I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

While Obama tries to act like Jesus endorses him, the Church is having NONE OF IT!

Just off Drudge right now:

It is about time one Church stood up and said "Oh no you don't!" I applaud. :clap2:

Get this one!

CATHOLIC LEAGUE POISED TO GO TO WAR WITH OBAMA OVER MANDATORY BIRTH CONTROL

Donahue says 70 million of his voters poised to alter Presidential Election
Catholic League Poised To Go To War With Obama Over Mandatory Birth Control Payments « CBS New York

This just made my morning!

:dance:

just curious....

do you personally oppose women having the option of getting birth control through their insurance when these women pay for a portion of the price of the insurance policy themselves?

do you think birth control pills are equal to abortion?

I have a problem with the way the ''right'' is portraying this issue because it is acting as though the health care bill forces the ''church'' to cover BC pills in their insurance policies for those who work for the Church, which is simply not true....Churches and the employees of the church itself are EXEMPT from such mandatory offerings.....but it is portrayed as if the Churches are being forced to carry such policies.

What is being done is that workers...nurses, doctors, lab techs etc who work at a Catholic Hospital for the public, or a Catholic University for the public are having to cover bc pills as ALL other public institutions, for their employees....of which many employees are NOT Catholic nor affiliated with the Church itself....

there is a huge difference.....

IF the health care bill forced the Church to cover BC pills for the workers in their Churches, then I would absolutely be against it....but for the public institutions, I see no problems with it, what so ever....

The catholic church is also against, vasectomies, invitro fertilization, iud's, diaphragms, tubal ligation etc....are they also saying that they don't want their health care policies at universities and hospitals for their secular staff employees to cover those medical items/or procedures as well? Or only bc pills? why only bc pills?

Mea culpa CG, I suppose that went too far.

I believe the phrase you are searching for is "I unreservedly apologize for that inappropriately personal post, CG."

Do you have a conscience at all?

Yeah...isn't he the one that squawks about the personal insults from the right?
With him, I guess he gets what he gives.

This is so idiotic anyway. The pretense that people who work at hospitals can't just WALK TO THE FUCKING CLINIC AND GET FREE BIRTH CONTROL.

Or, if they don't meet the income standard, pay: " Birth control pills may be purchased with a prescription at a drugstore or clinic. They cost about $15–$50 a month. "
Birth Control Pills - Birth Control Pill - The Pill

Gosh, that's a deal breaker for women who are OVER THE INCOME STANDARD TO RECEIVE FREE PILLS AT THE CLINIC.

My co-pay right now is $8 on scripts. MY GOD, THOSE WOMEN WILL HAVE TO PAY $7 MORE THAN THEY WOULD OTHERWISE PAY IF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH DOESN'T PAY FOR THEM TO HAVE BIRTH CONTROL!

Oh the humanity!

While Obama tries to act like Jesus endorses him, the Church is having NONE OF IT!

It is about time one Church stood up and said "Oh no you don't!" I applaud. :clap2:

Get this one!

Catholic League Poised To Go To War With Obama Over Mandatory Birth Control Payments « CBS New York

just curious....

do you personally oppose women having the option of getting birth control through their insurance when these women pay for a portion of the price of the insurance policy themselves?

I have a problem with the way the ''right'' is portraying this issue because it is acting as though the health care bill forces the ''church'' to cover BC pills in their insurance policies for those who work for the Church, which is simply not true....Churches and the employees of the church itself are EXEMPT from such mandatory offerings.....but it is portrayed as if the Churches are being forced to carry such policies.

What is being done is that workers...nurses, doctors, lab techs etc who work at a Catholic Hospital for the public, or a Catholic University for the public are having to cover bc pills as ALL other public institutions, for their employees....of which many employees are NOT Catholic nor affiliated with the Church itself....

IF the health care bill forced the Church to cover BC pills for the workers in their Churches, then I would absolutely be against it....but for the public institutions, I see no problems with it, what so ever....

The catholic church is also against, vasectomies, invitro fertilization, iud's, diaphragms, tubal ligation etc....are they also saying that they don't want their health care policies at universities and hospitals for their secular staff employees to cover those medical items/or procedures as well? Or only bc pills? why only bc pills?

The Church is pro life. It cannot pay for insurance plans that cover something that is against its Doctrine. They are seeking only to have insurance plans that do not cover contraception... anyone who wants to access contraception can do so at a vast number of clinics, such as Planned Parenthood - for free.

