I Call Upon All USMB Liberals To Answer This Question >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't bolting, he was walking quickly. I would take his ass down and put his face in the cement. But I am trained in Combat Sambo. Our police officers need more hand to hand combat training. Firefighters and EMTs too.
YOU'RE DEAD. The reason why cops are trained to shoot the instant a suspect's hands disappear, is becasue in the past, when they didn't shoot, and instead tried to "take his ass down", they were shot and killed.

It takes the suspect 1/2 second to do that. Only way cop can defend himself is to shoot. That's the procedure, and its correct.

I don't know why the 2 cops didn't just take him to the ground and cuff him they certainly had plenty of time to
Plenty of time ? All within a 1/2 second, huh ?

There are many posts within this thread that answer your question.
You think that the video captured the entire event?

I keep asking people who say what you do that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down from behind while he raced to the car if they saw video that I didn't, but all of you have said no. Did you?

He didn't race anywhere. He purposely walked from the middle of the front of the vehicle to the drivers side door. When I worked as a Correctional Custody Officer, I had to do one takedown on a person attacking one of my Officers during a live training exercise. I was the Training Officer. This guy was FUGE. The problem isn't taking them down, it's keeping them down. One person can take another down quite easily if they know how. But it takes numbers to keep him down and restrain him if he really doesn't want to be restrained without getting anyone really hurt. You do that with numbers. And they had the numbers on the Cops side. Again, good police procedure would have been for them to take him down when he was still in front of the vehicle, get the restraints on him, and either leave him on the ground or, better yet, get him into the back seat of a Cruiser. Then sort things out. It's better to have to apologize for that if a mistake is made than have to be tried for shooting someone 7 times in the back.

You can justify anything but this is a clear cut case of extremely poor police procedure that should not be tolerated.

In a correctional facility, they wouldn't have shot you in the face like the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're protecting if they had a gun

When the takedown should have happened, he was unarmed. In fact, he was unarmed when he was shot. Now, he may have been going for that knife or he may have been just trying to flee by driving away. We don't know. But he was unarmed at the time.

Here is the rest of my story. Our Military People were highly trained. The Person being indoctrinated (hopefully a life changing) attacked the person doing the indoctrinating. He was about 6'5" and about 250lbs. The Sgt was about 160lbs and 5'8". When the "Person" started the attack, the Sgt began warding off the blows, backing away (he knew there is safety in numbers) and all the while, he was advising that "Person" of his rights. The Sgt intentionally backed past me. I did the takedown and place the "Person" in a double wrist lock. The Sgt finished advising him of his rights and backed off. Well not before I had to order him to. The Sgt was pretty hot at that point but who can blame him. After I cooled off the "Individual" I stood up, allowed him to stand and placed him at parade rest facing the Building with 4 other Officers (we are all NCOs) also at Parade Rest behind him. It was my responsibility to control the situation as the senior member and I did exactly that. It stayed that way until the Security Police arrived and we turn him over to them. Last I heard, he was in for a Court Marshal and a long visit to an Army Prison even though we were Air Force. I am damned proud of the training that was received and it paid off. No one got hurt. And if you think that anyone that big can't really hurt someone, you have never been hit by a bruiser before.

I'll say it again, safe, good police procedure was NOT followed. And I would say that the Senior Police Officer on scene should be fired as well as the dude that pumped the 7 shots even if no charges are filed. And a complete review and revamping of training of the entire police force should be done.

You know he was unarmed. The cop behind him didn't know that. The cop did know he was a wanted felon, a woman beater and was ignoring a court order as well as there was a warrant out for him. At what point do you master the obvious that he was dangerous?

"Just the Facts, Maam, Just the Facts". And the facts are, if good police procedures had been used, he would have been restrained while he was in front of the vehicle when they knew he didn't have a weapon in his hands. There was already one weapon pointed at him at that point. Instead, the other cops stood there with their thumbs up their asses. I am not defending the "Individual" I am saying that proper training and proper police procedure being followed would have prevented any of this.

He wasn't bolting, he was walking quickly. I would take his ass down and put his face in the cement. But I am trained in Combat Sambo. Our police officers need more hand to hand combat training. Firefighters and EMTs too.
YOU'RE DEAD. The reason why cops are trained to shoot the instant a suspect's hands disappear, is becasue in the past, when they didn't shoot, and instead tried to "take his ass down", they were shot and killed.

It takes the suspect 1/2 second to do that. Only way cop can defend himself is to shoot. That's the procedure, and its correct.
You are clueless, do cops shoot someone the second they put their

The cop was a scared pussy

Most cops are good cops. They are well trained, disciplined, emotionally stable, and able to operate under stress. Unfortunately, bad cops make it difficult for the good cops and the community in general.

