I Do Not Believe in Black Racism

I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.
How old are you? Which university do you attend, if you are old enough?
I am 66 and I did not attend any university.
I will give you credit, at least you cite your references and have not resorted to name-calling.
I think that your observation about fear and understanding previously is quite accurate. I do not agree that only white people fail to listen the way you describe above. Unfortunately, blacks and whites have allowed themselves to be manipulated and polarized in order to continue a false narrative. The biggest problem I see is the inability of so many to see just how they are used by politicians and to step across that line and join forces against these manipulative predators.
I agree. The politicians game is to keep us looking at each other, fighting each other, concentrating all of our efforts of "the others" and not noticing that they are the cause of our problems. I noted before the story: There are 10 coins on the table, one guy grabs 9 of them and says, "quick, that other guy is stealing your money?" While we argue with each other, the larger sins of the government go unnoticed.

It's not just the politicians. They are elected. If the people who elect them do not believe this, why are they there?

This is the kind of disgusting behavior I'm talking about.

Seems like the man called the guy a racial slur. That was the disgusting behavior.

So that excuses a young, able-bodied boy beating up on the elderly man who is clearly unable to defend himself, correct?

No, and the bad lil mofo's friend was egging him on.

That old man would have been well within his rights to pull out a gun and blow the punk
away.

Seems that you want to excuse the racial slur that old man made. That old racist should not have made the racial slur if he was unable to defend himself..

I don't care if the guy called his gramma and baby sister syphllitic whores. NO words excuse that rotten shit those empty headed fucking little thugs were up to. It is too bad that old man didn't have a gun. I wouldn't have minded seeing the video end that way.
It's about time you warped, pathetic punks learn that freedom of speech applies to everyone in America, not just you hysterical bastards that think the appropriate response to hearing words you don't care for means you get to commit domestic terrorism.
I would spit on you.

Freedom of speech IS a wonderful thing. I have the right to say anything I choose, BUT if I choose to say something that is hateful, derogatory, spiteful, insensitive, am I using my freedom wisely? As an adult I have the right to drink, but I choose not to because I have seen the negative results of drinking and do not want to be controlled by any substance. I have the right to smoke, but I choose not to because I value my health. I have the right to own a gun, but I choose not to because I believe in a Higher Power for my protection. We should use our freedoms wisely. We should choose our words carefully, because sometimes spoken words have consequences. And the pen is mightier than the sword.

I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.
I will give you credit, at least you cite your references and have not resorted to name-calling.
I think that your observation about fear and understanding previously is quite accurate. I do not agree that only white people fail to listen the way you describe above. Unfortunately, blacks and whites have allowed themselves to be manipulated and polarized in order to continue a false narrative. The biggest problem I see is the inability of so many to see just how they are used by politicians and to step across that line and join forces against these manipulative predators.
I agree. The politicians game is to keep us looking at each other, fighting each other, concentrating all of our efforts of "the others" and not noticing that they are the cause of our problems. I noted before the story: There are 10 coins on the table, one guy grabs 9 of them and says, "quick, that other guy is stealing your money?" While we argue with each other, the larger sins of the government go unnoticed.

It's not just the politicians. They are elected. If the people who elect them do not believe this, why are they there?
Good question. It's supposed to be a government of the people, by the people and for the people. I believe it has become a government of, by and for the wealthy elites, who put so much dark money into buying elections.

Good question. It's supposed to be a government of the people, by the people and for the people. I believe it has become a government of, by and for the wealthy elites, who put so much dark money into buying elections.

Amen!

As a black person I will say Delores has got it spot on. This isn't just about slavery. What happened when slavery ended? Up until 52 years ago we were not afforded equal constitutional rights and protections because of laws made by whites. When I was born I did not have equal projection by law. And even though the law forbids overt racism now whites still practice it while enacting policies they know are targeted for people of color. Such as gutting voting rights, the attack on Affirmative action, the lies abut what affirmative action actually is, the attack on welfare and similar programs targeting poverty So I do think that when whites start whining about blacks one anyone else f color being racists they need to consider exactly what white racism has entailed first. Because it hasn't stopped and that's why Donald Trump is the president of the United States right now.

If you hate it so much, and feel so oppressed, you can feel free to move to Africa.

When you move back to Poland I'll do that.

Don't start with me with anther dumb ass white racist rant. I'm tlaking about demanding reparations from the governments a every level because these governments , federal, state, county and local made the laws. Now shut up.

rofl_emoticon.gif

Ok mongo, you go on' 'head and demand reparations in one hand and poop in the other.

See which one fills up 1st.

Yep, you's a iggggggggggnint sumbitch.

Nobody owes you anything. Suck it up, Buttercup.

NtVbkRW.png

We will get paid what we ae owed, because we ae owed, or this nation will be destroyed, Now these are the two inevitable outcomes.

So talk stupid all you want, it doesn't matter.

Oh, you'll get paid what you are owed, alright.

zJqge.gif
zJqge.gif

As a black person I will say Delores has got it spot on. This isn't just about slavery. What happened when slavery ended? Up until 52 years ago we were not afforded equal constitutional rights and protections because of laws made by whites. When I was born I did not have equal projection by law. And even though the law forbids overt racism now whites still practice it while enacting policies they know are targeted for people of color. Such as gutting voting rights, the attack on Affirmative action, the lies abut what affirmative action actually is, the attack on welfare and similar programs targeting poverty So I do think that when whites start whining about blacks one anyone else f color being racists they need to consider exactly what white racism has entailed first. Because it hasn't stopped and that's why Donald Trump is the president of the United States right now.

