I Googled "Repub gives up 5% of salary

If Obama had not come up with the sequester and then threatened to veto any legislation that crossed his desk that would have stopped the cuts from happening there would be no need for the 5% give up which might cover a tank of gas which has tripled in price since Obama took office in 2009.

In the summer of 2008 gas was over $4 a gallon.

So Obama is giving back money that is ours anyway. Heck, he didnt earn that.
Do libs ever stop to think? Ever?

I would be happier if Obama spent 5% of his day actually in the White House
instead of being out and about in constant campaign mode.

I would be happier if Obama spent 5% of his day actually in the White House
instead of being out and about in constant campaign mode.

I'd be happier if we paid him to go play golf instead of screwing up the country with more absurd failed programs.

Not going to make much of a dent in the amount of money being thrown
into financing all the people on food stamps,disability and welfare.

Because only an idiot would search on the string 'republican gives up 5% of salary'. You don't know how to google worth crap.

Ron Paul Returns Unused Portion of Office Budget to US Treasury

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/14589-rand-paul-returns-$600000-from-office-budget-to-us-treasury

Ron DeSantis proposes congressional pay cut -- FCW

"Representative Scott Rigell, Republican of Virginia, also pushed for the provision. His estimated net worth is as high as $52 million, and he returns 15 percent of his Congressional paycheck each year."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/u...ny-lawmakers-would-feel-little-pain.html?_r=0

Last edited:
If Obama had not come up with the sequester and then threatened to veto any legislation that crossed his desk that would have stopped the cuts from happening there would be no need for the 5% give up which might cover a tank of gas which has tripled in price since Obama took office in 2009.

Yes it was and by the November 2008 election it was under $2.00 a gallon since Obama was sworn in gas has not been back that low and has consistently been at $3.00 dollars plus a gallon.

And whose fault was that?

Wait for it...

I guess the OP is a full blown Republican fan now... Or is this another "it's different" because it's Obama, giving Obama more credit for giving far less than others.... like faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less.

So Obama and Kerry are giving 5%of their government salaries so they are taking 5% of they money they get from the taxpayers since all government salaries come from the taxpayers and giving it to a charity that benefits government employees. So basically they are taking from the people to give to the government not exactly a new concept for either man.

Forum List

Back