So how come they protect the bad cops (thin blue line)? Seems self-defeating to the mission of stopping crime.

I don't know why the 2 cops didn't just take him to the ground and cuff him they certainly had plenty of time to

I keep asking people who say what you do that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down from behind while he raced to the car if they saw video that I didn't, but all of you have said no. Did you?
He wasn't "racing" he was walking and the cops were right next to him the entire time.

The woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're defending was clearly walking to get to the car door.

Do it. Grab a dangerous guy from behind safely. Try it and report back

There were 2 cops there and one perp. Not only were there 2 cops but both of them were close enough to touch the perp. Why let him WALK around his car from the passenger side to the driver's side and then open the door?

So are you saying that 2 cops can't take down one guy?

And FYI tacking a guy from behind is one of the easiest ways to put someone on the ground

No they can't. You're ignoring this part:

"and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."
That's exactly what YOU are ignoring. The idea behind the Fleeing Felon Rule is protect not just the cop, but also the community, from the fleeing felon, by not allowing him to escape into its streets. That's why the quote ends with the words >> "or others."

It didn’t take 1/2 a second to walk around the car, you forget we can all see the video
and the video only shows a portion of the entire event

Right, but again you're the one claiming that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down. Where is the video showing that?

So you don't think 2 cops could put one guy on the ground?

And FYI I already acknowledged that the guy had warrants and was not obeying lawful orders by the police.

The question is why didn't they take him to the ground and cuff him instead of letting him open the door of his car and reach in?

Because it's DANGEROUS. They had a poor angle and position and would have had to grab him from behind moving away from them. How do you people never put things together. What happened in Atlanta when that happened? Two cops got in a wrestling match. He grabbed a taser and shot it at them.

Also, being shot with a taser and not being affected is correlated with being on drugs, which makes him more dangerous.

This thing that they only needed to tackle him while reaching out from behind is flat our retarded.

WHAT HAPPENED IN ATLANTA? Seriously, you think they just wrestle him for a trophy or something?

Blake would have walked away and so would the cops if he OBEYED them. If he had a gripe, then take it up later

It's not more dangerous than letting a person open his car door and reach inside for a weapon.

He was unarmed outside of the car.

And the cops get paid to do a dangerous job so that is not an excuse

He wasn't "racing" he was walking and the cops were right next to him the entire time.

The woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're defending was clearly walking to get to the car door.

Do it. Grab a dangerous guy from behind safely. Try it and report back

There were 2 cops there and one perp. Not only were there 2 cops but both of them were close enough to touch the perp. Why let him WALK around his car from the passenger side to the driver's side and then open the door?

So are you saying that 2 cops can't take down one guy?

And FYI tacking a guy from behind is one of the easiest ways to put someone on the ground
That is exactly right. Did you Atlanta and the shooting there? One drunk guy overpowered two cops. Need better h2h training.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Raced to the car? Can you point out the section of the video where he “raced to the car.“ Let me know the time code where he did anything but walk and I’ll check it out
He walked briskly. If the officers were trained in H2H combat they would not have had to draw their weapons. Also, why send a woman officer there? Makes no sense.
That made me laugh out loud. Thank you.
1. He didn’t walk briskly, he walked, watch the video
2. You really think cops with guns aren’t trained to apprehend and arrest subjects?! Are you serious?
3. Why not send a woman officer? Don’t be a dick

You're just word parsing and bickering now, you couldn't be more clear you have nothing
No I’m it word parsing I’m calling out the BS spin you all are trying to use to justify this shooting. THERES A VIDEO WE CAN ALL SEE WHAT HAPPENED!! Stop lying about what happened. You said he “raced to the car” that’s a straight up lie. He clearly walked

No they can't. You're ignoring this part:

"and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."
That's exactly what YOU are ignoring. The idea behind the Fleeing Felon Rule is protect not just the cop, but also the community, from the fleeing felon, by not allowing him to escape into its streets. That's why the quote ends with the words >> "or others."
If he's unarmed, then you can't shoot him, dumbass. You can only shoot him if he poses a deadly threat, and no one in this discussion has disagreed with that.

It didn’t take 1/2 a second to walk around the car, you forget we can all see the video

Right, but again you're the one claiming that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down. Where is the video showing that?

And FYI I already acknowledged that the guy had warrants and was not obeying lawful orders by the police.

The question is why didn't they take him to the ground and cuff him instead of letting him open the door of his car and reach in?

Because it's DANGEROUS. They had a poor angle and position and would have had to grab him from behind moving away from them. How do you people never put things together. What happened in Atlanta when that happened? Two cops got in a wrestling match. He grabbed a taser and shot it at them.

