I have a question for the whole forum

There really is,,none.....
Incorrect, there are three.
He said he already knew about the three, soo no need to reiterate
Well I'm asking because it seems to Me that far to many people (electors mainly) are making some kind of nonsensical argument that Trump is unqualified. If they plan on altering a legal election on this basis, I want to know what they base their somewhat dubious claim upon.

There is no Constitutional requirement that electors vote for any candidate. Electors could decide not to vote for Trump because they don't like the color of his hair- AND it would be constitutional.

That being said- I don't think that electors should do that. Our system is predicated on the electoral system working. The electoral voters should not change their votes just because they think Trump would be a horrible President.
In fact, I think there are 21 States that have laws that require electors to vote based upon the winner of the general election.

However, I'm not talking about their faithlessness when casting a vote. I am taking about them, and others who support the notion, to justify their stance that Trump is unqualified.

There are 30 actually, and two of them do not use a winner-take-all system, but out of those 30 the vast majority don't prescribe any penalty, and none have ever enforced such a law anyway.

As for why Rump is unqualified, clearly there's a large menu to choose from, such as never having held a job in his life, being a self-absorbed Narcissist, and having directly threatened the Constitution itself multiple times in multiple ways, but per the Founders' intents in constructing the electoral college, two of the biggest factors as articulated by the Founders are (1) the people being swept on a wave of emotion by a con artist, and (2) a popular electee who has ties to a foreign government. Either or any of those would suffice but that is by no means an exhaustive list.

Trump, IMO, kicked Hillary's ass in the election because he was the best man for the job.

I keep hearing this "Trump is unqualified" to be president.

So, can any of you name the qualifications (as determined by the Constitution) to be elected President?

I'm talking about the legal language, not your personal opinions nor your personal feelings.

As I understand it, there are only three qualifications for being Elected President.

So have at it. Impress all your friends with the right answer.
There really is,,none.....
Incorrect, there are three.
He said he already knew about the three, soo no need to reiterate
Well I'm asking because it seems to Me that far to many people (electors mainly) are making some kind of nonsensical argument that Trump is unqualified. If they plan on altering a legal election on this basis, I want to know what they base their somewhat dubious claim upon.

There is no Constitutional requirement that electors vote for any candidate. Electors could decide not to vote for Trump because they don't like the color of his hair- AND it would be constitutional.

That being said- I don't think that electors should do that. Our system is predicated on the electoral system working. The electoral voters should not change their votes just because they think Trump would be a horrible President.

Actually that's why they exist --as a deliberative body. There really is nothing to "change" before they vote.
No, they shouldn't do it because of the color of his hair. Maybe the orange color of his skin....

In fact, Hillary Clinton IS qualified to be elected President.

Other than Constitutionally Qualified? I seriously doubt she is qualified for anything other than lying.
That is the whole point of the thread. There are ONLY three qualifications to be elected. It has nothing to do with personal beliefs or who someone would or would not vote for.

You seem to continuously conflate "qualifications" with "eligibility". The Constitution only mentions the latter. That's all it can do.

These were definitely the two absolute worst of the bottom feeders candidates I've ever seen in my 79 years on this earth. Why is it nobody decent gets nominated?

So, can any of you name the qualifications (as determined by the Constitution) to be elected President?

I'm talking about the legal language, not your personal opinions nor your personal feelings.

As I understand it, there are only three qualifications for being Elected President.

How do you survive with so much arrogance erupting out of your ass?

Donald Trump clearly meets the eligibility requirements just like President Obama.

That doesn't mean that either is automatically 'qualified' to be President.
Under what criteria, other than the Constitution, does qualified apply?

If you have a medical license you are legally eligible to perform brain surgery- but it doesn't mean you are actually qualified.

I answered your question- Trump- like Obama was when he was elected- meets all of the eligibility requirements to be President.

Meeting the eligiblity requirements does not mean either is necessarily qualified to do the job.
I don't believe anyone elected has ever been qualified to be President, but most, with the exception of barack obama, Jimmy Carter and bill clinton have learned the job through on the job training.

