I Have Another Issue With The Catholic Doctrine

I'm honestly amazed that this is even up for debate. It should be obvious that NO person above the age of accountability is sinless. No one except for God.

If the Catholic church teaches that Mary is sinless, then that one teaching in and of itself should be enough for any Catholic who values truth and sound doctrine to find another church. (There are numerous other reasons as well, but that's another topic.)

So was Mary's egg fertilized by the Holy Spirit or was it more like an implant? Pardon the terminology, but I am asking a serious question about Catholic/Christian doctrine.

No one born Mortal was sinless.
So when do mortals begin their sinful paths exactly ?

I got my first boner seeing Catwoman on Batman when I was 7 . Was that a sin or just evidence of not being gay ?
1646528079784.png

I'm honestly amazed that this is even up for debate. It should be obvious that NO person above the age of accountability is sinless. No one except for God.

If the Catholic church teaches that Mary is sinless, then that one teaching in and of itself should be enough for any Catholic who values truth and sound doctrine to find another church. (There are numerous other reasons as well, but that's another topic.)

Do you believe Jesus was fully human? If so then how do you believe he was sinless if scripture says no man is sinless?

Do you believe Jesus was fully human? If so then how do you believe he was sinless if scripture says no man is sinless?

Didn't they sacrifice children back then ?
Were those children sinners ? No.

Yes, Jesus was fully human, but unlike any other human being, Jesus was / is also God. So Jesus is both God and man. And throughout the Bible we're told that Jesus (the Messiah) is sinless, he was the spotless lamb of God. I mean that's kind of the whole point of the Gospel, that Jesus did for us what we can't do for ourselves… No regular human being can achieve God's standard of perfection all the time. That's why everyone needs reconciliation with God, and salvation.

Sure. Why not? I've studied all of the religions. I have never once gotten cooties.

Whatever floats your boat then.

So was Mary's egg fertilized by the Holy Spirit

Yes.

You married a doctor,

No I didn't lol :badgrin:

Because as buttercup said He is and was also fully God.

What about regular animals ?

No, but it doesn't matter because God doesn't hold animals to His standard of perfection. My view (based on what I personally believe and also the bible) is that animals are innocent... kind of in the same way that babies or young children are innocent. That doesn't mean that animals don't do bad things. But there's a reason why some animals are the way they are. Without getting into a lengthy off-topic discussion, I'll just say that this is a "fallen world" and that's because of what humans did, along with the spiritual enemy of God. It wasn't the animals' fault. But when sin came into the world it affected not only mankind, but all of creation, including the animal kingdom.

I'm curious to know, why do you ask?

No, but it doesn't matter because God doesn't hold animals to His standard of perfection. My view (based on what I personally believe and also the bible) is that animals are innocent... kind of in the same way that babies or young children are innocent. That doesn't mean that animals don't do bad things. But there's a reason why some animals are the way they are. Without getting into a lengthy off-topic discussion, I'll just say that this is a "fallen world" and that's because of what humans did, along with the spiritual enemy of God. It wasn't the animals' fault. But when sin came into the world it affected not only mankind, but all of creation, including the animal kingdom.

I'm curious to know, why do you ask?
I agree 100 %. Just trying to lighten things up.

Whatever floats your boat then.

Yes.

No I didn't lol :badgrin:

Because as buttercup said He is and was also fully God.

Right Jesus was fully man and was without sin because he was also fully God, where as Mary was sinless because she was graced by God. You wanted to know why Catholics believe Mary as sinless, if you didn't read the link I'll post another one. If you have any further questions let me know which part of the teaching you don't understand.

I've always had an issue with Mary being sinless because then Christ's sacrifice on the cross would have been pointless, but nowhere in the Bible does it say that she was taken into Heaven both body and soul like Jesus was.

It never says many things Catholics believe about her. Mary was not sinless before she was pg with Jesus. She was not taken bodily into heaven. And there is no reason to believe that she wasn't a real wife to Joseph after Jesus was born, since Jesus had real brothers and sisters.

We can admire Mary for many reasons, but worshipping her is wrong. And so is praying to her. It is idolatry.

Right Jesus was fully man and was without sin because he was also fully God, where as Mary was sinless because she was graced by God. You wanted to know why Catholics believe Mary as sinless, if you didn't read the link I'll post another one. If you have any further questions let me know which part of the teaching you don't understand.

I repeat, I also feel like I have been graced by God, but I'm not sinless though.

I repeat, I also feel like I have been graced by God, but I'm not sinless though.
I understand. I do have a question. Within that part of pure grace, is there sin--or is sin simply part and parcel of the other parts of the whole?

For example, I too feel there have been times I have been graced by God. Yet in those moments, there was no sin as those moments were outside of sin. Doesn't mean when the moments passed I was able to continue being outside of sin. Just wondering if something similar is in your background?

I understand. I do have a question. Within that part of pure grace, is there sin--or is sin simply part and parcel of the other parts of the whole?

For example, I too feel there have been times I have been graced by God. Yet in those moments, there was no sin as those moments were outside of sin. Doesn't mean when the moments passed I was able to continue being outside of sin. Just wondering if something similar is in your background?

Honestly,.. I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I've always had an issue with Mary being sinless because then Christ's sacrifice on the cross would have been pointless, but nowhere in the Bible does it say that she was taken into Heaven both body and soul like Jesus was.
How the heck could Mary not be sinless if Jesus was born sinless?

Biology escape you?

Forum List

Back