I Hate Walmarts

another supporter of child slave labor
I had no idea that Coca Cola, Land-o-Lakes, and Purina used child labor. Link?

you know what the reference was to... child slave labor in china where walmart brings their goods in from.
Of course I do. But idiots assume things that have no basis in truth. The only things I purchase at Walmart are butter, Coke, and Dog Chow.

Idiots assume way too much and make fools of themselves.

you know what the reference was to... child slave labor in china where walmart brings their goods in from.
Of course I do. But idiots assume things that have no basis in truth. The only things I purchase at Walmart are butter, Coke, and Dog Chow.

i think the point, though, is shopping there encourages them.

i personally have mixed feelings about walmart... on one hand, i love those kinds of stores... on the other, walmart drives out local business, drives down wages, undercuts other businesses by bringing in cheap goods from china etc...

I think there's room for discussing what's responsible in the case of things like this.

i personally have mixed feelings about walmart... on one hand, i love those kinds of stores... on the other, walmart drives out local business, drives down wages, undercuts other businesses by bringing in cheap goods from china etc...

I think there's room for discussing what's responsible in the case of things like this.

I shop at Macy's, Bloomies, etc. They sell nice eastern carpets there.

I shop at Home Despot (not a typo). They also sell products made from child labor.

I shop at Safeway. They sell Costa Rican pineapples, often harvested by children.

Etc.

In this smaller world economy, it is next to impossible to avoid patronizing a business that does not carry such products. The best I do is not purchase that particular product. For example, I do not own and will not own a pair of Nike shoes. I know Dick's Sporting Goods carries those, but I still shop at Dick's.

Last edited:

I won't buy pet food at Wal Mart here. Not only is it more expensive than the area grocery stores, but the last time I picked it up there anyway it was infested. I won't buy anything there that requires refrigeration either. It doesn't matter how cheap it is if you bring it home and can't use it because it's gone bad, and that's happened way too many times.

Perhaps we just have a really sucky Wal Mart, but I've been to several throughout the country in different places I've lived and roamed. Unless they're new, within the first 2 years or so of opening, I've had pretty similar experiences although the local one here is the worst on a sliding scale of bad to ugly. Not sure why.

gee maddie i am not a christian...when they wish me merry christmas....if its before the solstice...i wish them a happy winter solstice....if after the solstice....i normally say...merry christmas right back to them...they arent trying to convert ya....just wishing you a happy holidays...i work with jw's ..they simply say thank you when you wish them a merry christmas...

i think i am lucky to be around a diverse group

I shop at Macy's, Bloomies, etc. They sell nice eastern carpets there.

I shop at Home Despot (not a typo). They also sell products made from child labor.

I shop at Safeway. They sell Costa Rican pineapples, often harvested by children.

Etc.

In this smaller world economy, it is next to impossible to avoid patronizing a business that does not carry such products.

but walmarts has them manufactured FOR them. walmart also forces local manufacturers to reduce prices so drastically that it forces down wages just to stay profitable. walmart is also the second largest employer in the country after the government.

plus, bloomies (which I love) and macy's, safeway, etc, don't destroy the character of neighborhoods and drive down wages like walmart.

and, honestly, maybe we should think about forcing businesses to operate without selling goods produced by questionable labor... .like they're starting to do with chocolate.

chanel do you ever wonder how many people would be employeed without that walmart...or how many jobs were destroyed by that walmart? i would be curious of those figures

but again its what you opt to do...just like buying meat...you can if you want ...or you can avoid it...i dont mind going to a couple of different places to shop

gee maddie i am not a christian...when they wish me merry christmas....if its before the solstice...i wish them a happy winter solstice....if after the solstice....i normally say...merry christmas right back to them...they arent trying to convert ya....just wishing you a happy holidays...i work with jw's ..they simply say thank you when you wish them a merry christmas...

What can I say, bones? I am happy and upbeat when I reply and so far, no one has asked me to explain why presuming everyone celebrates Xmas is offensive......LOL. It isn't as if I buttonhole some poor waiter and talk his ear off about the Chinese New Year, yanno.

What can I say, bones? I am happy and upbeat when I reply and so far, no one has asked me to explain why presuming everyone celebrates Xmas is offensive......LOL. It isn't as if I buttonhole some poor waiter and talk his ear off about the Chinese New Year, yanno.

What no answer to my response to that little outburst ? :eusa_whistle:

"Little outburst?" Her "outbursts" are not big and blue enough for you? :eek: :lol:

"Little outburst?" Her "outbursts" are not big and blue enough for you? :eek: :lol:

Well im not going to throw stones at blue ya know:lol: Big i can fix. Control and - works like a charm!

:lol::lol::lol:

other that that ill just smack her around a bit.

image022.jpg

WTF?????

LMAO!

Forum List

Back