I know Democrats won't take this seriously, but...

This goes to something I mentioned earlier in this thread, and it's an issue I have with both ends of the spectrum: I don't understand politics because I don't understand the associated behaviors, the constant all-or-nothing tactics used to push an agenda, with NO regards to their potential downside.

I don't disagree with anything you said. The Right has its full share of ignorant, paranoid bigotry, and Trumpism has brought it completely out of the closet (pun perhaps intended). But the Left has made its own huge mistakes. It has weaponized PC and Identity Politics so that it's not just about "caring", it's about attacking and punishing and intimidating and ruining anyone who crosses some line. That flies right in the face of freedom of expression, and it's wrong. It's damn sure not liberal.

It's just human nature -- being attacked will increase resentments and pushback. No doubt. And if the Left is okay with that, fine. But let's not pretend that the net result is some kind of improvement, because we know it isn't. I want to fix problems, I want to see improvements. Weaponized PC/Identity Politics fails at that.
You don't understand politics because you think people decide whether or not to stand up against bigots based on politics. Perhaps just you do.

The state legislature
The state legislatures in each state individually get to decide? So voting would or could be unequal in each state, for citizens voting for our president....and to also note that heavily gerrymandered state legislatures no longer represent the citizens in the state...

And what about, "No taxation, without representation?"

Sorry, that is not a Democratic/Constitutional Republic, where the government representation is chosen by the people.... your suggestive way becomes the government representatives choosing the voters....not the voters choosing them imo.

He endorsed the squad for the same reason. They hate Jews.

If you don’t like it. Stop supporting racists.
You are the only one who supports racists. There are a thousand racist Republicans to one racist Democrat.

The Democrats control the Muslim anti Jews in their Congress.

The Republicans run amuck with their hatred of Jews.

MTG is a great example of Republican Religious extremists who should not ever have been voted into Congress.

Then who do you feel tries to push their agenda into a school and into a learning environment more? Is it the religious right or is the the progressive left?
That's up to the school/school district, and it's the right of parents to object.

I wouldn't want a Christian group coming in with Bibles, either.

I wouldn't want an immigration group coming in with a busload of illegals, either.

There's nothing unreasonable about wanting to wait on some topics until the child reaches 18, so that they can decide for themselves.

In your imagination I Googled two towns near each other in Jamaica to carry on a lie that I'm black, chinese and indian. Again, why wouldn't I just say I'm Black American like Republicans do? 😄

You're an imaginative liar. You've probably been perfecting your story online for years. Don't worry, a lot of sad incels like you cosplay online as all kinds of things. You have a community.

You are the one forgetting about equal right.
No, I'm not. That's what motivates me in these discussions. Because we're abandoning equal rights in favor of "equity" and state assigned privilege. I think we'll regret it.
Getting the same rights as others is not identity politics
Indeed, it's not. That's what I'm saying. Equal rights means everyone follows the same laws. It doesn't everyone gets cake.

The left is pursuing identity politics, NOT equal rights.

No, I'm not. That's what motivates me in these discussions. Because we're abandoning equal rights in favor of "equity" and state assigned privilege. I think we'll regret it.

Indeed, it's not. That's what I'm saying. Equal rights means everyone follows the same laws. It doesn't everyone gets cake.

The left is pursuing identity politics, NOT equal rights.
Don’t kid yourself

The right engages in identity politics too

Scapegoating immigrants, minorities, gays and the poor

OK

They were denied housing, fired from their jobs, denied the right to marry or adopt children.

When is 1694? You Dims always talk about shit from 300 hundred years ago like it's today. So again, in 2023, what rights are denied to gays or trannies that the rest of us have? Thanks. :thup:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back