I don't not know how to feel about this. Obama moves troops to Russian border

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
US sends special forces to RUSSIAN BORDER as Nato is poised to strike back against Vladimir Putin’s ‘aggression’

PRESIDENT Obama has deployed US special forces troops along Lithuania’s border with “aggressive” Russia.

Tensions between Washington and the Kremlin have reached Cold War levels amid reports Vladimir Putin is deploying nuke-ready missiles in the Russian province of Kaliningrad – which borders Poland, Belarus and Lithuania.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2531054/america-special-forces-russian-border-lithuania-obama-putin/\

I just do not know how to feel. I mean I really don't.

It's bad enough Obama has created a new Cold War with Russia, he now seems determined to cause a hot war.

Can Obama be that petulant about Trump winning the election he would cause a war with Russia just to hamper the incoming president?

I mean the move may have been necessary by Obama. I'm no fan of Russia or Putin (just don't buy they hacked the election).

But shouldn't this move have been left to the incoming president and not taken by a lame duck president from the losing side?

I fear there is more politics than necessity in this move.

What do other people think? I just really don't know how I feel about this one. Just fear it was politically motivated.

It's a good idea to scan the board to see if the subject is being addressed in another thread....in this case it is.

I don't not know how to feel about this
Same here!

I agree. Why would he send our soldiers to the border??

Its starting to look like he wants a war. What a moron that man is.
It would be nice if we had more information. "amid reports" doesn't do it for me. There could very well a need for this. Then again, our POTUS is a huge hack..

The establishment Democrats are idiots. I tried to find out why they have a hard on for conflict with Russia but I couldn't find anything that makes sense.

Not unknown for petulant children to lash out in frustration.

This is not news.

It happens every day right here on USMB.

obama wants to start a very serious war because his feelings are hurt.

With the world "capitalist" economic system under duress and social unrest on the rise? Yeah, your world "leaders", bankers, and arms dealers are looking forward to war. It's a great business, everyone who matters makes money, and the masses are a bit preoccupied.

It's a good idea to scan the board to see if the subject is being addressed in another thread....in this case it is.

Yeah my bad on that one.

I'm just so stunned by the move by Obama, I really didn't think that one. Hopefully a mod will move this to the proper thread.

My apologies everyone!

US and NATO troops are already deployed to this region and country. We have operating facilities there. Any further deployments are reinforcements.
The last time this specific area was in the news was when Russian jets were launched to make simulated runs on a US Navy destroyer.
Russia has been building its forces in this area for some time. Any deployment of any additional US or NATO forces is a response to Russian increases in its own forces to the area.

With the world "capitalist" economic system under duress and social unrest on the rise? Yeah, your world "leaders", bankers, and arms dealers are looking forward to war. It's a great business, everyone who matters makes money, and the masses are a bit preoccupied.

Then why NOW, if this is about bankers wanting it?

They wait until a butthurt, lame duck president pulls this?

That just doesn't fit.

US and NATO troops are already deployed to this region and country. We operating facilities. Any further deployments are reinforcements.
The last time this specific area was in the news was when Russian jets were launched to make simulated runs on a US Navy destroyer.
Russia has been building its forces in this area for some time. Any deployment of any additional US or NATO forces is a response to Russian increases in its own forces to the area.

I agree that Russia is a bad actor.

Should we be doing this NOW before a new president comes in?

That seems very irresponsible and politically motivated.

Then why NOW, if this is about bankers wanting it?

They wait until a butthurt, lame duck president pulls this?

That just doesn't fit.

It never fits for the little people.

US and NATO troops are already deployed to this region and country. We operating facilities. Any further deployments are reinforcements.

I agree that Russia is a bad actor.

Should we be doing this NOW before a new president comes in?

That seems very irresponsible and politically motivated.

Why do you agree that Russia is a "bad actor?"

What proof do you have that they are a threat to US national security?

Forum List

Back