I don't think anyone would say that the Obama economy is perfect, but 73 months of unprecedented...

...job growth is anything but a "bad economy ".

I mean okay, the labor participation rate is pretty low and that does matter, but for republicans to pretend that means the economy is shit is just disingenuous bullshit. I mean, Christ the Great Recession began under Bush and ended 6 months into Obama's presidency. Most of that can be directly attributed to Obama's stimulus package. According to the CBO, the stimulus created 3 million private jobs. Since then, we have had NON STOP Jon growth. That is unheard of.

And sure, wages are low under Obama. However, like the labor participation rate, they began to decline BEFORE obama's presidency. Obama tried to fix this by raising the minimum wage to a very reasonable 10.10 per hour.

Face it repubs. Your party is a joke.

You do know the federal MW is not 10.10 an hour don't you?

That rate was for government contractors only

MAybe you better look shit up before you post it
And apparently you don't understand the concept of state minimum wage. 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. That means 18 million people would see a raise if the federal wage was increased to 10.10 per hour.
Obama never tried to raise the federal minimum wage all he did was raise the minimum that the federal government pays to contractors
Um no he attempted to do both.

OK then post the bill and the votes on it
Senate Republicans block Obama bid to hike minimum wage | Reuters

I'll miss President Obama.

12670654_1105573156202404_6463145979130759605_n.png

What you determine or not isn't relevant to anyone but yourself. That was my point. Why does it need to be further explained to you?

A hardcore partisan is someone that stands with their party no matter what. I see a whole shitload of criticism of the GOP by conservatives here and pretty much everywhere I look. So I don't think you even know what the term means, you simply throw it out there as a means to dismiss opinions that differ from your own.

I'm not even a party member but that's too much for your toggle switch brain.
Well, it looks like I'll have to find a way to proceed without your approval then, huh?

OMG!!!!

He called you a.....a.....a .....a fence-sitter!!!!
(post #31)

You're not gonna put up with that, are ya'??????
I'm used to it from hardcore partisan ideologues.

A hardcore partisan ideologue's biggest threat is not a hardcore partisan ideologue from the "other side". They're easy.

A hardcore partisan ideologue's biggest threat is someone who chooses to think for themselves.

But I appreciate your concern!

Let me get this straight: so....everyone who recognizes you as a 'fence sitter' is a "hardcore partisan ideologue from the "other side"???

Is that the story you tell yourself????

Does it work....or does your face fall when you gaze in the mirror?

The truth will set you free.....you could begin this way: "Well...there are some good things about being a fence sitter...."

Or....."My name is Mac, and I am a fence sitter" (11 more steps to go!)
You asked, I answered.

I'll keep thinking for myself, you keep doing what you're doing.

Let's be clear.....nobody said you don't think for yourself.

We just said you don't have the courage to pick a side and defend it.

Hence, fence sitter.

Which....of course, is your right (giggle, giggle)

Well, it looks like I'll have to find a way to proceed without your approval then, huh?

OMG!!!!

(post #31)

A hardcore partisan ideologue's biggest threat is not a hardcore partisan ideologue from the "other side". They're easy.

A hardcore partisan ideologue's biggest threat is someone who chooses to think for themselves.

Let me get this straight: so....everyone who recognizes you as a 'fence sitter' is a "hardcore partisan ideologue from the "other side"???

The truth will set you free.....you could begin this way: "Well...there are some good things about being a fence sitter...."

You asked, I answered.

Hence, fence sitter.

And look at all the effort you're putting into this.

Illustrating my point, again.

I mean okay, the labor participation rate is pretty low and that does matter, but for republicans to pretend that means the economy is shit is just disingenuous bullshit. I mean, Christ the Great Recession began under Bush and ended 6 months into Obama's presidency. Most of that can be directly attributed to Obama's stimulus package. According to the CBO, the stimulus created 3 million private jobs. Since then, we have had NON STOP Jon growth. That is unheard of.