If you hate it so much, and feel so oppressed, you can feel free to move to Africa.

Don't start with me with anther dumb ass white racist rant. I'm tlaking about demanding reparations from the governments a every level because these governments , federal, state, county and local made the laws. Now shut up.

rofl_emoticon.gif

Ok mongo, you go on' 'head and demand reparations in one hand and poop in the other.

NtVbkRW.png

We will get paid what we ae owed, because we ae owed, or this nation will be destroyed, ...

Who's "we," and when is this destruction coming?

We, are America and since you want to be a smart ass I will tell you that I can't give you a date certain, but just understand that if we do not change we will be destroyed.

rofl_emoticon.gif

NtVbkRW.png

We will get paid what we ae owed, because we ae owed, or this nation will be destroyed, Now these are the two inevitable outcomes.

zJqge.gif
zJqge.gif

I'm fine with that. I will get older and go on to know that when I'm gone that if we are still here with ignorant whites like you , that I will go on to my rest knowing this nation will be destroyed and I did not have to live through the destruction.

rofl_emoticon.gif

NtVbkRW.png

Bend over... I'll give ya what you're owed

I don't participate in homosexual activities. It appears that you enjoy them frequently.

deannalw

I don't care if the guy called his gramma and baby sister syphllitic whores. NO words excuse that rotten shit those empty headed fucking little thugs were up to. It is too bad that old man didn't have a gun. I wouldn't have minded seeing the video end that way.
It's about time you warped, pathetic punks learn that freedom of speech applies to everyone in America, not just you hysterical bastards that think the appropriate response to hearing words you don't care for means you get to commit domestic terrorism.
I would spit on you.

You'd care if these black guys called you a fucked up honky bitch. So stop lying. Those kids weren't thugs, that old man was the one acting like a thug.

That old man got what he deserved.

If you would dare spit on me you'd end up wearing dentures.

You don't vote?

deannalw

I would spit on you.

You'd care if these black guys called you a fucked up honky bitch. So stop lying. Those kids weren't thugs, that old man was the one acting like a thug.

:lmao: another online badass!

You don't vote?

This is a dumb question. I say this because you can vote, your candidate loses and the winner represents everything that has been mentioned as the problem.

deannalw

I would spit on you.

:lmao: another online badass!

Well it seems that you ignore some things' here. Number one, the racist comment of that old man. Number two the statement of a person that said they would spit on me. Like I say, you enable the racists if you aren't one yourself.

rofl_emoticon.gif

NtVbkRW.png

Bend over... I'll give ya what you're owed

I don't participate in homosexual activities. It appears that you enjoy them frequently.

What evidence do you have that I enjoy homosexual activities, frequently even?
Jumping to asinine conclusions seems to be a specialty of yours.
I wasn't alluding to anything homosexual or any kind of sexual when I suggested you bend over, you big stupid baboon.
I was suggesting a kick in the ass, which you really do need.
Pig

rofl_emoticon.gif

NtVbkRW.png

We will get paid what we ae owed, because we ae owed, or this nation will be destroyed, ...

Who's "we," and when is this destruction coming?

We, are America ....

You imagine that you speak for America? You don't even speak for anyone else here other than maybe one or two at most. Get over yourself a little.

And everyone knows why you can't give a date.

deannalw

I would spit on you.

You are a wretched excuse for a human being. You are part of the problem, each and every day that you live.
It,s easy to be a message board badass, ain't it?

You don't vote?

This is a dumb question. I say this because you can vote, your candidate loses and the winner represents everything that has been mentioned as the problem.

Do you understand how voting works?

rofl_emoticon.gif

NtVbkRW.png

zJqge.gif
zJqge.gif

I'm fine with that. I will get older and go on to know that when I'm gone that if we are still here with ignorant whites like you , that I will go on to my rest knowing this nation will be destroyed and I did not have to live through the destruction.

Yep, because ignorant blacks like you, which propagate this utter nonsense of reparations and seem to think it's perfectly ok to resort to violence if necessary, guarantee that there will be another generation of idiots to follow in your footsteps.

There will be no reparations. Ever.

There is nothing "ignorant" about pointing that out, as much as you'd like to label it, and every other opinion that you don't disagree with, as such.

Seems you think 2 wrongs make a right. :cuckoo:

So if some 87-year old man with dementia called you a nigga, you'd beat him silly, huh?

You're the sorriest excuse for a human being currently on this board, IMO.

Why is it that whites like you always try finding a way to excuse whites for wrongs while holding others to separate standards you don't follow yourselves?

So stop making assumptions.

But, the big question is it Mediterranean's, or Whites who are the "Issue"

Keep in mind Mediterranean Arabs enslaved more than Europeans, and the Europeans who started the Atlantic Slave Trade, and who took the most Black slaves were Mediterranean Portuguese, and Spaniards?
And Portuguese and Spaniards of the time period in question already had a large dose of Moorish blood in their veins.

According to this genetic PCA plot Spaniards are about half way between an Estonian, and an Algerian.

Y8E4jlA.jpg

Which way you going with dat dere, Polish boy? :uhh:

Estonia's now #1 in Europe in educational PISA scores.

I've long considered moving to Poland, actually.

When have you thought about moving to Africa?

Forum List

Back