minds? And really, it goes to my theory that this kind of ideological war can infect perfectly intelligent minds like his. He doesn't need to do that. He's not helping anything, he's just adding to anger and divisions.

But second, this stuff is a symptom of a larger problem. It's not as if non-Christians are the only ones whose rhetoric has become more coarse, hyperbolic and nasty. This is happening on both ends, and the heat is simply being turned up across the board. Every personal attack, insult and distortion from one end simply invites more of the same from other, and just feeds into the clearly escalating overall nastiness.

So we're all just choosing to turn up the heat overall, and this is only a symptom.

It is the result of our media turning everything into some form of entertainment.

Want a religious discussion between an atheist and a Christian? Dont get reasonable moderate people, get a militant atheist and a Bible thumping anti-science fundamentalist and set them at each other with some controversial issue like Intelligent Design.

After a while most Christians have become hostile toward any sort of atheism and atheists see Christians as some permutation of fundamentalism.
It won't get any better. I've reached the conclusion that those who mock and attack you literally have zero interest in either changing your mind or getting along with you.

Look at what they actually say. Look how they crow white Christians are dying off. They figure that, at some point, your group will be small and impotent enough that they'll never have to be decent to you. And they may be right.

Perhaps if religious zealots didn't try to tell others what to do

Perhaps if religious zealots weren't science deniers

Perhaps if religious zealots stopped trying to turn the US into a theocracy.

It's not people of faith the so-called elites have a problem with. It's your trying to screw up our government and your expectation that you implement your beliefs into law

Just saying

We don't tell others what to do.
Just because we don't believe in global warming, oops I mean global cooling, dang it, I mean climate change. We don't believe in science?

Only the phony "Christians" get involved in this stuff, the non-Christians like jeffress, graham, perkins, and similar. Dignified Christians who actually have faith don't have to publicly criticize another person's personal conclusions. This "atheist" garbage is just another attention-getting mechanism of the phony "Christians" who want to hide behind Jesus to shield their misconduct and aggression toward others, like the evangelicals/fundies who are killing the Christian brand, and portraying the worldwide adherents of the Christian faith as "some permutation of fundamentalism." When are they going to begin to feel ashamed at what they have done and are doing?

Which is funny because I am so sick of Republicans pretending to be people of faith. No one of faith would cut children’s Healthcare or school lunches or daycare.
Only monsters would do such a thing.
No person of faith would have kids they couldn't afford to take care of
But these "persons of faith" want the rest of us to do it. These "persons of faith" need to learn to mind their own business and stop trying to micromanage other people's lives.
You say that right after you call someone a homophobe?

What's funny is it's religious people that attack and want to take away the rights from anyone that isn't religious or choose a different path. The goddamn church for thousands of years were the goddamn elites throughout most of the world be it in the muslim world with islam or the pope in europe.

Only a truly free society doesn't allow religion to kill all that choose to disagree with it with the goddamn sword. Of course you don't know history jim as you have a first grade education so I wouldn't expect you to understand my point.

roflmao, and yet it is you atheistic secularists that have compiled the biggest body count since the beginning of time.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot the list goes on into the hundreds of millions of innocent people.

Study the French Revolution sometime, butboy, and focus on the 'Reign of Terror'.

That is the only way you secular shit4brains have of getting people to play within your rules as you have abandoned using religion to help you.

So when you dirt bags run things it is never "Do this or go to hell' it is 'Do this or lose your house, your freedom or your life." instead.

It seems you have forgotten the Crusades and Inquisitions
Abortion buries them in body count.
Not bringing a zygote/fetus to term is not killing, though.
If it will live and become a viable human being, it is murder.

Look at what they actually say. Look how they crow white Christians are dying off. They figure that, at some point, your group will be small and impotent enough that they'll never have to be decent to you. And they may be right.
Well, they are wrong on both counts.

