I Call Upon All USMB Liberals To Answer This Question >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liberals who claim that Jason Blake was shot unjustly (which probably is all liberals in this forum), please answer this >.

If YOU were a police officer, and you were questioning somebody about a serious crime, and he suddenly bolts away from you, and then reaches into a car, with his hands now not visible to you, what do you do ?

I would have taken him out of the vehicle and detained him.

Awesome question.

And if he had a gun, he'd have shot you in the face. I hope your children would have liked their new step father

Are you sure about that? You seem very sure? It is as if every person who ever reaches inside a car takes out a gun and
shoots someone in the face. Crazy world we live in.

Since you're stupid, I'll explain this to you.

Everyone reaching into a car doesn't have to have a gun for you to be dead. Only one person has to reach into a car having a gun for you to be dead.

See how that works?

Okay with that in mind, you want to stop them from reaching into the car in the first place, right? Now, using good police procedure (and common sense) you and your five buddies takes him down IN THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE and restrains him. When someone wants to kill me, I don't wait for them to go to their truck and get their gun to react. Fight or Flight happens long before they start dragging out the old Hogleg.

Gotcha, his teleporter! Oh crap, I didn't think of that. They should have teleported from behind him to in front of the car. You're absolutely amazing. I bow to your brilliance.

Cops, equipped with:

Phone
Nightstick
Taser
Hand held teleporter

Shit, you got me

Liberals who claim that Jason Blake was shot unjustly (which probably is all liberals in this forum), please answer this >.

If YOU were a police officer, and you were questioning somebody about a serious crime, and he suddenly bolts away from you, and then reaches into a car, with his hands now not visible to you, what do you do ?

Awesome question.

And if he had a gun, he'd have shot you in the face. I hope your children would have liked their new step father

Are you sure about that? You seem very sure? It is as if every person who ever reaches inside a car takes out a gun and

Everyone reaching into a car doesn't have to have a gun for you to be dead. Only one person has to reach into a car having a gun for you to be dead.

See how that works?

You are telling me that the police are supposed to shoot people when they reach into their cars. That's the standard?

Hmmm, no. The cops can't shoot you just because you are running away. They can only shoot you if they feel you are a threat to their lives.
FALSE! Cops can shoot fleeing felons (in the back), to protect the community from them.

Read the Fleeing Felon Rule, ( "and others") >> The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."[3]

A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.

— Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner[4]

Last edited:
I don't know why the 2 cops didn't just take him to the ground and cuff him they certainly had plenty of time to
Plenty of time ? All within a 1/2 second, huh ?

There are many posts within this thread that answer your question.
It didn’t take 1/2 a second to walk around the car, you forget we can all see the video
and the video only shows a portion of the entire event

Right, but again you're the one claiming that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down. Where is the video showing that?

So you don't think 2 cops could put one guy on the ground?

And FYI I already acknowledged that the guy had warrants and was not obeying lawful orders by the police.

The question is why didn't they take him to the ground and cuff him instead of letting him open the door of his car and reach in?

Because it's DANGEROUS. They had a poor angle and position and would have had to grab him from behind moving away from them. How do you people never put things together. What happened in Atlanta when that happened? Two cops got in a wrestling match. He grabbed a taser and shot it at them.

Also, being shot with a taser and not being affected is correlated with being on drugs, which makes him more dangerous.

This thing that they only needed to tackle him while reaching out from behind is flat our retarded.

WHAT HAPPENED IN ATLANTA? Seriously, you think they just wrestle him for a trophy or something?

Blake would have walked away and so would the cops if he OBEYED them. If he had a gripe, then take it up later
Hahahahaha they had a poor angle?! Are you shitting me? You’ve resorted to pulling shit out of your ass and I must say... it stinks.

Yes, behind the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're protecting was in front of them walking away. Yes, that is a bad angle

Awesome question.

See how that works?

You are telling me that the police are supposed to shoot people when they reach into their cars. That's the standard?
They can shoot when they feel they could be in danger or civilians could be in danger. You claim to have police officers in your family. You liar.

I don't know why the 2 cops didn't just take him to the ground and cuff him they certainly had plenty of time to

You think that the video captured the entire event?

