I Love Michelle Obama

It seems like you are trying to convince yourself. :laugh:
They designed and did the architectural work as well. Those were mostly free Blacks though. They worked in every conceivable capacity and area of making the WH a reality. They also designed and built Washington DC.

Slaves designed and did the architecture of the White House, did they ? Lol ! :laugh2:

https://www.bnl.gov/bera/activities/globe/banneker.htm

"Benjamin Banneker. Without Benjamin Banneker, our nation's capital would not exist as we know it. After a year of work, the Frenchman hired by George Washington to design the capital, L'Enfant, stormed off the job, taking all the plans."

The capital is ot the White House.
My post must have really shaken you. That shit didnt even make sense.
laugh.gif

Nice dodge, we're talking about the WH.

I said regarding slaves:

Did they design it ? No. Do the archectual work ? No.
Did they PARTICIPATE in the manual labor ? Yes.

You said:

They designed and did the architectural work as well. Those were mostly free Blacks though.

This is simply not true, James Hoban was the architect, an Irish-American.
Later, Jefferson hired an additional architect, Benjamin Latrobe,an Englishman to add some of his personal touches. He also was the architect of the U.S. capitol.

I know what we were talking about. I just educated you that there were Black engineers and architects working on the WH. As I stated they were mostly free Blacks but there were some that were enslaved also that did some of the design phase.

Of course this is true. If your comment is from a white source then its not valid or even relevant.

The only thing you did is list some white guys that may or may have not been involved. I educated you on the fact that most of the people that built and designed the WH were either Black free men or Black enslaved.

The design did not come from slaves or freed black people. You simply are wrong.
Hoban was the designer, and he based the design on a structure in Dublin Ireland.

Slaves HELPED construct the WH. They provided manual labor, some did have "skilled" labor that was taught to them by white craftsmen.

Hopefully, someone will take the time to fully educate the first lady.

The design did not come from slaves or freed black people. You simply are wrong.
Hoban was the designer, and he based the design on a structure in Dublin Ireland.

Slaves HELPED construct the WH. They provided manual labor, some did have "skilled" labor that was taught to them by white craftsmen.

Well I give you permission to hold on to your beliefs.

Its obvious the FLOTUS is your superior in education. Look who she is and look at your life.

In her last commencement speech as first lady at the City College of New York the FLOTUS shared something that obviously has weighed on her mind. She sleeps in a house that enslaved Blacks built. I commend her on mentioning this little discussed fact of american history.

First lady: I wake up in house built by slaves - CNN Video

Enslaved Blacks were not the only ethnicity to build the White House...

Why do they want to turn this into a race issue?

Stonemason Collen Williamson trained enslaved people on the spot at the government's quarry at Aquia, Virginia. Enslaved people quarried and cut the rough stone that was later dressed and laid by Scottish masons to erect the walls of the President's House. The slaves joined a work force that included local white laborers and artisans from Maryland and Virginia, as well as immigrants from Ireland, Scotland, and other European nations.

It's 2016, not 1792...
Who said they were the only ethnicity to build the white house? I know the FLOTUS didnt say it nor did I. What made you think someone turned it into a race issue?

And I quote Mrs. Obama...

"It's the story I witness every single day, when I wake up in a house that was built by slaves"

She is clearly implying it was only built by slaves, she didn't say they helped or they lead or they assisted, she said "that was built by slaves", her use of the verb only identifies "slaves", not the Irish or the Scottish or the Europeans or the other White labor. She then goes on to identify her husband who's father was from Kenya, do you really think she used this to imply anything other than their ethnicity?

I understand why she did this, they both have used their ethnicity numerous times to refer to the horrible past, he has had the best platform in the world to try and mend the racial divide, yet he manages to only pour more salt on a wound that simply needs to go away...

In her last commencement speech as first lady at the City College of New York the FLOTUS shared something that obviously has weighed on her mind. She sleeps in a house that enslaved Blacks built. I commend her on mentioning this little discussed fact of american history.

Stonemason Collen Williamson trained enslaved people on the spot at the government's quarry at Aquia, Virginia. Enslaved people quarried and cut the rough stone that was later dressed and laid by Scottish masons to erect the walls of the President's House. The slaves joined a work force that included local white laborers and artisans from Maryland and Virginia, as well as immigrants from Ireland, Scotland, and other European nations.

It's 2016, not 1792...
Who said they were the only ethnicity to build the white house? I know the FLOTUS didnt say it nor did I. What made you think someone turned it into a race issue?

"It's the story I witness every single day, when I wake up in a house that was built by slaves"

She is clearly implying it was only built by slaves, she didn't say they helped or they lead or they assisted, she said "that was built by slaves", her use of the verb only identifies "slaves", not the Irish or the Scottish or the Europeans or the other White labor. She then goes on to identify her husband who's father was from Kenya, do you really think she used this to imply anything other than their ethnicity?

I understand why she did this, they both have used their ethnicity numerous times to refer to the horrible past, he has had the best platform in the world to try and mend the racial divide, yet he manages to only pour more salt on a wound that simply needs to go away...
Clearly you are a retard if you are claiming that the FLOTUS was implying anything other than what she said. Take the panties out of your crack and stop whining because she didnt mention the non slave white guys that helped. I'm pretty sure what the whites did on the WH has no emotional connection for the FLOTUS. What a retard you are. :laugh:

See what happens when you dont jump the gun and put it in context?

"During her speech to graduates of City College of New York on Friday (see video below), Obama pointedly broke down the simple significance of a black family being in the White House.

“It’s the story that I witness every single day when I wake up in a house that was built by slaves,” she said. “And I watch my daughters, two beautiful black young women, head off to school, waving goodbye to their father, the President of the United States, the son of a man from Kenya, who came here to America for the same reasons as many of you, to get an education and improve his prospects in life.”"

