I Googled "Repub gives up 5% of salary

Whatever happened to the Democrat talking point about cutting government salaries is nothing more than a drop in the bucket and not worth the time?

This is nothing but a distraction, and since I already posted a red ball from you tube, I wondered if I could create a better version.

Customized just for the Democrats.

shinyredball.gif

So that's Kerry, Obama and who else?

I think it's a shame that only a handful (less than 5) are willing to give up anything and mock the ones that are taking action

Look at this math, please.

5 is more than 0.

5% is more than 0%.

Thank you.

He gives 5% they'll say it shoulda been some other percentage. They don't know what percentage but it should just be something other than what Obama did...no matter what it is.

Actually, this thread was started by a leftie that wanted to criticize the right for not giving up 5% of their salary (ignoring the fact that Obama and Kerry make so much in other investments that their salary means nothing). Then, when a few republicans were pointed out as giving up 100% that was totally ignored.

You are being outright dishonest. The truth is that 5% doesn’t matter. No one really cares that Obama is willing to cut a paltry 20K out of an income well over 1 million and trying to make the republicans look bad because they have not followed Obama’s asinine move is asinine.

5 is more than 0.

5% is more than 0%.

Thank you.

He gives 5% they'll say it shoulda been some other percentage. They don't know what percentage but it should just be something other than what Obama did...no matter what it is.

Actually, this thread was started by a leftie that wanted to criticize the right for not giving up 5% of their salary (ignoring the fact that Obama and Kerry make so much in other investments that their salary means nothing).

Making money doesn't negate the fact that he's giving up some money.

Obama: "Here have $5" *poof* it disappears because he makes money.

So that's Kerry, Obama and who else?

I think it's a shame that only a handful (less than 5) are willing to give up anything and mock the ones that are taking action

5 is more than 0.

5% is more than 0%.

Thank you.

Since you're here AND talking shit

Google "Republican donates 20%"

Lemme know what ya find.....mmmmkay?

:eusa_hand:

Because only an idiot would search on the string 'republican gives up 5% of salary'. You don't know how to google worth crap.

Ron Paul Returns Unused Portion of Office Budget to US Treasury

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/14589-rand-paul-returns-$600000-from-office-budget-to-us-treasury

Ron DeSantis proposes congressional pay cut -- FCW

"Representative Scott Rigell, Republican of Virginia, also pushed for the provision. His estimated net worth is as high as $52 million, and he returns 15 percent of his Congressional paycheck each year."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/u...ny-lawmakers-would-feel-little-pain.html?_r=0

You got nothing! You go all the way back to 2011 and show a donation from Ron Paul. Then you post a couple links about withholding congressional salaries. You ain't too sharp, are you son?

5 is more than 0.

5% is more than 0%.

Thank you.

Actually, this thread was started by a leftie that wanted to criticize the right for not giving up 5% of their salary (ignoring the fact that Obama and Kerry make so much in other investments that their salary means nothing). Then, when a few republicans were pointed out as giving up 100% that was totally ignored.

You are being outright dishonest. The truth is that 5% doesn’t matter. No one really cares that Obama is willing to cut a paltry 20K out of an income well over 1 million and trying to make the republicans look bad because they have not followed Obama’s asinine move is asinine.

and where are the repubs? silence..........crickets.......

Sen. Graham donates 20 percent of his pay to show support for furloughed workers » Anderson Independent Mail

The Senator is not alone, the Pentagon on Tuesday announced that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will also follow suit by writing a check to the Treasury. Sens. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., Mark Begich, D-Alaska, Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., have also indicated that they will give extra to charity or give back to the Treasury.

:eusa_whistle:

I applaud Sen. Graham and Defense Secretary Hagel! :clap2:

I hope more do the same!

Sen. Graham donates 20 percent of his pay to show support for furloughed workers » Anderson Independent Mail

The Senator is not alone, the Pentagon on Tuesday announced that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will also follow suit by writing a check to the Treasury. Sens. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., Mark Begich, D-Alaska, Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., have also indicated that they will give extra to charity or give back to the Treasury.

BRAVO! About time...

BRAVO! About time...

And I say this about the republicans, too:

It's all political posturing and doesn't really amount to much.
They're all already worth scads of money and they'll just take a write off for this

Because only an idiot would search on the string 'republican gives up 5% of salary'. You don't know how to google worth crap.

Ron Paul Returns Unused Portion of Office Budget to US Treasury

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/14589-rand-paul-returns-$600000-from-office-budget-to-us-treasury

Ron DeSantis proposes congressional pay cut -- FCW

"Representative Scott Rigell, Republican of Virginia, also pushed for the provision. His estimated net worth is as high as $52 million, and he returns 15 percent of his Congressional paycheck each year."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/u...ny-lawmakers-would-feel-little-pain.html?_r=0

You got nothing! You go all the way back to 2011 and show a donation from Ron Paul. Then you post a couple links about withholding congressional salaries. You ain't too sharp, are you son?

One link is from 2011, the rest (3) are from 2013. Don't read very well, do you?

One link was just to show that one Republican gives 15%, not simply 5% back of his salary, but you selectively ignored that.

The fact is that your ignorance is obvious because you fail to look beyond what you want to see. That's not my problem it's yours.

You aren't old enough to call me son.

Forum List

Back