I keep asking people who say what you do that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down from behind while he raced to the car if they saw video that I didn't, but all of you have said no. Did you?
Raced to the car? Can you point out the section of the video where he “raced to the car.“ Let me know the time code where he did anything but walk and I’ll check it out
He walked briskly. If the officers were trained in H2H combat they would not have had to draw their weapons. Also, why send a woman officer there? Makes no sense.
That made me laugh out loud. Thank you.
1. He didn’t walk briskly, he walked, watch the video
2. You really think cops with guns aren’t trained to apprehend and arrest subjects?! Are you serious?
3. Why not send a woman officer? Don’t be a dick

It didn’t take 1/2 a second to walk around the car, you forget we can all see the video

Right, but again you're the one claiming that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down. Where is the video showing that?

And FYI I already acknowledged that the guy had warrants and was not obeying lawful orders by the police.

The question is why didn't they take him to the ground and cuff him instead of letting him open the door of his car and reach in?

Because it's DANGEROUS. They had a poor angle and position and would have had to grab him from behind moving away from them. How do you people never put things together. What happened in Atlanta when that happened? Two cops got in a wrestling match. He grabbed a taser and shot it at them.

Also, being shot with a taser and not being affected is correlated with being on drugs, which makes him more dangerous.

This thing that they only needed to tackle him while reaching out from behind is flat our retarded.

WHAT HAPPENED IN ATLANTA? Seriously, you think they just wrestle him for a trophy or something?

Blake would have walked away and so would the cops if he OBEYED them. If he had a gripe, then take it up later
Hahahahaha they had a poor angle?! Are you shitting me? You’ve resorted to pulling shit out of your ass and I must say... it stinks.

Yes, behind the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're protecting was in front of them walking away. Yes, that is a bad angle
No it’s not. You’re out of points to make so your making up stupid shit now

Awesome question.

See how that works?

Typical Democrat trying to be simplistic. Of course you are.

If they justifiably feel threatened. You know, like a woman beater with a warrant who ignored the court order to stay away from him and who ignored the cops trying to arrest him and they reached into the car where they could easily get a gun if it was there

I keep asking people who say what you do that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down from behind while he raced to the car if they saw video that I didn't, but all of you have said no. Did you?
Raced to the car? Can you point out the section of the video where he “raced to the car.“ Let me know the time code where he did anything but walk and I’ll check it out
He walked briskly. If the officers were trained in H2H combat they would not have had to draw their weapons. Also, why send a woman officer there? Makes no sense.
2. You really think cops with guns aren’t trained to apprehend and arrest subjects?! Are you serious?

You're just word parsing and bickering now, you couldn't be more clear you have nothing

No it’s not. You’re out of points to make so your making up stupid shit now

Clearly the cops were behind him. You're just a liar

#1) Looked like a faster walk than normal to me.

#2) They aren't. Most cops are below average in H2H combat. I am a part owner in three MMA gyms and part time instructor (hobby not job) most of the police officers cannot handle themselves well. Don't believe Hollywood.

#3) Dick? I am giving my opinion. A 5'4, 130 pound woman is useless against a 6'0., 185 pound man for the most part unless she is using weaponry or is highly trained (see #2).

Awesome question.
YOU'RE DEAD. In hundreds of cases, suspects shot while reaching into a car, were found to have a gun. If cop had not shot, suspect would have shot the cop in 1/2 second.

Someday our education system will be revamped, and these very important things will be taught.

He didn't race anywhere. He purposely walked from the middle of the front of the vehicle to the drivers side door. When I worked as a Correctional Custody Officer, I had to do one takedown on a person attacking one of my Officers during a live training exercise. I was the Training Officer. This guy was FUGE. The problem isn't taking them down, it's keeping them down. One person can take another down quite easily if they know how. But it takes numbers to keep him down and restrain him if he really doesn't want to be restrained without getting anyone really hurt. You do that with numbers. And they had the numbers on the Cops side. Again, good police procedure would have been for them to take him down when he was still in front of the vehicle, get the restraints on him, and either leave him on the ground or, better yet, get him into the back seat of a Cruiser. Then sort things out. It's better to have to apologize for that if a mistake is made than have to be tried for shooting someone 7 times in the back.

You can justify anything but this is a clear cut case of extremely poor police procedure that should not be tolerated.

In a correctional facility, they wouldn't have shot you in the face like the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're protecting if they had a gun

When the takedown should have happened, he was unarmed. In fact, he was unarmed when he was shot. Now, he may have been going for that knife or he may have been just trying to flee by driving away. We don't know. But he was unarmed at the time.

