I don't think anyone would say that the Obama economy is perfect, but 73 months of unprecedented...

The economy sucks and libtards are polishing obama's turd furiously for the upcoming election. Anyone that isn't sniffing obama's anal fumes knows it.

Bullshit. The American economy has fully recovered from W's job killing follies, but until the tax code is reformed, Reagan's tax restructuring is still sending all income to the top 5%, and the workers are screwed.

Conservatives refuse to acknowledge any of this and are now pretending the world was better off under Bush.

It was because during the entire 8 years we never had 15% unemployment...like ever.
Bush was hammered for much better numbers. A real 5% was considered a national disaster. Now we have phony numbers fluffed up with part timers and people that gave up or retired early.

Prove It!!

Exactly. This shows it perfectly:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Funny how your graph stops at 2007.
Since 2009...the highest 7% have grown a RECORD 33%. While the rest of your graph LOSS 5%.
But I don't suppose that interest you.

Why don't you show us? I used the latest version I could find.

It's everywhere...and guy, if you do not know the stat I am stating here...what does that say?
I'll tell you...it shows how the media gives Obama a pass on EVERYTHING.
Did you know that during this same period..that is... record Wall Street earnings, record earnings bonuses given by same, record stock valuations etc. etc. etc. - the Obama administration CONTINUED TO GIVE $70 BILLION a MONTH to these people??? Bet you didn't know that either.
Bet you didn't know that Obama has used the greatest trickle down economic tools than any President in history? He is by far the greatest friend to Wall Street/Super corporations than any Republican President could ever hope to be.

No....you NeoCons are pissed because he ended your wars.....one totally unnecessary. I was a Republican the first thirty years I voted. I quit on them after voting for Reagan one time. Tax cuts for the wealthy.....that's the modern Republican platform. You bastards are quick to cut taxes but then you never cut spending a goddam dime. That's where the national debt came from. Obama has already paid about two trillion dollars of interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt. If not for that he could have settled the debt or at least got started.

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

Gee...here is thought. If the economy was doing as well as Obama told you it was then wouldn't these numbers kind of align with the national average. Youth unemployment is normally higher because they have little employment history but when the economy is doing well the difference isn't that high. 14% is way higher than whatever Obama tells you and much higher and that difference is much higher than the previous two administrations. I guess I can be like some people and just think "Obama told me so so it must be so" but I prefer to think critically of the situation and just look around. Why ain't my relatives who have college degrees unable to get a yearly raise. Why is it no one I know has been able to get a decent raise? Gee...wally...could it be because their ain't enough jobs out there and employers know that so they cheapen up on raises.

Youth unemployment is universally higher than the national unemployment rate (across the entire globe...) since there are young people in college and high school, and the age they start counting them as "youth" is 15, which is before everyone even starts looking for a job. And actually 14% was the rate in 2014, nowadays it's around 10.5%.

FYI - In 2004 the youth unemployment rate was 12.5%.
Idiot.
Unemployment counts people actively looking for work. That is the defiinition of the term.

No it isn't, thats a certain metric of unemployment the labor department classifies.

But even if you go by that metric, youth unemployment is universally higher than regular unemployment...everywhere, without exception. What SuperDemocrat was talking about is nonsense.
You are predictably wrong. When the gov't quotes an unemployment rate the definition involves people looking for work.
As to the fact that youth unemployment is higher, that's true. But the gap is much bigger.

The unemployment rate includes all people looking for work? That would be a false figure. I've never quit my job without first finding another one, generally leaving one firm on Friday and starting at the new firm on the following Monday. According to this criteria, I would be classed as "unemployed" because I was looking for another job.
I don't think "fluffer" is a legitimate job category but I could be wrong.
Unemployed
Who is counted as unemployed?

• Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work.
  • Workers expecting to be recalled from layoff are counted as unemployed, whether or not they have engaged in a specific job-seeking activity.
  • In all other cases, the individual must have been engaged in at least one active job search activity in the 4 weeks preceding the interview and be available for work (except for temporary illness).
]

The economy sucks and libtards are polishing obama's turd furiously for the upcoming election. Anyone that isn't sniffing obama's anal fumes knows it.

Bullshit. The American economy has fully recovered from W's job killing follies, but until the tax code is reformed, Reagan's tax restructuring is still sending all income to the top 5%, and the workers are screwed.

Conservatives refuse to acknowledge any of this and are now pretending the world was better off under Bush.

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg
Gee how come the chart cuts off in 2007? Have peopel stopped earning income? Or is the truth that those numbers have gotten worse under Obama, with rich people getting richer and middle class people getting screwed?

