Zone1 I am stepping away from Judaism

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
I have been posting here but rarely. I even walked away for a while. Recent events have made me understand my culture and faith on a higher level. I am a Jew, a son of parents whose parents fought the Nazis in the old Soviet Union. I lost a vast amount of my ancestors to WW2 and the Holocaust. There are very few of us left in the world. The vitriol against Jews remains high. With my kids ready for college, I cannot have them be under fire because of the hatred. We saw on our college campuses how most colleges took the side of protesters and even told Jewish students to study remotely. They cancelled graduations. They appeased those who would call for the end of Israel and for blatant antisemitism.

What unified both the far left and far right is their hatred of Jews. I get it form the Left. They see Jews as wealthy oppressors and white. That to them means evil. I see it from the Nazi alt right too. They want Hitler to finish what he started. What was troubling is that the moderates began to hate too.

Why?

Then it came to me. We bring this upon ourselves. People like Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, Chuck Schumer, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Alejandro Mayorkas (yes he is a Jew), etc.

Let’s take Schiff for example. He bashed Hur for calling Biden a senile old man only to now ask Biden to step down because, well he is a senile old man. Why? Their lies were exposed. Schiff always knew this but lied to the American people. This feeds into the hateful narrative that Jews are deceitful.

Many, hell most Jews still vote Democrat despite the party overtly telling us they don’t want our vote just our money.

The faith is no longer with me. I ll pretend while my parents are still here. But once they are gone, so goes my faith and allegiance to Judaism. Same for my kids.

We are all walking away.

I share this here because despite all the hate this site has, it also has honesty and I respect that.

Writing this will likely result in some posts slamming me. And that’s fine. Actually therapeutic. In the end while I despise low life antisemites, I have to admit that I despise Democrat Jews equally.

Its time to leave the faith.

Thank you for reading.

Judaism requires no allegiance, and demands no political affiliation.

If the reasons you stated is your reason for renouncing who you are, you never understood who you are.
Could be. Perhaps that’s why there are so few of us left and we are so hated? Maybe it’s time to take a stand. You would not understand.

Perhaps that’s why there are so few of us left and we are so hated?

If you're feeling hated, perhaps that's on you, and not your ethnicity.

You have to follow the dictates of your conscience and not be concerned with who hates, or loves you.

If you're feeling hated, perhaps that's on you, and not your ethnicity.

You have to follow the dictates of your conscience and not be concerned with who hates, or loves you.
What? I am Not talking about ME. Have you not seen the disaster on college campuses? It’s honestly sanctimonious people like you that bring on the hate. You can’t even have a cogent discussion. You speak in riddles and abstracts.

I have been posting here but rarely. I even walked away for a while. Recent events have made me understand my culture and faith on a higher level. I am a Jew, a son of parents whose parents fought the Nazis in the old Soviet Union. I lost a vast amount of my ancestors to WW2 and the Holocaust. There are very few of us left in the world. The vitriol against Jews remains high. With my kids ready for college, I cannot have them be under fire because of the hatred. We saw on our college campuses how most colleges took the side of protesters and even told Jewish students to study remotely. They cancelled graduations. They appeased those who would call for the end of Israel and for blatant antisemitism.

What unified both the far left and far right is their hatred of Jews. I get it form the Left. They see Jews as wealthy oppressors and white. That to them means evil. I see it from the Nazi alt right too. They want Hitler to finish what he started. What was troubling is that the moderates began to hate too.

Why?

Then it came to me. We bring this upon ourselves. People like Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, Chuck Schumer, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Alejandro Mayorkas (yes he is a Jew), etc.

Let’s take Schiff for example. He bashed Hur for calling Biden a senile old man only to now ask Biden to step down because, well he is a senile old man. Why? Their lies were exposed. Schiff always knew this but lied to the American people. This feeds into the hateful narrative that Jews are deceitful.

Many, hell most Jews still vote Democrat despite the party overtly telling us they don’t want our vote just our money.

The faith is no longer with me. I ll pretend while my parents are still here. But once they are gone, so goes my faith and allegiance to Judaism. Same for my kids.

We are all walking away.

I share this here because despite all the hate this site has, it also has honesty and I respect that.

Writing this will likely result in some posts slamming me. And that’s fine. Actually therapeutic. In the end while I despise low life antisemites, I have to admit that I despise Democrat Jews equally.

Its time to leave the faith.

Thank you for reading.
Germany lover fncceo is right. What do other people have to do with your faith?

It’s honestly sanctimonious people like you that bring on the hate.

If some college dweeb hates me because his commie prof tells him to and he thinks he looks cool in a keffiyah, that's on him ... not on me.

I won't change who I am to win the approval of someone I don't even care about ... that would be ridiculous.

If some college dweeb hates me because his commie prof tells him to and he thinks he looks cool in a keffiyah, that's on him ... not on me.

I won't change who I am to win the approval of someone I don't even care about ... that would be ridiculous.
You also won’t challenge them and get in their face. You ll just shrug.

Shrugging no longer works and with wimps like you as my allies, I am honestly all set with this.

If those wimps try to bully my kids, I won’t just sit there and shrug. But because most do and would, I am just going to walk away.

Enjoy

As I explained when evil people share this faith and exploit it

Having political opinions that differ from yours doesn't make someone evil, just as sharing your political opinions doesn't make someone good.

But, you feel free to join that faith (or lack of faith) that has no evil people in it ... good luck finding it, Demosthenes.

As I explained when evil people share this faith and exploit it, I no longer feel drawn to it or the same passion to defend it. Just being honest.
I don´t know what they are. And it doesn´t matter. Lets assume they are evil.
They are still humans like you. Consequently, you have to withdraw...

You know what I mean? Its illogical. There will always the the pretenders, no matter what it is about. Just ignore them. If you are serious about your faith, you will have to answer for this decision later on.

Having political opinions that differ from yours doesn't make someone evil, just as sharing your political opinions doesn't make someone good.

But, you feel free to join that faith (or lack of faith) that has no evil people in it ... good luck finding it, Demosthenes.
Differ? How about turning your back on your people for your own gain and outwardly lying to play into the hateful narratives and stereotypes. You don’t even see it. So pathetic

As I explained when evil people share this faith and exploit it, I no longer feel drawn to it or the same passion to defend it. Just being honest.
As a Christian I don't renounce my faith because some bad actors amongst my faith act badly. My faith isn't in other Christians. My faith is in Christ, the Messiah, the Lord our God. The Old Testament is filled with Jews behaving badly. Though hardly a good reason for those of that time to abandon their faith, and obedience to God.

I don´t know what they are. And it doesn´t matter. Lets assume they are evil.
They are still humans like you. Consequently, you have to withdraw...

You know what I mean? Its illogical. There will always the the pretenders, no matter what it is about. Just ignore them. If you are serious about your faith, you will have to answer for this decision later on.
Understood

Thank you

As a Christian I don't renounce my faith because some bad actors amongst my faith act badly. My faith isn't in other Christians. My faith is in Christ, the Messiah, the Lord our God. The Old Testament is filled with Jews behaving badly. Though hardly a good reason for those of that time to abandon their faith, and obedience to God.
Eh

OK

I feel differently. The Left overtly hates us and we are overwhelmingly still supporting them. I cannot rationalize this.

Forum List

Back