And sure, wages are low under Obama. However, like the labor participation rate, they began to decline BEFORE obama's presidency. Obama tried to fix this by raising the minimum wage to a very reasonable 10.10 per hour.

And apparently you don't understand the concept of state minimum wage. 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. That means 18 million people would see a raise if the federal wage was increased to 10.10 per hour.
If it was a state min wage how could Obama raise it?
Are you really this dumb? Nothing I am talking about has anything to do with Obama raising state minimum wage. If the federal minimum wage was raised to 10.10 per hour, 18 million people would see a raise. This isn't hard to grasp.
This is your exact quote:
Obama tried to fix this by raising the minimum wage to a very reasonable 10.10 per hour.

That means that Obama already raised the min wage to 10,10 per hour.
But he didnt. He only raised the min wage for federal workers to that point.
You have been caught yet again in a stupid and now are trying desperately to cover your ass. It wont work.

Obama never tried to raise the federal minimum wage all he did was raise the minimum that the federal government pays to contractors

...Seriously?

Here's a hint: Republican Congress.

Are you really this dumb? Nothing I am talking about has anything to do with Obama raising state minimum wage. If the federal minimum wage was raised to 10.10 per hour, 18 million people would see a raise. This isn't hard to grasp.
Obama tried to fix this by raising the minimum wage to a very reasonable 10.10 per hour.

You have been caught yet again in a stupid and now are trying desperately to cover your ass. It wont work.

"Tried" =/= "Accomplished"

OMG!!!!

(post #31)

You asked, I answered.

Hence, fence sitter.

The only point you have is under your hat.

Senate Republicans block Obama bid to hike minimum wage | Reuters
OK so Obama didnt raise the min wage, which contradicts what you wrote earlier.
Wow, you're sucking worse than usual today, Billy.

Reading skills <>You
He wrote Obama tried to fix low wages by raising the min wage. But he didnt raise the min wage for anyone other than federal contractors.
Pretty simple unless you're stupid.

Unprecedented what? Stagnation? The best idea Barry Hussein ever had was "cash for clunkers" and that was ludicrous. He shut down the coal mines but the solar industry went down the drain also. The secretary of state tells Americans that global warming is the world's biggest threat right before ISIS terrorized Europe. Just when we needed leadership he kisses Castro's ass, takes Tango lessons in Brazil and gives the freaking peace sign to the Russians.

Reading skills <>You
He wrote Obama tried to fix low wages by raising the min wage. But he didnt raise the min wage for anyone other than federal contractors.
Pretty simple unless you're stupid.
Like all the other typical good ideas in this situation, mindlessly blocked by bought off GOP...Great job, Brownie.

Who negotiated the Iraq Agreement? Yeah, a real leader.

Lol I am well aware that Obama tried and failed to raise federal minimum wage in the private sector. Oh well if you can't figure that out.

You asked, I answered.

Hence, fence sitter.

The only point you have is under your hat.
Perfect!

Lol I am well aware that Obama tried and failed to raise federal minimum wage in the private sector. Oh well if you can't figure that out.
Billy youre not aware you're alive. You've contradicted yourself and backpedalled so often on this thread even you don't know what youv'e posted.

Billy youre not aware you're alive. You've contradicted yourself and backpedalled so often on this thread even you don't know what youv'e posted.
You try waaayyy too hard.

. It failed to fix the recession but that doesn't mean it didn't create millions of jobs you doofus.l.
LOL!! You cannot make this shit up!!!
Yes I know you have trouble with nuance. It's okay. I'm used to it. Here's more from, you know, actual economists:

Was the Obama Stimulus a Success or a Failure?

Compared to Bush??

bikini-graph-private-sector-June-2014.jpg

12928326_985090438194397_5308961829131217847_n.jpg
Who negotiated the Iraq Agreement? Yeah, a real leader.
Finally almost stumbled on a fact. But it's Iran.

Forum List

Back