These were definitely the two absolute worst of the bottom feeders candidates I've ever seen in my 79 years on this earth. Why is it nobody decent gets nominated?
Because we are too far gone with the cult of personality.

In this day and age, everything is a 'trigger', which to Me is code for emotionally unstable.

Donald Trump clearly meets the eligibility requirements just like President Obama.

That doesn't mean that either is automatically 'qualified' to be President.
Under what criteria, other than the Constitution, does qualified apply?

If you have a medical license you are legally eligible to perform brain surgery- but it doesn't mean you are actually qualified.

I answered your question- Trump- like Obama was when he was elected- meets all of the eligibility requirements to be President.

Meeting the eligiblity requirements does not mean either is necessarily qualified to do the job.
I don't believe anyone elected has ever been qualified to be President, but most, with the exception of barack obama, Jimmy Carter and bill clinton have learned the job through on the job training.
This is strange. Do you think that we should not have a citizen government?

Why is it the new is being filthy rich? Poor working class ololkj votng or them...the electorate is dumb.

Because we are too far gone with the cult of personality.

In this day and age, everything is a 'trigger', which to Me is code for emotionally unstable.

^^ capitalizes every reference to Himself and then wants to talk "emotionally unstable" :lol:

Yes, as a matter of fact, I can. Donald Trump exhibits all the classic signs of having a full blown case of narcissistic personality disorder. This disorder is the disorder of unthinking tyrants for thousands of years.. All the way from the petty tyrant in your office or social club, up to national or even world leaders. It's the reason he keeps going out as if he is still on campaign: he has become addicted to basking in the oohs and aaahs of his adoring crowds. He has forgotten the important of Office he just won and instead is fixated on the admiration part of it to such a degree that he can't even let go of the campaign's crowd-phenomenon. It is a very serious disorder and it hampers the judgment of the afflicted to such a degree that they really don't even know what they want from day to day, other than the certainty of being seen as admirable, smart and "the best" at everything. So much so that they certainly are smarter than any of their advisors...hence his not taking briefings..

Since the POTUS is also one and the same, the Commander in Chief, if he is not mentally fit to be enlisted as a recruit, he is not legally fit to serve as the absolute top officer in the US Military.

If a general even, was behaving erratically, saying the types of things Trump has said and doing the types of things Trump has done; he would be stripped of his service faster than you could say "boo".

Lets see a copy of your license to practice psyc if you are going to make statements in a post like that, I think you need to look to the last eight years to find the potus that fits your diagnosis. AND I don't have a license but Id did take 4 years of Psyc in college.

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
(Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.) << This is the difference in the current occupant and most liberal shit, and Trump. That is why he is a winner and liberals have to steal and lie about everything they do and are still loosers..

I meant the poor working class barely scraping by voting and believing in some uber wealthy person is going to do anything that might help them. Yes that's dumb.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I can. Donald Trump exhibits all the classic signs of having a full blown case of narcissistic personality disorder. This disorder is the disorder of unthinking tyrants for thousands of years.. All the way from the petty tyrant in your office or social club, up to national or even world leaders. It's the reason he keeps going out as if he is still on campaign: he has become addicted to basking in the oohs and aaahs of his adoring crowds. He has forgotten the important of Office he just won and instead is fixated on the admiration part of it to such a degree that he can't even let go of the campaign's crowd-phenomenon. It is a very serious disorder and it hampers the judgment of the afflicted to such a degree that they really don't even know what they want from day to day, other than the certainty of being seen as admirable, smart and "the best" at everything. So much so that they certainly are smarter than any of their advisors...hence his not taking briefings..

Since the POTUS is also one and the same, the Commander in Chief, if he is not mentally fit to be enlisted as a recruit, he is not legally fit to serve as the absolute top officer in the US Military.

If a general even, was behaving erratically, saying the types of things Trump has said and doing the types of things Trump has done; he would be stripped of his service faster than you could say "boo".
Anyone who thinks he is qualified to be POTUS is narcissistic by definition. barack obama is among the worst offenders ever.

Forum List

Back