Now tell us all again why she should have mentioned white people while explaining what it means to be Black and living in the WH?

yeah she's cute hey?

:)

Beautiful woman and smart to boot.

Jesus Christ. You must have the most powerful beer goggles ever to think Michelle Obama is anywhere close to beautiful, by any standard.

yeah she's cute hey?

:)

Beautiful woman and smart to boot.

Jesus Christ. You must have the most powerful beer goggles ever to think Michelle Obama is anywhere close to beautiful, by any standard.
I'm Black so I see very clearly. I know you white boys have weird tastes but I cant be bothered with what you like.

It's 2016, not 1792...

Clearly you are a retard if you are claiming that the FLOTUS was implying anything other than what she said. Take the panties out of your crack and stop whining because she didnt mention the non slave white guys that helped. I'm pretty sure what the whites did on the WH has no emotional connection for the FLOTUS. What a retard you are. :laugh:

"During her speech to graduates of City College of New York on Friday (see video below), Obama pointedly broke down the simple significance of a black family being in the White House.

“It’s the story that I witness every single day when I wake up in a house that was built by slaves,” she said. “And I watch my daughters, two beautiful black young women, head off to school, waving goodbye to their father, the President of the United States, the son of a man from Kenya, who came here to America for the same reasons as many of you, to get an education and improve his prospects in life.”"

Now tell us all again why she should have mentioned white people while explaining what it means to be Black and living in the WH?

The point that evades your limited abilities milkweed is why did she have to use any reference to slavery? Is it really that hard for you to sit in the middle or do you slant everything? If anyone of any other ethnicity used the "slave" description it would be viewed as racism in the context of this manner, when will you put down your hatred? It's the simple mindedness of bigots such as yourself that keeps this going, grow up or STFU...

She was giving a commencement speech, not a history lesson on how the White House was built or did you miss this part as well? You're so quick to defend the plight of the Black American, what about the Hispanic or Asian or Indian Americans, and let's not forget the White/European Americans, are their challenges not worthy? Not the same? Are you so vain that only blacks have been abused or used as slaves over the history of our world?

I thought it was the First Family's job to represent all Americans, not just the black ones...

It's 2016, not 1792...

The point that evades your limited abilities milkweed is why did she have to use any reference to slavery? Is it really that hard for you to sit in the middle or do you slant everything? If anyone of any other ethnicity used the "slave" description it would be viewed as racism in the context of this manner, when will you put down your hatred? It's the simple mindedness of bigots such as yourself that keeps this going, grow up or STFU...

She was giving a commencement speech, not a history lesson on how the White House was built or did you miss this part as well? You're so quick to defend the plight of the Black American, what about the Hispanic or Asian or Indian Americans, and let's not forget the White/European Americans, are their challenges not worthy? Not the same? Are you so vain that only blacks have been abused or used as slaves over the history of our world?

I thought it was the First Family's job to represent all Americans, not just the black ones...
Usually people say things because they want to. I think thats the point that evades your simple mind. What makes you think your feelings were considered when she said this? Hiding from the truth only causes more problems. Its not a fact most people know so she did everyone a favor by mentioning it.

She wasnt really speaking about history. She was speaking more about how she felt as a Black woman and being the FLOTUS living in a presidential house that was built by Black slaves. I dont know how much more plain someone can make it for you. Its right there in her speech. You know. The part you avoided?

This has nothing to do with Hispanics, Asians, whites, or NA's what did you say that for?

It is the first families job to represent all americans. Why do you feel that mentioning the fact that slaves built the WH changes that? Be specific please.

Last edited:
Usually people say things because they want to.

What a double standard, lame response...

I rest my case milkweed...
So youre going to cop out because you cant explain why your feelings were hurt?

its a good thing you are resting your case because you dont have one. Hopefully someone with the skills to articulate why this was so devastating for white people will answer my question.

its a good thing you are resting your case because you dont have one. Hopefully someone with the skills to articulate why this was so devastating for white people will answer my question.

It's not a cop out, I just know you can't fix stupid and you're stupid...

If slaves as you state were the only ones to build the White House then her reference to it would be accurate, instead slaves were one of the many ethnicity's responsible for it's construction...

If you claim she was only using their reference to make a point because she is black, it only solidify's my point further...

Hurt feelings? How shallow are you? Really? You need to look into a mirror first...

It's not a cop out, I just know you can't fix stupid and you're stupid...

If slaves as you state were the only ones to build the White House then her reference to it would be accurate, instead slaves were one of the many ethnicity's responsible for it's construction...

If you claim she was only using their reference to make a point because she is black, it only solidify's my point further...

Hurt feelings? How shallow are you? Really? You need to look into a mirror first...
Of course it was a cop out. You claimed you rested your case but yet here you are posting again. Obviously you said it to keep from having to explain your butt hurt.

I nor the FLOTUS ever stated slaves were the only ones to build the white house. Again you are the victim of your irrational emotions. Instead of using your reading comprehension your emotions caused you to make claims you cant quote or prove.

You never really explained your point. You made a couple of wild accusations but you never clarified anything. Then you rested your case when I attempted to get an explanation...but now youre back without explaining. :laugh:

Its obvious the FLOTUS is your superior in education. Look who she is and look at your life.

There is no way you have a college education and a college diploma. You would have denied the curriculum put in front of you, and your professor's would have grown tired of your denials of reality.

There is no way you have a college education and a college diploma. You would have denied the curriculum put in front of you, and your professor's would have grown tired of your denials of reality.
Yes I pissed off many a professor but my college education is not the issue. Your reading comprehension tells me you couldnt have graduated high school while we all know what the FLOTUS did in regards to attending college.

Forum List

Back