Here is the rest of my story. Our Military People were highly trained. The Person being indoctrinated (hopefully a life changing) attacked the person doing the indoctrinating. He was about 6'5" and about 250lbs. The Sgt was about 160lbs and 5'8". When the "Person" started the attack, the Sgt began warding off the blows, backing away (he knew there is safety in numbers) and all the while, he was advising that "Person" of his rights. The Sgt intentionally backed past me. I did the takedown and place the "Person" in a double wrist lock. The Sgt finished advising him of his rights and backed off. Well not before I had to order him to. The Sgt was pretty hot at that point but who can blame him. After I cooled off the "Individual" I stood up, allowed him to stand and placed him at parade rest facing the Building with 4 other Officers (we are all NCOs) also at Parade Rest behind him. It was my responsibility to control the situation as the senior member and I did exactly that. It stayed that way until the Security Police arrived and we turn him over to them. Last I heard, he was in for a Court Marshal and a long visit to an Army Prison even though we were Air Force. I am damned proud of the training that was received and it paid off. No one got hurt. And if you think that anyone that big can't really hurt someone, you have never been hit by a bruiser before.

I'll say it again, safe, good police procedure was NOT followed. And I would say that the Senior Police Officer on scene should be fired as well as the dude that pumped the 7 shots even if no charges are filed. And a complete review and revamping of training of the entire police force should be done.

I'm not talking about walking around the car. I'm taking about the amount of time it takes a suspect reaching into a car, to suddenly point a gun and shoot a cop.

He didn't race anywhere. He purposely walked from the middle of the front of the vehicle to the drivers side door. When I worked as a Correctional Custody Officer, I had to do one takedown on a person attacking one of my Officers during a live training exercise. I was the Training Officer. This guy was FUGE. The problem isn't taking them down, it's keeping them down. One person can take another down quite easily if they know how. But it takes numbers to keep him down and restrain him if he really doesn't want to be restrained without getting anyone really hurt. You do that with numbers. And they had the numbers on the Cops side. Again, good police procedure would have been for them to take him down when he was still in front of the vehicle, get the restraints on him, and either leave him on the ground or, better yet, get him into the back seat of a Cruiser. Then sort things out. It's better to have to apologize for that if a mistake is made than have to be tried for shooting someone 7 times in the back.

You can justify anything but this is a clear cut case of extremely poor police procedure that should not be tolerated.

In a correctional facility, they wouldn't have shot you in the face like the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're protecting if they had a gun

When the takedown should have happened, he was unarmed. In fact, he was unarmed when he was shot. Now, he may have been going for that knife or he may have been just trying to flee by driving away. We don't know. But he was unarmed at the time.

Here is the rest of my story. Our Military People were highly trained. The Person being indoctrinated (hopefully a life changing) attacked the person doing the indoctrinating. He was about 6'5" and about 250lbs. The Sgt was about 160lbs and 5'8". When the "Person" started the attack, the Sgt began warding off the blows, backing away (he knew there is safety in numbers) and all the while, he was advising that "Person" of his rights. The Sgt intentionally backed past me. I did the takedown and place the "Person" in a double wrist lock. The Sgt finished advising him of his rights and backed off. Well not before I had to order him to. The Sgt was pretty hot at that point but who can blame him. After I cooled off the "Individual" I stood up, allowed him to stand and placed him at parade rest facing the Building with 4 other Officers (we are all NCOs) also at Parade Rest behind him. It was my responsibility to control the situation as the senior member and I did exactly that. It stayed that way until the Security Police arrived and we turn him over to them. Last I heard, he was in for a Court Marshal and a long visit to an Army Prison even though we were Air Force. I am damned proud of the training that was received and it paid off. No one got hurt. And if you think that anyone that big can't really hurt someone, you have never been hit by a bruiser before.

I'll say it again, safe, good police procedure was NOT followed. And I would say that the Senior Police Officer on scene should be fired as well as the dude that pumped the 7 shots even if no charges are filed. And a complete review and revamping of training of the entire police force should be done.

You know he was unarmed. The cop behind him didn't know that. The cop did know he was a wanted felon, a woman beater and was ignoring a court order as well as there was a warrant out for him. At what point do you master the obvious that he was dangerous?

No one believes your lies.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

The cop was a scared moron. The only reason to shoot someone in the back is to protect another person being attacked

I wait until I can see the weapon. Then blow his face off

Hmmm, no. The cops can't shoot you just because you are running away. They can only shoot you if they feel you are a threat to their lives.
FALSE! Cops can shoot fleeing felons (in the back), to protect the community from them.

Read the Fleeing Felon Rule, ( "and others") >> The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."[3]

A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.

— Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner[4]
No they can't. You're ignoring this part:

"and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back