I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

It seems to me the contraception 'debate' is simply one more effort to discredit the president.

Having children or not is a personal decision, not one to be decided by the government or a religious order.

Suggesting our government is becoming authoritarian/totalitarian etc. is foolish; look carefully at the power and control the various churches hold over their disciples.

This notion that Catholics from coast to coast will change their mind on voting for Obama because of this seems to be wishful thinking. Those who voted for him in 2010 knew quite well where he stands on abortion and contraception; plus there are plenty of "cafeteria Christians" running around out there.

Perhaps a palatable GOP candidate would be a better idea.

Anyone who voted for Obama in 2010 is beyond retarded. No doubt a few did, even sans election.

Nevertheless; this isn't about Obama supporting abortion, this is about Obama infringing the religious freedom of Catholics. He isn't holding different beliefs, he is imposing them on others.

It was political suicide. Delude yourself all you want, Obama is done.

This notion that Catholics from coast to coast will change their mind on voting for Obama because of this seems to be wishful thinking. Those who voted for him in 2010 knew quite well where he stands on abortion and contraception; plus there are plenty of "cafeteria Christians" running around out there.

Anyone who voted for Obama in 2010 is beyond retarded. No doubt a few did, even sans election.

Nevertheless; this isn't about Obama supporting abortion, this is about Obama infringing the religious freedom of Catholics. He isn't holding different beliefs, he is imposing them on others.

Voted for Obama in 2010? (Or do you mean voted Democrat in the Mid-terms)? :eusa_eh:

Dd you oppose the Muslim cultural center/mosque near ground zero?

It seems to me the contraception 'debate' is simply one more effort to discredit the president.

Having children or not is a personal decision, not one to be decided by the government or a religious order.

Suggesting our government is becoming authoritarian/totalitarian etc. is foolish; look carefully at the power and control the various churches hold over their disciples.

Yea, cuz he didn't invite the Arch Bishop to meet with him in the Oval Office several times while drafting the bill. He didn't guarantee the Church that it would not be forced to compromise on its doctrine. He didn't lie to the Arch Bishop. He didn't go back on his promise... it's all an evil plot by everyone because we 'hate' the black guy, right?

Dictating to the Church was coverage it must provide when that coverage is contrary to their religious doctrine is tyranny. It is why we have the First Amendment. Frankly, I am sick and tired of the left wing and their 'freedom for me but not for thee'.

Fucking idiot.

I did. I supported their right to build it. I questioned the reasoning and the wisdom of their decision.

See how that works... religious freedom, even when it's hard. How come that is such a difficult concept for the left? Are none of you capable of thinking for yourselves?

I did. I supported their right to build it. I questioned the reasoning and the wisdom of their decision.

See how that works... religious freedom, even when it's hard. How come that is such a difficult concept for the left? Are none of you capable of thinking for yourselves?

Here's what I think. If they want fed cash they follow fed rules. Just like they follow state rules. Or they close the schools and hospitals. If it's good enough for the Mayo Clinic, it's good enough for St. Joe's.

Did you have McNuggets for lunch?

No. I went to In-N-Out Burger, I see you are too chickenshit to answer my question.

i'll answer it.....yes i opposed the mosque near ground zero.....what a fucking humiliating insult.....any decent Muslim that abhors Sharia would not support such an insult....

if an insulting cartoon of Mohammed can incite Muslims to worldwide protests.....don't you think a mosque built near the site of 3,000 dead due to murdering jihadists would be inappropriate as well......?

reject Sharia and you are welcome to practice Islam in America....

Here's what I think. If they want fed cash they follow fed rules. Just like they follow state rules. Or they close the schools and hospitals. If it's good enough for the Mayo Clinic, it's good enough for St. Joe's.

You don't care very much about your fellow Americans, do ya? Because without the Church's Hospitals, many of our poorest - including your beloved African Americans - would have had no access to healthcare.

Greedy fucking bastard.

Okay, hyperbole, hysterics and obviously biased source aside, I consider this to be the biggest political mistake Obama has made in a while. It's bad for him on two levels:
1st. It was just a stupid move. Catholics are not predominantly Repub or Dem like evangelicals are. They are swing voters located in major cities and the MidWest - swing states.
2nd. It calls attantion to the biggest mistake he's ever made - ObamaCare. As an Independent, I can tell you that no one but LibDems like ObamaCare (except the pre-existing conditions & college age kids part). So now he's bringing up his biggest failure as something that is pissing off people in a whole NEW way.

Oops. I think he'll cave. At very minimum, offer an olive branch like exemption for Morning After pills etc... or just give the exemption. Then a few months later, those short-memoried Americans will be focused back on things affecting them. The economy, jobs etc...

Okay, hyperbole, hysterics and obviously biased source aside, I consider this to be the biggest political mistake Obama has made in a while. It's bad for him on two levels:
1st. It was just a stupid move. Catholics are not predominantly Repub or Dem like evangelicals are. They are swing voters located in major cities and the MidWest - swing states.
2nd. It calls attantion to the biggest mistake he's ever made - ObamaCare. As an Independent, I can tell you that no one but LibDems like ObamaCare (except the pre-existing conditions & college age kids part). So now he's bringing up his biggest failure as something that is pissing off people in a whole NEW way.

Oops. I think he'll cave. At very minimum, offer an olive branch like exemption for Morning After pills etc... or just give the exemption. Then a few months later, those short-memoried Americans will be focused back on things affecting them. The economy, jobs etc...

So, in short, you just agree with what I've already said. Thanks.

Actually, they had no idea that he would put the Church in this position... before 2008 (which is when they actually voted for him - not 2010 - idiot).... and, during the drafting of the bill, Obama asked to meet with the Arch Bishop - at that meeting - he gave his word that the Church would not be put into this position.

Either get your fucking facts straight, or don't fucking post.... but don't post bullshit and pretend it's fact.

Catholics are changing their minds about Obama.... we are a notorious swing vote. Most Catholics are not dem or GOP. But they are always Catholic.

So you're going to pretend that the fact that Obama was pro-choice and pro-contraception came as a big surprise to Catholics (and then devolve into the standard and childish insults and name-calling, what a shock).

Okay, your call. And today I'll pretend that lemons are purple. And by the way, you're a big (please insert filthy, vulgar epithet here, you're much better at that than I am - and you say you're a Catholic, yikes).

My kingdom for some adult conversation here, and for "Christians" who aren't incredibly vulgar and hostile.

Last edited:
Religious liberty is in jeopardy when the government dictates that they must do things against their doctrine and belief, when their belief HARMS NO ONE. It's a classic example of removing the line between church and state, which is something you all claim to care so much about.

Of course, everybody knows you don't care about it, and the only reason you repeat that mantra is to hide the fact that you do want the state to dictate what we shall believe and how we shall follow our faith.

It's not against the Church's belief or conscience or doctrine because Catholic hospitals and universities are already complying with state versions of this law in 20 states.

The Church is full of shit to claim that they can't comply with this on religious grounds. They're already complying with it.

How odd. Wasn't it 28 states just yesterday?

Anyway. Logical fallacy. Just because the church went along with it in 20 states doesn't mean it's not against church doctrine. Don't be more of an idiot than you absolutely have to, please.

Forum List

Back