White Christians will be back on the rebound once the economy is impacted by robotics. Then hand made items for barter will return to prominence and the inherent advantage of having kids in terms of economics for the family unit will spur more white babies.

unfortunately, most white people would rather have a second car than a second child and this is pathetic. In earlier times where kids could work the farm this was an advantage in having more healthy educated kids.

When this returns so will the birth rate.

Besides all that, Hispanics are white too, lol.

What's funny is it's religious people that attack and want to take away the rights from anyone that isn't religious or choose a different path. The goddamn church for thousands of years were the goddamn elites throughout most of the world be it in the muslim world with islam or the pope in europe.

Only a truly free society doesn't allow religion to kill all that choose to disagree with it with the goddamn sword. Of course you don't know history jim as you have a first grade education so I wouldn't expect you to understand my point.

roflmao, and yet it is you atheistic secularists that have compiled the biggest body count since the beginning of time.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot the list goes on into the hundreds of millions of innocent people.

Study the French Revolution sometime, butboy, and focus on the 'Reign of Terror'.

That is the only way you secular shit4brains have of getting people to play within your rules as you have abandoned using religion to help you.

So when you dirt bags run things it is never "Do this or go to hell' it is 'Do this or lose your house, your freedom or your life." instead.

It is a potential human being, not an actual one. In any event, I think that a woman who shares your beliefs will not have an abortion. People holding other religious beliefs might. That is their choice.

It is a potential human being, not an actual one. In any event, I think that a woman who shares your beliefs will not have an abortion. People holding other religious beliefs might. That is their choice.
It is a being, because it is alive. It is human because a woman cannot conceive anything else. Therefore, it is a human being.

I am Sick to Death of people of faith forcing their baseless religious beliefs on the rest of the country
Yes, atheists being the worst offenders.

I've never had an atheist knock on my door and tell me not to believe in god
They've told you that you must pay for their abortions, though.

No they haven't

Public funding of abortions has been banned for decades

I am Sick to Death of people of faith forcing their baseless religious beliefs on the rest of the country

No they haven't

The public funds the providers. The abortions are free.

No they haven't

No they don't
All abortions are privately funded

The overwhelming majority of women in this country that have abortions are Christians
Abortion Statistics | Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese

No they haven't

No they don't

The majority of women in this country that have abortions are Christians
Then they have also murdered not only a human being, but their own child. Do you find comfort in numbers?

No they haven't

No they don't

Then they have also murdered not only a human being, but their own child. Do you find comfort in numbers?

It is a woman's choice
Give her options other than abortion and you will see the numbers decline

But our Conservatives block access to birth control, oppose funding for maternity care, oppose paid maternity leave, oppose public funding for childcare and children's health services

Then they complain when women choose abortion

It is a being, because it is alive. It is human because a woman cannot conceive anything else. Therefore, it is a human being.
Your "logic" only works IF you are a member of a brand of religion that holds this view. Moreover, nature aborts pregnancies, as well.
Mind your own business and other people will mind their's.
Well, they are wrong on both counts.

White Christians will be back on the rebound once the economy is impacted by robotics. Then hand made items for barter will return to prominence and the inherent advantage of having kids in terms of economics for the family unit will spur more white babies.

unfortunately, most white people would rather have a second car than a second child and this is pathetic. In earlier times where kids could work the farm this was an advantage in having more healthy educated kids.

When this returns so will the birth rate.

Besides all that, Hispanics are white too, lol.
The birthrate is doing just fine. As a matter of fact, the world is over-populated. Or is your comment a racial thing?

No they haven't

No they don't

It is a woman's choice
Give her options other than abortion and you will see the numbers decline

But our Conservatives block access to birth control, oppose funding for maternity care, oppose paid maternity leave, oppose public funding for childcare and children's health services

Then they complain when women choose abortion
Why would you lay total blame and responsibility on women for killing her own child? The patriarch, notice, walks away with clean hands. Such bigots, don't you agree?

Forum List

Back