Also, being shot with a taser and not being affected is correlated with being on drugs, which makes him more dangerous.

This thing that they only needed to tackle him while reaching out from behind is flat our retarded.

WHAT HAPPENED IN ATLANTA? Seriously, you think they just wrestle him for a trophy or something?

Blake would have walked away and so would the cops if he OBEYED them. If he had a gripe, then take it up later

It's not more dangerous than letting a person open his car door and reach inside for a weapon.

He was unarmed outside of the car.

And the cops get paid to do a dangerous job so that is not an excuse
Don't hate the player, hate the game. They did what they were trained to do.

Durr.....

Raced to the car? Can you point out the section of the video where he “raced to the car.“ Let me know the time code where he did anything but walk and I’ll check it out
He walked briskly. If the officers were trained in H2H combat they would not have had to draw their weapons. Also, why send a woman officer there? Makes no sense.
2. You really think cops with guns aren’t trained to apprehend and arrest subjects?! Are you serious?

You're just word parsing and bickering now, you couldn't be more clear you have nothing
No I’m it word parsing I’m calling out the BS spin you all are trying to use to justify this shooting. THERES A VIDEO WE CAN ALL SEE WHAT HAPPENED!! Stop lying about what happened. You said he “raced to the car” that’s a straight up lie. He clearly walked
I saw what happened via the same video and disagree with you. Next....

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I just counted 8 seconds that he was WALKING completely around the car to the drivers side door. Not 1/2 a second. Cops had plenty of time to apprehend him in several other non lethal ways
You are misinterpreting. The 1/2 second has to so with when the suspect allows his hands to disappear. Cops are trained to shoot at that instant. To not do so, is a death gamble for them. Society has long ruled that to be unacceptable. I agree.

Hahahahaha they had a poor angle?! Are you shitting me? You’ve resorted to pulling shit out of your ass and I must say... it stinks.

Yes, behind the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're protecting was in front of them walking away. Yes, that is a bad angle
no it's not.

Tell me is it easier to tackle a guy from the behind than it is when he is facing you ?

Hahahahaha they had a poor angle?! Are you shitting me? You’ve resorted to pulling shit out of your ass and I must say... it stinks.

Yes, behind the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're protecting was in front of them walking away. Yes, that is a bad angle
No it’s not. You’re out of points to make so your making up stupid shit now

Clearly the cops were behind him. You're just a liar
Yes they were behind him I never said they weren’t. That’s not a bad angle to make an arrest it’s actually the preferred angle

no it's not.

Tell me is it easier to tackle a guy from the behind than it is when he is facing you ?
He was tased 2x to no avail and where does it say cops have to tackle? Especially when they aren't trained. This isn't football. You mean take down?

I'm not talking about walking around the car. I'm taking about the amount of time it takes a suspect reaching into a car, to suddenly point a gun and shoot a cop.

they had plenty of time to put the guy on the ground Before he reached into his car. The cops were practically dancing with him as he walked around the car

no it's not.

He was tased 2x to no avail and where does it say cops have to tackle? Especially when they aren't trained. This isn't football. You mean take down?

Cops aren't trained to tackle people? Shit I see 10 year old kids tackling each other in pick up football games not much "training" needed

Really?

And it's their fucking job to subdue criminals isn't it?

At my age, you are going to have to time me with a Calendar. From watching the clip, the takedown should have happened when he was in front of the vehicle. Waiting until he was at the door was not good nor safe procedure. He didn't run around from the front to the car door. He walked. And it was pretty clear that the cops were giving him "Instructions" all along. He should have been taken down the second it became evident he had no intention of complying. Good procedure is do the takedown in numbers (the cops had the numbers) restrain the person, get him into the back seat of a cruiser as quickly as possible. Then sort things out. Nobody gets hurt, no one dies that day. And oops is much easier to explain than 7 shots to the back.
Sure, but all that is outside of the scenario cited in the OP. We're talking about the suspect's hands disappearing, and the 1/2 of time that a suspect could shoot a cop, if the the cop does not shoot the suspect. That's all.

#1) Looked like a faster walk than normal to me.

#2) They aren't. Most cops are below average in H2H combat. I am a part owner in three MMA gyms and part time instructor (hobby not job) most of the police officers cannot handle themselves well. Don't believe Hollywood.

#3) Dick? I am giving my opinion. A 5'4, 130 pound woman is useless against a 6'0., 185 pound man for the most part unless she is using weaponry or is highly trained (see #2).
If multiple cops aren’t adequately trained to arrest an unarmed man walking away from them without using lethal force then there is something seriously wrong. That’s the point

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back