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Funny how your graph stops at 2007.
Since 2009...the highest 7% have grown a RECORD 33%. While the rest of your graph LOSS 5%.
But I don't suppose that interest you.

Why don't you show us? I used the latest version I could find.

It's everywhere...and guy, if you do not know the stat I am stating here...what does that say?
I'll tell you...it shows how the media gives Obama a pass on EVERYTHING.
Did you know that during this same period..that is... record Wall Street earnings, record earnings bonuses given by same, record stock valuations etc. etc. etc. - the Obama administration CONTINUED TO GIVE $70 BILLION a MONTH to these people??? Bet you didn't know that either.
Bet you didn't know that Obama has used the greatest trickle down economic tools than any President in history? He is by far the greatest friend to Wall Street/Super corporations than any Republican President could ever hope to be.

No....you NeoCons are pissed because he ended your wars.....one totally unnecessary. I was a Republican the first thirty years I voted. I quit on them after voting for Reagan one time. Tax cuts for the wealthy.....that's the modern Republican platform. You bastards are quick to cut taxes but then you never cut spending a goddam dime. That's where the national debt came from. Obama has already paid about two trillion dollars of interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt. If not for that he could have settled the debt or at least got started.

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg
What wars did Obama end? We still have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Cue the denial of facts...

You mean like in the far left OP?

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2006_2016_all_period_M03_data.gif

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_1948_2016_all_period_M03_data.gif

And yet the economy never really recovered!

As many more people are working two part time jobs..

But hey that is a win for the far left!

Record numbers of people on food stamps

Another win for the far left..

For the far left loosing is the new winning!

And yes Campbell I notice you haven't addressed my post.
It takes a better person to deal with information that is contrary to what you want to believe.
Like most, apparently, you just want to ignore it and keeping posting up what you want to believe.

...job growth is anything but a "bad economy ".

I mean okay, the labor participation rate is pretty low and that does matter, but for republicans to pretend that means the economy is shit is just disingenuous bullshit. I mean, Christ the Great Recession began under Bush and ended 6 months into Obama's presidency. Most of that can be directly attributed to Obama's stimulus package. According to the CBO, the stimulus created 3 million private jobs. Since then, we have had NON STOP Jon growth. That is unheard of.

And sure, wages are low under Obama. However, like the labor participation rate, they began to decline BEFORE obama's presidency. Obama tried to fix this by raising the minimum wage to a very reasonable 10.10 per hour.

Face it repubs. Your party is a joke.

You do know the federal MW is not 10.10 an hour don't you?

That rate was for government contractors only

MAybe you better look shit up before you post it

So politics can't effect the economy? LOL
I'll try again.

Partisans discussing economics have zero (0) credibility, because they're partisans and they only look at and leverage data, news, information and opinions that support their political position, and ignore and avoid all of the above that don't.

As they do with pretty much every other topic.

There. That's better.
It's an incredibly stupid point of view. You are declaring that no one can support a political ideology and look objectively at the data. All you are doing is preening yourself as some kind of moral high ground. That you think it's credible is what laughable.
Yes, I've come to the conclusion that adherence to a partisan ideology ultimately and literally distorts thought processes.

What I've not yet fully determined is whether hardcore partisans can't be objective due to this, or whether they consciously choose not to be objective and are simply dishonest. My guess, at this point, is that it's some combination therein, dependent upon the situation. Whichever, there is no reason to believe them on pretty much anything, because they are not rational.

And regarding the "moral high ground", I find that pretty ironic. Hardcore partisans are still the minority in this country, they're just much louder. In other words, there are far more of me than there are of you, so there is nothing special about me.

Rather, hardcore partisans have convinced themselves that they and their "side" have all the answers. That sounds pretty narcissistic to me. Yet another reason not to take them seriously.
What you determine or not isn't relevant to anyone but yourself. That was my point. Why does it need to be further explained to you?

A hardcore partisan is someone that stands with their party no matter what. I see a whole shitload of criticism of the GOP by conservatives here and pretty much everywhere I look. So I don't think you even know what the term means, you simply throw it out there as a means to dismiss opinions that differ from your own.

I'm not even a party member but that's too much for your toggle switch brain.
Well, it looks like I'll have to find a way to proceed without your approval then, huh?

OMG!!!!

He called you a.....a.....a .....a fence-sitter!!!!
(post #31)

You're not gonna put up with that, are ya'??????

I'll try again.

Partisans discussing economics have zero (0) credibility, because they're partisans and they only look at and leverage data, news, information and opinions that support their political position, and ignore and avoid all of the above that don't.

