I listened to the voices of the 2/3 of Americans who didn't vote

Reactionary rhetoric? ? I listened to the damn thing.
You are pushing your version to help quell the masses. It might work for those that are progressives, or possibly some centrists if they didn't take the time to listen to it, but not to those of us on the right that actually listened to it.

He speaks out of both sides of his mouth, sometimes more subtly than others, but his anger got the best of him.
And he then proceeded to contradict all of that.
USMB nutters love to interpret things....but they never quite get there.

Did ALL of you miss the part where the POTUS accepted responsibility for the voter apathy that has become the hallmark of American elections?

"What stands out to me, though, is that the American people sent a message, one that they’ve sent for several elections now. They expect the people they elect to work as hard as they do. They expect us to focus on their ambitions and not ours. They want us to get the job done. All of us in both parties have a responsibility to address that sentiment.

Still, as president, I have a unique responsibility to try and make this town work. So, to everyone who voted, I want you to know that I hear you. To the two-thirds of voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday, I hear you, too."

Sometimes I think this POTUS leaves wiggle room for you nutjobs to guess what he means....just so the rest of us can marvel at your wild theories.

Nope. The man is a pragmatist. Pay close attention. Don't fall victim to reactionary rhetoric.

USMB nutters love to interpret things....but they never quite get there.

Did ALL of you miss the part where the POTUS accepted responsibility for the voter apathy that has become the hallmark of American elections?

"What stands out to me, though, is that the American people sent a message, one that they’ve sent for several elections now. They expect the people they elect to work as hard as they do. They expect us to focus on their ambitions and not ours. They want us to get the job done. All of us in both parties have a responsibility to address that sentiment.

Still, as president, I have a unique responsibility to try and make this town work. So, to everyone who voted, I want you to know that I hear you. To the two-thirds of voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday, I hear you, too."

Sometimes I think this POTUS leaves wiggle room for you nutjobs to guess what he means....just so the rest of us can marvel at your wild theories.

That's just so awesome. Of course, it leaves the question as to why he's waited until now to do so. Where has he been the last 6 years, the golf course? Oh, wait...

A politician who listens to the non voters and not the ones who vote is a fool.
Or the ones who don't listen to why people didn't vote. Don't worry, we will find out in the next presidential election. I suspect it will be very much like the last two.
Obama is going to veto bipartisan bills that are designed to improve private sector job creation, Reduce taxes, protect our borders and build our defenses. These are things the People want. Vetoing them will hurt the democratic candidate in 2016. Expect another thrashing in the next election.

Come on. Didn't you listen to Mitch? He said the first thing he was going to work on was reducing corporate taxes. Now, the insanely stupid would say, "Oh, but America has the highest corporate taxes in the world". But when you look at all the loopholes and what they actually pay, it's nowhere near the top and anyone with any sense knows that to be a fact.

Since business has never done better, why help those who don't need help. Because Republicans squat shit on America and now they have the chance to do it again.

Forum List

Back