I am thinking about buying a gun......

Hi all

I was thinking that I do need some protection against violence.

With the number of shootings here in Florida, I doubt the little tae kwon do/grappling techniques will be enough to stop a shooter at thee grocery store/bus stop/or other public places I normally go to.

I need a new gun. I say new because I use to own a SW 40 cal. However, I found its recoil a little strong and it had a habit of jamming on a full clipped(I started shortening the clip by a bullet or two. Strangely, it never jammed when I had a clip of 7 bullets! Maybe there was something wrong with the gun. Anyway, I gained lots of practice on clearing the chamber from that gun)

Now I think I to rearm myself with another fire arm. I am looking for a gun that, say, would be best for a beginner. What I would I call a beginners pistol. One that is simple to clean, disassemble, load, with a weak to moderate recoil when fired, rarely jams and very very simple to master over all.

In other words, the perfect self defense conceal and carry pistol for the average citizen!

Any ideals?

How about those who oppose guns. What should I do for self defense when facing major fire power and trapped on aisle 9? Should I hide, run to the back of the store looking for an exit, or jump out, punch punch kick and pepper spray the assailant?

Really, an easy to use gun is a lot more comforting.
Those who oppose guns can go be with their owners and chant to the queen.I recommend those in debt do the same.Duh_merrikkka will be barren.

Hi all

With the number of shootings here in Florida, I doubt the little tae kwon do/grappling techniques will be enough to stop a shooter at thee grocery store/bus stop/or other public places I normally go to.

I need a new gun. I say new because I use to own a SW 40 cal. However, I found its recoil a little strong and it had a habit of jamming on a full clipped(I started shortening the clip by a bullet or two. Strangely, it never jammed when I had a clip of 7 bullets! Maybe there was something wrong with the gun. Anyway, I gained lots of practice on clearing the chamber from that gun)

Now I think I to rearm myself with another fire arm. I am looking for a gun that, say, would be best for a beginner. What I would I call a beginners pistol. One that is simple to clean, disassemble, load, with a weak to moderate recoil when fired, rarely jams and very very simple to master over all.

In other words, the perfect self defense conceal and carry pistol for the average citizen!

Any ideals?

How about those who oppose guns. What should I do for self defense when facing major fire power and trapped on aisle 9? Should I hide, run to the back of the store looking for an exit, or jump out, punch punch kick and pepper spray the assailant?

Easy peazy, small, light weight, little recoil, reliable and affordable. Spend $10 for the extended grip.

The New Glock 43: Subcompact Single-Stack 9mm - AllOutdoor.com

Hi all

Any ideals?

Take a class from a qualified instructor in your area....call the local gun store they should be able to help you.

I'd go with one of the guns that only you can fire, that way should suicide be considered it would be on your terms, otherwise good luck.

An armed society is not only an afraid and uncivilized society it is a stupid one too. And this happens every day it seems.

"Woman adjusting bra holster fatally shoots herself in the eye"

Woman adjusting bra holster fatally shoots herself in the eye

Google

yeah....you have no idea what you are talking about...you should do some research before you post.....you would post more intelligently if you did...

Here is some perspective on guns and accidents......without the emotion...

Broker Version 9.4

Broker Version 9.4

so, out of 357,000,000 million guns in private hands...there was a grand total of 586 accidental gun deaths.....

and

accidental poisoning deaths......42,032

accidental car deaths.................33,736

accidental falling deaths..............31,959

accidental drowning deaths..........3,406

accidental machinery deaths............605

Accidental gun deaths.......................586

586 accidental gun deaths...of which 48 were children...with 74.2 million children in the country...........down from 69 accidental child gun deaths in 2013..........

non fatal car accident number 2014.......2,412,109 million

non fatal gun accident injuries.....notice that they have decreased in the last 15 years....

WISQARS Nonfatal Injury Reports

Broker Version 9.4

Accidental death by cause for 2014.....ages <1-14. ( 320 million guns in private hands in 2013) (74.2 million children 2010 census)

Accidental gun...48 ( 2013...69) ( 2012...58) ( 2011...74)
Accidental drowning...647
Accidental car deaths...1,083
Accidental falls...53
----------------
Compared to accidental gun deaths in 2013...
Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....in a country with 74.2 million children in 2010...
Broker Version 9.4

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-9 years old: 15

10-15 years old: 24

Total: 69 ( in a country of 320 million people)

Accidental gun death:

<1.... 0

1-4.... 22

5-9.... 14

10-14.... 12

total: 48
--------
Accidental Drowning:

<1.... 29

1-4.... 388

5-9.... 125

10-14.... 105

Total: 647
-------
Accidental car deaths;

<1.... 61

1-4.... 293

5-9.... 345

10-14....384
Total: 1,083
-----------------
Accidental poisoning:

<1.... 9

1-4.... 28

5-9.... 9

10-14.... 22

Total: 68
-------
Accidental Falls:

<1.... 8

1-4.... 24

5-9....8

10-14.... 13

Total: 53

Hi all

Any ideals?

Different guns have different advantages and disadvantages.

The longer the barrel, the more accurate your shot. Your accuracy increases with less recoil as well.

Cleaning? A stainless steel model is the easiest, but those cost a couple of bucks. You never have to oil stainless steel. A quick cleaning and your done.

For the street, I carry a semi-automatic Smith and Wesson 9mm with a 15 round clip. The clip adds weight to the gun, but not too uncomfortable to wear. For home, I have a stainless steel revolver .357 with a six inch barrel. If you use .38 ammo, it shoots like a BB gun. In fact, when our group went to take the shooting test, everybody borrowed my .357 because it's so accurate with .38's in it. Everybody passed.

Like anything else, you get what you pay for, so the more you spend, the better the gun.

Hi all

Any ideals?

Buy a really scary one. Piss off a liberal!

A single action revolver is pretty reliable and they look cool as all hell when you hold them. A 38spc is pretty good for self-defense because it is portable and powerful. It doesn't have the recoil of a bigger gun.

Hi all

Any ideals?

Buy a really scary one. Piss off a liberal!

Try walking onto a college campus with a shirt that has the logo of a shooting range. Just check out the stares you get from liberals.

Smith & Wesson King frame revolver chambered in .357 magnum. Here's why....

Revolvers are inherently more reliable, easier to clean and less likely to misfire by their design.

The K Frame is large enough to fit well in the hand but small enough to be controlle and concealed..

.357 magnum Revolvers can fire the heavier magnum round but can also fire the lighter .38 spl cartridge. This allows you to start with the lighter round and work up to the .357 magnum calibre.

My specific recommendation...... S&W Model 19 With the following upgrades.....

Action work to clean up the trigger weight and smooth out the pull.
Bob the hammer.
Deburr the frame and cylinder.
Change sights to personally preferred night sight.
Chamfer cylinder chambers for ease of reloading.

I was considering putting up to $800 dollars for a really good pistol. I know I can get a decent gun for around $300(I bought the SW 40 for that much) but I realized I demanding a lot for my next pistol.

For a semiautomatic: M1911A1 in .45ACP. Honestly...it's the only semiautomatic I would ever trust my life to. Only real downside is the small (7-shot) magazine. I prefer wheelguns...mine is a Smith & Wesson Model 29 in .44 Magnum.

Forum List

Back