🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I find it very disturbing

People are evolving and the issue is being resolved. Bigots and homophobes are kicking and screaming as they are dragged into the 21st century.
Try responding with something original. Denial is not a defense.
People are evolving....What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Oh....And I neither oppose nor support gay marriage.
Quite frankly, I could not care less.
In fact I say let them have at it....Only an irrational person would welcome something that has a 55% chance of failure. Let them deal with the arguing, fighting, who left the towel on the floor in the bathroom, how come the lawn did not get mowed, why the car didn't get washed, who is in charge of making sure the bills get paid, joint bank accounts, who contributes more to the household financially, who contributes to the relationship emotionally.
Go ahead...Have at it. Don't say you were't warned.
Poster Howie left a post a few weeks back he could finally get married to his partner. I wished him well and God Speed....he has not been back in a while. I wonder if that marriage thingy has already placed a burden on his free time......UGH....

Which one are you...?

evolution-image-11.jpg

People are evolving and the issue is being resolved. Bigots and homophobes are kicking and screaming as they are dragged into the 21st century.

Yep. That's exactly what's going on. And some of us are asking, "Should government have the power to do that?".

It has been voted on. Then the vote was annulled by the courts. Voting is obviously not the answer to bringing the issue to a close. Maybe if we had thought police we could make everyone think one way and that would end the debate.

There's a difference between a controversy among people, and a controversy in the law. The former can go on indefinitely. The latter can be rather definitivelyl resolved. The USSC will resolve this issue in June.

You're welcome to think whatever you'd like and debate it to your heart's content after.
Correct. The law may be what it is, but community standards are the real "law"....
If the people in a community do not accept certain behaviors or types of people who they deem undesirable, there is nothing anyone can do to stop it..And all it takes is silence.
If a bunch of kids who dress goth move into a quiet family neighborhood, all the others have to do to get rid of them is if they disturb the peace, call the police. Otherwise ignore them. Treat them like strangers. Eventually, they will leave....We may not be able to ban types of people from where we live, but the government cannot tell a community they must accept them either.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.
Redfish I would say we need a Constitutional amendment or convention
on political beliefs in general, which issues do we AGREE are beliefs that govt cannot force people to change,
and how do we handle these and keep them from mucking up public policy since people, by human nature, won't change their beliefs by govt and force of law but will always fight for defense. Why isn't that defense already recognized by Constitutional laws? Can we agree that political beliefs count as creeds or religion that are protected by law from discrimination? And quit pushing legislation, politicians or parties that threaten to override the beliefs of one side by pushing other beliefs?

The very last thing we need is Big Government and more invasive laws.

This is an issue that government should not have any say in at all.
Wait a minute....WHAT?...

Yep. That's exactly what's going on. And some of us are asking, "Should government have the power to do that?".

Why do you hate the Constitution? We are a nation of laws - and civilized people promote change by voting.

Why do you hate the Constitution? We are a nation of laws - and civilized people promote change by voting.

That doesn't answer the question.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.

If gay marriage is so dangerous and harmful, why would you want the mob to decide whether or not it's legal?
One could ask the same question regarding your side's ultra opposition to all things Christian....While non Christian, Muslim in particular, gets a hall pass.
The Christian and Jewish religions have been a favored target of the left for years now..As far as you are concerned, it is perfectly reasonable and acceptable to insult and impugn these two groups.
So please, don't ask questions like the one you asked in the above post.
Because JudeoChristians are a victim class here.

Your severe homophobia will certainly not detain you from xenophobia, so just tell us straight up....why you harbor such hatred for those not like "you".

Let's persuade our resident Jedi Knights, Guardians of The Realm and Keepers of The Faith to open, start, promote and encourage a gay butt-ranger Board so that all of our libturd friends can go there and participate in reach-arounds ad infinitum.

Problem solved.
And you don't? When's the last time you embraced the presence of a non liberal?

Well, sparky, who do you think SHOULD have the power to do that - if not the government?

Well, sparky, who do you think SHOULD have the power to do that - if not the government?

No one should have the power to do it by force. No one should be "dragged kicking and screaming" in the name of progress.

You know what I never get Redfish is, president Jefferson in his letters argued for a separation of church and state, the supreme court said he was right about it and the constitution.

So ok when did the US government get involved again with religion and marriage?

When did they decided again to get involved with a 6,000 year old religious ceremony?

Why?

I never can understand it?
I sort of asked that same thing...Maybe it is because those who wrote laws governing property, wealth, estates, employer provided benefits and all the other issues regarding who is a relative and who is not never anticipated the definition of what is marriage and what is not would ever come into question....
Also, since states took it upon themselves to act as the statistical abstract and with that made the decision to create licensure for marriage, they just stepped in and went all the way to sanctioning marriage....

We don't vote on rights. We are not a direct democracy. Our Constitution was set up to protect the rights of the minority.

Exactly.

The right always wants more and more laws and more invasive laws.

Get government (and religion) out of our private lives.
I cannot believe you actually posted that....

What's disturbing is the unwarranted fear and hatred of gays. If you and others on the right would simply stop trying to deny gay Americans their civil rights, you'd not have to hear about it any more.
We're not even discussing that issue.
Typical of the left wing, when on the ropes in an argument, always rely on either the hate card or the race card.

What's disturbing is the unwarranted fear and hatred of gays. If you and others on the right would simply stop trying to deny gay Americans their civil rights, you'd not have to hear about it any more.

What rights are being violated when someone is discriminated against?

Last edited:

No one should have the power to do it by force. No one should be "dragged kicking and screaming" in the name of progress.
That's just what segregationists said....of all stripes.

That's just what segregationists said....of all stripes.

That still doesn't answer the question.

The people...Just as is stated in the US Constitution
Marriage is a religious practice

Has nothing to do with the fucking government

Don't any one see this?

Well, see. You just proved your stupidity.

Marriage has NOTHING to do with Religion and EVERYTHING to do with government.

Everything.

Marriage is a State -Sponsored arrangement, not a religious one.

You really do make a wonderful dimocrap -- Dumb as a box of fucking rocks.

I suggest you read some Plato.

The State determines who is and who isn't married, not religion
You are so full of shit its not even funny, the state never decided , god did
Legally, in contracts, once both parties have signed their marriage license and the City or County Clerk or the City or County Recorder, has recorded the license into the Record, for all intents an purposes, the marriage is legal.
Of course, if the religious or civil ceremony does not take place the party or parties( both potential spouses) that object(s) may rescind.
In my state I think its 10 or 15 business days after the license is filed.\
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people

So, should we all just wonder around in a random manner doing whatever we please? Seriously, why do you hate the Constitution so much?

Forum List

Back