🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I have a question for the whole forum

I keep hearing this "Trump is unqualified" to be president.

So, can any of you name the qualifications (as determined by the Constitution) to be elected President?

I'm talking about the legal language, not your personal opinions nor your personal feelings.

As I understand it, there are only three qualifications for being Elected President.

So have at it. Impress all your friends with the right answer.
There really is,,none.....
Incorrect, there are three.
He said he already knew about the three, soo no need to reiterate
Well I'm asking because it seems to Me that far to many people (electors mainly) are making some kind of nonsensical argument that Trump is unqualified. If they plan on altering a legal election on this basis, I want to know what they base their somewhat dubious claim upon.
The 20th amendment, section 3, I believe..
Yes, but it does not name any other qualifications in addition to the stated qualifications of the Constitution. Only that should a President elect fail to qualify. It indirectly speaks to the three qualifications.

Seems like one has to uber wealthy and have a hatred for the middle class. Therefore both Hillary and Donnie were very qualified. If either ever needed my help....I'd tell them to kiss off. Neither is deserving of my vote and neither got it. Neither is going to help america. Guaranteed.

Well I'm asking because it seems to Me that far to many people (electors mainly) are making some kind of nonsensical argument that Trump is unqualified. If they plan on altering a legal election on this basis, I want to know what they base their somewhat dubious claim upon.
Good Lord! The LWers have been bitching and whining for over a month now. They'll keep doing it after Trump's inauguration and until a Democrat is back in the WH....which could take 4-16 years. Even then, like with Bush, they'll bitch for the entire term of the next Democrat President. Basically, they just like to bitch. I wouldn't worry about them.
I'm not. But I do like to put some truth out there when they get to "a lyin" as they often do. When talking qualified, I like to be sure everyone understands what "qualified' means legally. Personal opinions don't matter.

Seems like one has to uber wealthy and have a hatred for the middle class. Therefore both Hillary and Donnie were very qualified. If either ever needed my help....I'd tell them to kiss off. Neither is deserving of my vote and neither got it. Neither is going to help america. Guaranteed.
This would be wrong, and not really germane to the question. Your belief with regard to YOUR vote doesn't matter.

Then again I took my flag down about 30 years ago and haven't flown it since. Had a lot better things to do.

So, can any of you name the qualifications (as determined by the Constitution) to be elected President?

I'm talking about the legal language, not your personal opinions nor your personal feelings.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I can. Donald Trump exhibits all the classic signs of having a full blown case of narcissistic personality disorder. This disorder is the disorder of unthinking tyrants for thousands of years.. All the way from the petty tyrant in your office or social club, up to national or even world leaders. It's the reason he keeps going out as if he is still on campaign: he has become addicted to basking in the oohs and aaahs of his adoring crowds. He has forgotten the important of Office he just won and instead is fixated on the admiration part of it to such a degree that he can't even let go of the campaign's crowd-phenomenon. It is a very serious disorder and it hampers the judgment of the afflicted to such a degree that they really don't even know what they want from day to day, other than the certainty of being seen as admirable, smart and "the best" at everything. So much so that they certainly are smarter than any of their advisors...hence his not taking briefings..

Since the POTUS is also one and the same, the Commander in Chief, if he is not mentally fit to be enlisted as a recruit, he is not legally fit to serve as the absolute top officer in the US Military.

If a general even, was behaving erratically, saying the types of things Trump has said and doing the types of things Trump has done; he would be stripped of his service faster than you could say "boo".

There really is,,none.....
Incorrect, there are three.
He said he already knew about the three, soo no need to reiterate
The 20th amendment, section 3, I believe..
Yes, but it does not name any other qualifications in addition to the stated qualifications of the Constitution. Only that should a President elect fail to qualify. It indirectly speaks to the three qualifications.
Yes, but some people have perceived a different definition....And are desperate to usurp the election process because of their chauvinistic attachment to Hillary and the DNC.. ...

As I understand it, there are only three qualifications for being Elected President.

So have at it. Impress all your friends with the right answer.

Donald Trump clearly meets the eligibility requirements just like President Obama.

That doesn't mean that either is automatically 'qualified' to be President.
Under what criteria, other than the Constitution, does qualified apply?

If you have a medical license you are legally eligible to perform brain surgery- but it doesn't mean you are actually qualified.

I answered your question- Trump- like Obama was when he was elected- meets all of the eligibility requirements to be President.

Meeting the eligiblity requirements does not mean either is necessarily qualified to do the job.
Meeting the eligiblity requirements does not mean either is necessarily qualified to do the job.
When is the last time we had a 'qualified' candidate?

.....Since the POTUS is also one and the same, the Commander in Chief, if he is not mentally fit to be enlisted as a recruit, he is not legally fit to serve as the absolute top officer in the US Military......
Who do you think the last qualified one was?

IMO, it was GHW Bush.

In fact, Hillary Clinton IS qualified to be elected President.

Other than Constitutionally Qualified? I seriously doubt she is qualified for anything other than lying.
That is the whole point of the thread. There are ONLY three qualifications to be elected. It has nothing to do with personal beliefs or who someone would or would not vote for.

Trump is an American citizen over 35 years of age, and he hasn't served as President for two terms. Plus, he won a free election.

Now That Is Qualified.

Forum List

Back