I Just Watched The Young Messiah

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I just finished watching this movie and I must say that although this movie is fiction, it did a pretty good job with being at least ninety percent of what Jesus' life as a child could have been like. We all know that He didn't perform miracles as a child, but He easily could have if He had wanted to or felt the need, and it is very possible that He didn't know who He truly was until He was old enough to handle it. All in all I'd give this film a seven and a half out of ten. If anybody else here has seen it, what do you guys think?

I just finished watching this movie and I must say that although this movie is fiction, it did a pretty good job with being at least ninety percent of what Jesus' life as a child could have been like. We all know that He didn't perform miracles as a child, but He easily could have if He had wanted to or felt the need, and it is very possible that He didn't know who He truly was until He was old enough to handle it. All in all I'd give this film a seven and a half out of ten. If anybody else here has seen it, what do you guys think?

I was wondering why you'd be interested in watching this movie:
Judas and the Black Messiah (2021) - IMDb

Time for me to say goodnight SMH

Other than faith, how do you know that?

Because it says that in the Bible. Well, it's His first public and recorded miracle anyways. I guess He could have performed miracles as a child, but you would think that they would be written down if He had.

I love thinking about Jesus' childhood--and about Mary. What a remarkable young woman.

I would watch this easily and enjoy it. Not sure if Jesus, being fully God and fully man from the beginning, would ever have had a time when He didn't know who He was. That's interesting to ponder. I'm thinking He did, only because His connection to God was so strong. But then, being fully human, He had to learn SOME things I would think--or put another way, I don't perceive that He was born having all the knowledge of God, because that is definitely not human. I'm just thinking being able to read and do high math at the age of, say, 18 months. I'm guessing He learned those things, as we do.

I'm rambling--sorry. Just fascinating to ponder. :)

OH and one more thing, Dr. Wife. I think you would really enjoy the book "Two from Galilee" By Marjorie Holmes. The book has been out for decades but it's SUCH an amazing, fictionalized account of the love story between Joseph and Mary, how their world was both rocked, etc. I read it many times over when I was younger.

ETA: I say "when I was younger" meaning pre-job and pre-kids...when I had time to read and RE read books. Sigh. Maybe again in retirement!

Saw it. Interesting and well-done.

OH and one more thing, Dr. Wife. I think you would really enjoy the book "Two from Galilee" By Marjorie Holmes. The book has been out for decades but it's SUCH an amazing, fictionalized account of the love story between Joseph and Mary, how their world was both rocked, etc. I read it many times over when I was younger.

ETA: I say "when I was younger" meaning pre-job and pre-kids...when I had time to read and RE read books. Sigh. Maybe again in retirement!
That's a great book and would make a great movie.

I would watch this easily and enjoy it. Not sure if Jesus, being fully God and fully man from the beginning, would ever have had a time when He didn't know who He was. That's interesting to ponder. I'm thinking He did, only because His connection to God was so strong. But then, being fully human, He had to learn SOME things I would think--or put another way, I don't perceive that He was born having all the knowledge of God, because that is definitely not human. I'm just thinking being able to read and do high math at the age of, say, 18 months. I'm guessing He learned those things, as we do.

Considering the Bible says that He grew in wisdom I don't think He already knew everything and I think He went to school too. The controversy comes in when I say He still had to be taught right from wrong before He could always choose to right.

So I believe that there were times when He was told no just like other children, the only difference is He always listened and obeyed afterwards. Just like when babies and toddlers grab something from somebody, they don't know it's wrong and considered stealing until somebody teaches them that so I don't consider it sinful behavior. I think it's only considered sinful when you know that it's wrong but you do it anyways. Just in my personal opinion anyways.

Forum List

Back