As they do with pretty much every other topic.

There. That's better.
It's an incredibly stupid point of view. You are declaring that no one can support a political ideology and look objectively at the data. All you are doing is preening yourself as some kind of moral high ground. That you think it's credible is what laughable.
Yes, I've come to the conclusion that adherence to a partisan ideology ultimately and literally distorts thought processes.

What I've not yet fully determined is whether hardcore partisans can't be objective due to this, or whether they consciously choose not to be objective and are simply dishonest. My guess, at this point, is that it's some combination therein, dependent upon the situation. Whichever, there is no reason to believe them on pretty much anything, because they are not rational.

And regarding the "moral high ground", I find that pretty ironic. Hardcore partisans are still the minority in this country, they're just much louder. In other words, there are far more of me than there are of you, so there is nothing special about me.

Rather, hardcore partisans have convinced themselves that they and their "side" have all the answers. That sounds pretty narcissistic to me. Yet another reason not to take them seriously.
What you determine or not isn't relevant to anyone but yourself. That was my point. Why does it need to be further explained to you?

A hardcore partisan is someone that stands with their party no matter what. I see a whole shitload of criticism of the GOP by conservatives here and pretty much everywhere I look. So I don't think you even know what the term means, you simply throw it out there as a means to dismiss opinions that differ from your own.

Well, it looks like I'll have to find a way to proceed without your approval then, huh?

OMG!!!!

(post #31)

I'm used to it from hardcore partisan ideologues.

A hardcore partisan ideologue's biggest threat is not a hardcore partisan ideologue from the "other side". They're easy.

A hardcore partisan ideologue's biggest threat is someone who chooses to think for themselves.

But I appreciate your concern!

I mean okay, the labor participation rate is pretty low and that does matter, but for republicans to pretend that means the economy is shit is just disingenuous bullshit. I mean, Christ the Great Recession began under Bush and ended 6 months into Obama's presidency. Most of that can be directly attributed to Obama's stimulus package. According to the CBO, the stimulus created 3 million private jobs. Since then, we have had NON STOP Jon growth. That is unheard of.

And sure, wages are low under Obama. However, like the labor participation rate, they began to decline BEFORE obama's presidency. Obama tried to fix this by raising the minimum wage to a very reasonable 10.10 per hour.

Billy Trplle Zip is the most failed poster on here. If it weren't for logical fallacies his posts would have no logical at all.

And apparently you don't understand the concept of state minimum wage. 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. That means 18 million people would see a raise if the federal wage was increased to 10.10 per hour.

And apparently you don't understand the concept of state minimum wage. 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. That means 18 million people would see a raise if the federal wage was increased to 10.10 per hour.
If it was a state min wage how could Obama raise it?

If it was a state min wage how could Obama raise it?
Are you really this dumb? Nothing I am talking about has anything to do with Obama raising state minimum wage. If the federal minimum wage was raised to 10.10 per hour, 18 million people would see a raise. This isn't hard to grasp.

Obama never tried to raise the federal minimum wage all he did was raise the minimum that the federal government pays to contractors

OMG!!!!

(post #31)

A hardcore partisan ideologue's biggest threat is not a hardcore partisan ideologue from the "other side". They're easy.

A hardcore partisan ideologue's biggest threat is someone who chooses to think for themselves.

Let me get this straight: so....everyone who recognizes you as a 'fence sitter' is a "hardcore partisan ideologue from the "other side"???

Is that the story you tell yourself????

Does it work....or does your face fall when you gaze in the mirror?

The truth will set you free.....you could begin this way: "Well...there are some good things about being a fence sitter...."

Or....."My name is Mac, and I am a fence sitter" (11 more steps to go!)

Obama never tried to raise the federal minimum wage all he did was raise the minimum that the federal government pays to contractors
Um no he attempted to do both.

Um no he attempted to do both.

OK then post the bill and the votes on it

Billy Trplle Zip is the most failed poster on here. If it weren't for logical fallacies his posts would have no logical at all.
Are you incapable of coherent thoughts?

OMG!!!!

(post #31)

Let me get this straight: so....everyone who recognizes you as a 'fence sitter' is a "hardcore partisan ideologue from the "other side"???

Is that the story you tell yourself????

Does it work....or does your face fall when you gaze in the mirror?

The truth will set you free.....you could begin this way: "Well...there are some good things about being a fence sitter...."

Or....."My name is Mac, and I am a fence sitter" (11 more steps to go!)
You asked, I answered.

I'll keep thinking for myself, you keep doing what you're doing.

Forum List

Back