This is fundamentally against our faith.... whether or not you agree with birth control is not the issue - the issue is whether the government can dictate to any faith that it must go against its Doctrine. First. Amendment. Rights.

Also, he lied to the Church. He promised our Cardinal Designate Dolan that he would ensure the Church was not put into this position. Your messiah lied to our Church.

I believe the phrase you are searching for is "I unreservedly apologize for that inappropriately personal post, CG."

Mea Culpa will have to do, idiot.

I am not surprised. It's takes far more courage to apologize for one's mistakes than to wash over them. I expected cowardice from you - and I was not disappointed.

Yeah...isn't he the one that squawks about the personal insults from the left?
With him, I guess he gets what he gives.

No Moron Meister, I'm pretty thick skinned and heard all the personal insults as a young deputy from the cage in the backseat. I take personal insults in stride; most of those punks couldn't put together a cogent insult anyway, much like the written comments by echo chamber punks on the USMB.

Get this one!

just curious....

Yep, the Church is against all of those things, including in vitro. Catholic Insight : Vatican : The moral status of in vitro fertilization (IVF) Biology and method

I certainly understand your disagreeing with any or all. My stand for or against any or all doesn't enter into the issue. The issue is the government forcing their point of view, which is counter to the moral beliefs of one religion in particular, but as is becoming more clear by the hour, many religious outside of that one.

The government has no business establishing a religion, likewise they have no business in regulating the actions of one, contrary to their beliefs. No one needs to work for a Catholic Church related outlet, nor receive services there. If the employees have a problem with their insurance, go to another employer.

This is really just a 1st amendment issue, we'll see how it plays out. From the country that really nearly rallied for the Know Nothing Party, at least in enthusiasm, I will wait. With the exception of the likes of Mao, Stalin, and Hitler, few countries have hated Catholics as much as the US. That's where the separate schools and hospitals originated.

I am not surprised. It's takes far more courage to apologize for one's mistakes than to wash over them. I expected cowardice from you - and I was not disappointed.

Improve Your Confession: Mea Culpa - Catholic Examination of Conscience App for Catholic Confession

Mea Culpa is meant to be an examination of conscience app for Catholics who want to make a sincere confession, and recollect as much as possible.

It is NOT a suitable replacement for the sacrament of confession. You CAN NOT use it
to confess via the internet or over the phone.

I'll take care of my confession some Sunday, if and only if the Church of my youth confesses the sins it has covered up and asks for my forgiveness.

Improve Your Confession: Mea Culpa - Catholic Examination of Conscience App for Catholic Confession

Mea Culpa is meant to be an examination of conscience app for Catholics who want to make a sincere confession, and recollect as much as possible.

It is NOT a suitable replacement for the sacrament of confession. You CAN NOT use it
to confess via the internet or over the phone.

I'll take care of my confession some Sunday, if and only if the Church of my youth confesses the sins it has covered up and asks for my forgiveness.

I know exactly what it is. And I know people use it when the words 'I'm sorry' are just too hard. Your conscience is yours to live with. I am comfortable with mine, because I only ever attack an individual's intellect... with one exception - and she earned it. If you choose to attack me on subjects of which you know nothing - that is for you. I won't carry your burdens for you.

Get this one!

just curious....

The Church is pro life. It cannot pay for insurance plans that cover something that is against its Doctrine. They are seeking only to have insurance plans that do not cover contraception... anyone who wants to access contraception can do so at a vast number of clinics, such as Planned Parenthood - for free.

This is fundamentally against our faith.... whether or not you agree with birth control is not the issue - the issue is whether the government can dictate to any faith that it must go against its Doctrine. First. Amendment. Rights.

Also, he lied to the Church. He promised our Cardinal Designate Dolan that he would ensure the Church was not put into this position. Your messiah lied to our Church.
i am Catholic CG, and i see a huge difference between making the CC pay for full coverage insurance for their Church employees vs covering strangers and non catholic employees at their PUBLIC institutions.

I also do not believe BC pills conflict with being ''pro life''.

just curious....

i am Catholic CG, and i see a huge difference between making the CC pay for full coverage insurance for their Church employees vs covering strangers and non catholic employees at their PUBLIC institutions.

It doesn't matter what you believe, nor what I believe. What matters - what is at the heart of this - is Church Doctrine. No government is allowed to force a Church to go against its Doctrine. Simple.

The fact is that Obama promised Cardinal Designate Dolan that the Church would not be forced to do this. That is the only reason Obama got the support of the Church - because Cardinal Designate Dolan trusted Obama's promise. Obama thinks, now he doesn't need the Church, he does not have to honor that promise. He is wrong.

