I like Jesus Christ but I don't like church

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I actually like the words of jesus christ and it seems that this was a very nice man but I don't like church. It just seems like religious people are kind of judgemental sometimes. They dress up in their sunday suits as if dressing up makes someone morally pure. Would it kill any of them to admit they swear at traffic sometimes just like everyone else?

I actually like the words of jesus christ and it seems that this was a very nice man but I don't like church. It just seems like religious people are kind of judgemental sometimes. They dress up in their sunday suits as if dressing up makes someone morally pure. Would it kill any of them to admit they swear at traffic sometimes just like everyone else?

First time I have ever agreed with you.

Well, you have a problem then, because the church is Christ. All the people who make up the church are the body of Christ. If you were invited to the White House for a state dinner, would you "dress up"? When you go to Mass and receive Jesus in communion, don't you dress respectively? 1Timothy 3,15 says the church is the pillar and foundation of all truth. Not the bible as many believe. The church didn't organize sacred scripture into book form (the bible) until around the year 500 AD. If you love Christ, you will love His church, the bride of Christ. Christ only has one bride. The church that claims Christ as their spouse, would have to be the church He instituted while here on earth, the Catholic church. It's a beautiful church, try it, you will like it. It's full of LOVE.

You are definitely on the right track if you follow the teachings of Jesus. Believing in him becoming his disciple is what he would want you to do. By doing this you set your foundation on solid ground.

Matthew 7:24-27
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Helaman 5:12
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

I'd like to get back into the habit of attending Mass. Roman Catholics don't "go to Church", they congregate to witness the Sacrifice of the Mass. I'm not at all versed in the Bible, and don't feel that Jesus has anything to offer me. I do, however, put my faith and belief in Jesus's Mother.

It's all for naught anyway. My ex told me a long time ago that I'm going to hell. :lol:

Many of the churches are no longer preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I do not know that the mega churches ever did. Still, we are not to forsake assembling together to pray, worship the LORD and hear the Word of God. I would suggest a home church. The early church met in each others homes. You could meet daily with Believers you know and have church. Where two or more are gathered in His Name (Jesus Christ) He is there in the midst. God inhabits the praises of His people.

And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Hebrews 10:24,25

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew 18:20

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
Psalm 22:3

Last edited:

How very judgmental of you to say so.

Jesus is the One to look toward and trust, not humans. Jesus Himself was not "a nice man". He wasn't just a man. On Earth, He was God in the flesh, and in the Universe He is King, the Universe is His domain. This is serious; Jesus is alive, He is resurrected and God has given Him all things. I encourage you to accept His ownership of you.

I think that His Holiness the Dali Lama said it best..............................

"I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

Dogma screws everything up, because it's used to divide people into pure people and sinners, and every church is claiming to be the "right" one.

Anyone ever consider that God is too large to be contained in just one religion or dogma?

I think that His Holiness the Dali Lama said it best..............................

"I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

Dogma screws everything up, because it's used to divide people into pure people and sinners, and every church is claiming to be the "right" one.

Anyone ever consider that God is too large to be contained in just one religion or dogma?

Did you ever consider that the worlds religions don't agree on much of anything so they can't all be right?

Did you ever consider that the worlds religions don't agree on much of anything so they can't all be right?

Actually, most of the world's religions do agree on quite a bit................

They all believe there is some Higher Power, God or whatever you wish to call it, somewhere behind the scenes, watching how their creation turns out.

They all believe in some concept of Hell, and they all believe in some concept of Heaven.

They all believe that what we do in this life now, will determine what happens to us later.

They all have some form of rules that tells us how to treat our fellow man.

But, you're right.............many religions DO disagree, and that is because of the way they interpret their books, i.e. their dogma.

You like the Words of Jesus Christ? Good. Focus on Him instead of on what you assume is going on in other people's hearts.

Actually, most of the world's religions do agree on quite a bit................

They all believe there is some Higher Power, God or whatever you wish to call it, somewhere behind the scenes, watching how their creation turns out.

They all believe in some concept of Hell, and they all believe in some concept of Heaven.

They all believe that what we do in this life now, will determine what happens to us later.

They all have some form of rules that tells us how to treat our fellow man.

But, you're right.............many religions DO disagree, and that is because of the way they interpret their books, i.e. their dogma.

Jews don't believe in hell. Buddhists don't believe in hell.The religions that do believe in something like hell don't agree on what hell actually is. No religion agrees with another on who God really is. You don't know what you're talking about, in fact, I think you posted in a thread claiming that Christians don't agree on anything.

Forum List

Back