🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I find it very disturbing

Yep. That's exactly what's going on. And some of us are asking, "Should government have the power to do that?".

Why do you hate the Constitution? We are a nation of laws - and civilized people promote change by voting.

That doesn't answer the question.

Well, sparky, who do you think SHOULD have the power to do that - if not the government?

No one should have the power to do it by force. No one should be "dragged kicking and screaming" in the name of progress.

You should go back to your cave.

Should I be dragged? Kicking and screaming?

Why do you hate the Constitution? We are a nation of laws - and civilized people promote change by voting.

Well, sparky, who do you think SHOULD have the power to do that - if not the government?

No one should have the power to do it by force. No one should be "dragged kicking and screaming" in the name of progress.

You should go back to your cave.

Should I be dragged? Kicking and screaming?

You going to your cave was just a suggestion. I have no idea of why you keep threatening to go "kicking and screaming," If you don't agree with gay marriage, don't do it. It's really just that simple. We're a Republic, not a Democracy. You don't get to vote away others civil rights. That's how it is in this country. If you're unhappy with our laws, I suggest you move to another country.

So, should we all just wonder around in a random manner doing whatever we please? Seriously, why do you hate the Constitution so much?

Still dodging? If you think that government should have the power to drag people, kicking and screaming, toward new values they don't agree with, well... that's pretty fucked up.

And yet the government DOES have that power. Not over an individual's personal beliefs of course, but to follow the law even if you feel it is contrary to your "values". Anti miscegenationists and segregationists have to adhere to laws contrary to their values. If it's "fucked up" then it's been this way for over half a century.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.

If gay marriage is so dangerous and harmful, why would you want the mob to decide whether or not it's legal?

because majority vote is the way civilized people settle such issues.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.

And what does it do?...It starts another thread about gay rights. Are you feeling left out?

o-ORTHODOX-CALENDAR-2014-facebook.jpg

You don't get to vote Constitutional rights away!

you don't get to create rights that do not exist.

Obviously those rights do exist, you big dummy.

gay marriage is not a right.

So, should we all just wonder around in a random manner doing whatever we please? Seriously, why do you hate the Constitution so much?

Still dodging? If you think that government should have the power to drag people, kicking and screaming, toward new values they don't agree with, well... that's pretty fucked up.

And yet the government DOES have that power. Not over an individual's personal beliefs of course, but to follow the law even if you feel it is contrary to your "values". Anti miscegenationists and segregationists have to adhere to laws contrary to their values. If it's "fucked up" then it's been this way for over half a century.

thegovernment does NOT have the right or authority to dictate societal morals and ethics. You want a minority view to be mandated on the majority. That is tyrany.

The gay marriage deal is not really the issue here. The real issue is how does any society decide what it considers right and wrong. The answer is by majority vote, not minority dictate.

Thats the issue here, gay marriage is just the current symbol.

So...the answer is to start another thread on gays. Lovely.

Only to point out the serious division of the country on this issue. With all of the real problems facing this country and the world. we in the US are obsessed and preoccupied with gay marriage.

I don't understand it. I don't understand why we can't have a vote like we do on most issues and the most votes prevails.

Its not a consittutional issue, its a societal issue. Society should decide by majority vote whether society will sanction gay marriage or not. I am fully willing to abide by the will of the people, are you?

Can we have them vote on universal background checks for gun purchases too?

If gay marriage is so dangerous and harmful, why would you want the mob to decide whether or not it's legal?

We elected the President. The people of the states elected their Senators. In the process we constitutionally delegated the people in those offices to select and maintain a Supreme Court.

So...the answer is to start another thread on gays. Lovely.

Only to point out the serious division of the country on this issue. With all of the real problems facing this country and the world. we in the US are obsessed and preoccupied with gay marriage.

I don't understand it. I don't understand why we can't have a vote like we do on most issues and the most votes prevails.

Its not a consittutional issue, its a societal issue. Society should decide by majority vote whether society will sanction gay marriage or not. I am fully willing to abide by the will of the people, are you?

Can we have them vote on universal background checks for gun purchases too?

We elected the President. The people of the states elected their Senators. In the process we constitutionally delegated the people in those offices to select and maintain a Supreme Court.

gun laws are put in place by majority votes in the US congress and that legislatures of the states, so yes, we should and do vote on background checks

Yes, we elect our president and congress by majority vote and they pass laws by majority vote. There is no federal statute on gay marriage, in some states there are such statutes.

If you want a federal law on it, pass one or pass a constitutional amendment.

But, if gay marriage becomes tha law of the land, then there will be absolutely no legal defence against all forms of multiple marriage and marriages within families. Is that where you want this country to go?

Back to my OP. Can anyone explain why this country is currently so obsessed with gay marriage and the gay agenda?

Why is this issue in the forefront when we have much more critical issues facing us?

This is a serious question, if you can't answer seriously then please don't answer.

Back to my OP. Can anyone explain why this country is currently so obsessed with gay marriage and the gay agenda?

Why is this issue in the forefront when we have much more critical issues facing us?

This is a serious question, if you can't answer seriously then please don't answer.

Because many people perceive it as the civil rights issue of their generation.

The gullible and the stupid do, yes.

But the truth is this -- the DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media, which includes Hollywood, Actors, Actresses, Directors, Producers, Writers, the 'Arts', Music, Stage, etc has an over-representation of fags, butt-rangers and carpet munchers. Easily 25% while the General Population has around 2%

No other occupation outside of the Designer/Decorator Trade has nearly as high of a percentage of them.

And who is the leading, knob-slurping, lying, corrupt, knee-pad-wearing supporter of the scum of the earth dimocrap party?

the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM.

This topic is important to Hollywood and the LSM, and this is the Liar in Chief's way of saying 'Thank You for all the lies'

There are a lot more groups who are being a lot more oppressed than butt-rangers and carpet munchers

Okay, let's have a nationwide referendum on universal gun background checks and gay marriage. Lump them together.

Sure, lets do it. Bring it on. BTW, how do you plan to do a background check when one gangbanger sells a stolen gun to another gangbanger?

Maybe, but why is homosexuality so high on the civil rights agenda? Think about it. The left must have an agenda, race no longer works for them, so now its gays. Next it will be polygamists. Watch.

Okay, let's have a nationwide referendum on universal gun background checks and gay marriage. Lump them together.

Ok s0n.........lets.............

Record number of Americans oppose handgun ban - The Washington Post

74% = lOsInG

:spinner::blowup::spinner::blowup::spinner::blowup::spinner::blowup:

FAIL.

He said background checks.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...un-owners-support-universal-background-checks
92 percent of gun owners support universal background checks

Ninety-two percent of voters, including 92 percent of gun owners and 86 percent of Republicans, support background checks prior to all gun sales, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac University.

So right back at you, lOsInG: :spinner::blowup::spinner::blowup::spinner::blowup::spinner:

Ok s0n.........lets.............

Record number of Americans oppose handgun ban - The Washington Post

74% = lOsInG

:spinner::blowup::spinner::blowup::spinner::blowup::spinner::blowup:

FAIL.

He said background checks.

92 percent of gun owners support universal background checks

So right back at you, lOsInG: :spinner::blowup::spinner::blowup::spinner::blowup::spinner:

how do you do a background check when one gangbanger sells a stolen gun to another gangbanger in exchange for a couple rocks of crack?

Sure, lets do it. Bring it on. BTW, how do you plan to do a background check when one gangbanger sells a stolen gun to another gangbanger?
Continuum Fallacy.

where is the fallacy? Do you expect criminals to comply with background check laws? are you that stupid?

Forum List

Back