Obama - and the Democrats - would do well to consider the consequences of lying to the Church. We're the swing vote in many battleground states... and, as you are probably aware, we are allied to neither party. He should remember that. And he should take a look at the actual results of the actual polls and not the spun bullshit that the left are coming out with.

Get this one!

just curious....

Yep, the Church is against all of those things, including in vitro. Catholic Insight : Vatican : The moral status of in vitro fertilization (IVF) Biology and method

I certainly understand your disagreeing with any or all. My stand for or against any or all doesn't enter into the issue. The issue is the government forcing their point of view, which is counter to the moral beliefs of one religion in particular, but as is becoming more clear by the hour, many religious outside of that one.

The government has no business establishing a religion, likewise they have no business in regulating the actions of one, contrary to their beliefs. No one needs to work for a Catholic Church related outlet, nor receive services there. If the employees have a problem with their insurance, go to another employer.

This is really just a 1st amendment issue, we'll see how it plays out. From the country that really nearly rallied for the Know Nothing Party, at least in enthusiasm, I will wait. With the exception of the likes of Mao, Stalin, and Hitler, few countries have hated Catholics as much as the US. That's where the separate schools and hospitals originated.
if the CChurch received no monies from the federal tax payers what so ever, then perhaps they would have a leg to stand on....

I have ALWAYS been against Faith based initiatives with tax payer's money.....

NOT because I felt that the churches were going to try to change our gvt in those relationships BUT because I felt the federal gvt WOULD be able to dictate and change the churches and that these churches would succumb in the end, because they became so dependent on the gvt handouts....they couldn't just walk away from the secular money....

It doesn't matter what you believe, nor what I believe. What matters - what is at the heart of this - is Church Doctrine. No government is allowed to force a Church to go against its Doctrine. Simple.

The fact is that Obama promised Cardinal Designate Dolan that the Church would not be forced to do this. That is the only reason Obama got the support of the Church - because Cardinal Designate Dolan trusted Obama's promise. Obama thinks, now he doesn't need the Church, he does not have to honor that promise. He is wrong.

Obama - and the Democrats - would do well to consider the consequences of lying to the Church. We're the swing vote in many battleground states... and, as you are probably aware, we are allied to neither party. He should remember that. And he should take a look at the actual results of the actual polls and not the spun bullshit that the left are coming out with.
as i said, the Church itself is NOT being forced to cover the church employees....so no lie there, as you claim.

the catholic charities, which are serving public institutions with secular employees, taking secular government monies.... are....

just curious....

And that's just it Care, YOU have the right to use or promote BC all you like and still call yourself Catholic. Now the Church says if you are doing so, you have sinned, but a 'venial sin.' CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Sin

For those non-conversant with Catholic Doctrine, trust me, it's worse than the Senate.

Nevertheless, the Church just hopes one day you'll see the light. In the meantime, don't get in vitro or slice the tubes. Well ok, the later is there with the pills, those other? Nope, mortal sin. Right there with abortion.

With all of that said, it still has everything to do with the first amendment and religion. It's not the insurance thing, but the moral thing

This post probably has wrecked the chances for all the atheists to come knocking on the Church font. Oh well.

Last edited:

And that's just it Care, YOU have the right to use or promote BC all you like and still call yourself Catholic. Now the Church says if you are doing so, you have sinned, but a 'venial sin.' CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Sin

For those non-conversant with Catholic Doctrine, trust me, it's worse than the Senate.

Nevertheless, the Church just hopes one day you'll see the light. In the meantime, don't get in vitro or slice the tubes. Well ok, the later is there with the pills, those other? Nope, mortal sin. Right there with abortion.

With all of that said, it still hasn't anything to do with the first amendment and religion.

This post probably has wrecked the chances for all the atheists to come knocking on the Church font. Oh well.

In fairness, it is a First Amendment issue. The Government has no right to force a faith - any faith - to go against its doctrine.

With all of that said, it still hasn't anything to do with the first amendment and religion.

In fairness, it is a First Amendment issue. The Government has no right to force a faith - any faith - to go against its doctrine.

The Church is not forced to do anything here. These are business laws.

I screwed that up, my fault entirely. Sorry. I'm going to see if I can edit my post.

but haven't they already CG? JWitnesses with blood transfusions to save their child's life kinda thing?? not certain on that....but thought there might have been a case or 2 on that....? And on some other things too, with Romneycare.....? And equal protection gender issues???

Forum List

Back