I Love Michelle Obama

In her last commencement speech as first lady at the City College of New York the FLOTUS shared something that obviously has weighed on her mind. She sleeps in a house that enslaved Blacks built. I commend her on mentioning this little discussed fact of american history.

First lady: I wake up in house built by slaves - CNN Video

Enslaved Blacks were not the only ethnicity to build the White House...

Why do they want to turn this into a race issue?

Stonemason Collen Williamson trained enslaved people on the spot at the government's quarry at Aquia, Virginia. Enslaved people quarried and cut the rough stone that was later dressed and laid by Scottish masons to erect the walls of the President's House. The slaves joined a work force that included local white laborers and artisans from Maryland and Virginia, as well as immigrants from Ireland, Scotland, and other European nations.

It's 2016, not 1792...

There's no question that she wasn't being completely truthful in that misleading comment.
Slaves were used, but there were also non-slaves, and immigrants who were not yet citizens.
There's no question that she wasn't being completely truthful in that misleading comment.

“It’s the story that I witness every single day, when I wake up in a house that was built by slaves,”

There is nothing to quibble with in that comment.......unless you are some Breitbart huffing fool with a hair across his ass....

Her comment implies that that the entire WH construction was handled by slaves.

She should have said something like: "I wake up in a house that slaves played a role in the construction of".
Your comments imply you are a sensitive and fragile flower that was emotionally traumatized by the FLOTUS.

Mehhh, I'd just like to see our first lady not telling impressionable young people half truths.

Stonemason Collen Williamson trained enslaved people on the spot at the government's quarry at Aquia, Virginia. Enslaved people quarried and cut the rough stone that was later dressed and laid by Scottish masons to erect the walls of the President's House. The slaves joined a work force that included local white laborers and artisans from Maryland and Virginia, as well as immigrants from Ireland, Scotland, and other European nations.

It's 2016, not 1792...

Slaves were used, but there were also non-slaves, and immigrants who were not yet citizens.

Yes she was being completely truthful. Slaves did build the WH. She didnt say only slaves built the WH.

They played a role, yes.
Yes they played the major role. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Did they design it ? No. Do the archectual work ? No.
Did they PARTICIPATE in the manual labor ? Yes.

Hopefully next time she'll be more accurate.
It seems like you are trying to convince yourself. :laugh:
They designed and did the architectural work as well. Those were mostly free Blacks though. They worked in every conceivable capacity and area of making the WH a reality. They also designed and built Washington DC.

Last edited:

It's 2016, not 1792...

“It’s the story that I witness every single day, when I wake up in a house that was built by slaves,”

There is nothing to quibble with in that comment.......unless you are some Breitbart huffing fool with a hair across his ass....

She should have said something like: "I wake up in a house that slaves played a role in the construction of".
Your comments imply you are a sensitive and fragile flower that was emotionally traumatized by the FLOTUS.

Mehhh, I'd just like to see our first lady not telling impressionable young people half truths.
Youre being sensitive like a dainty flower. Schools have long taught outright lies and half truths and you never complained about that. It was never a half truth the FLOTUS made. It was simply the truth.

Yes she was being completely truthful. Slaves did build the WH. She didnt say only slaves built the WH.

They played a role, yes.

They designed and did the architectural work as well. Those were mostly free Blacks though. They worked in every conceivable capacity and area of making the WH a reality. They also designed and built Washington DC.

Slaves designed and did the architecture of the White House, did they ? Lol ! :laugh2:

They played a role, yes.

Slaves designed and did the architecture of the White House, did they ? Lol ! :laugh2:

https://www.bnl.gov/bera/activities/globe/banneker.htm

"Benjamin Banneker. Without Benjamin Banneker, our nation's capital would not exist as we know it. After a year of work, the Frenchman hired by George Washington to design the capital, L'Enfant, stormed off the job, taking all the plans."

Michelle Obama is a disgrace as a first lady.

Never liked her, probably never will.
The current FLOTUS is the best in history.

You dont have to like her. I'm sure she will still sleep well regardless of how you feel about her.

I bet you just LOVE participation trophies as well. Not very high standards. I don't care what she likes or don't like. She is a nonconcern, a nonfactor. Might as well be a Kardashian. Or is she?

You dont have to like her. I'm sure she will still sleep well regardless of how you feel about her.

I bet you just LOVE participation trophies as well. Not very high standards. I don't care what she likes or don't like. She is a nonconcern, a nonfactor. Might as well be a Kardashian. Or is she?
I think participation trophies are only applicable to grade school sports. My standards are the highest. No one cares what you think or like. She is most influential FLOTUS in the history of the nation. Even the Kardashians are more influential and respected than you are.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya, she is a real class act. ..... :puke:

michelle-obama-shorts-450kc082109.jpg

They played a role, yes.

"Benjamin Banneker. Without Benjamin Banneker, our nation's capital would not exist as we know it. After a year of work, the Frenchman hired by George Washington to design the capital, L'Enfant, stormed off the job, taking all the plans."

The capital is not the White House.

The capital is ot the White House.
My post must have really shaken you. That shit didnt even make sense.
laugh.gif

I think participation trophies are only applicable to grade school sports. My standards are the highest. No one cares what you think or like. She is most influential FLOTUS in the history of the nation. Even the Kardashians are more influential and respected than you are.

I was wondering when you would take the road traveled mostly by the left and try to get personal. Two replys, possibly a new record. Like Michelle's, your opinions are a nonfactor.

Snooze Alert!

I was wondering when you would take the road traveled mostly by the left and try to get personal. Two replys, possibly a new record. Like Michelle's, your opinions are a nonfactor.

Snooze Alert!
I didnt know you were left? i was wondering why you made that personal attack regarding participation trophies. I'll give you some free advice clown. if you cant take it dont dish it. If you do dish it then dont whine to me about personal attacks.

Last edited:

It's 2016, not 1792...

That is as unnecessary as it is ungrammatical.....

Her comment is entirely accurate.

Ummm, noooooooo.

Preposition ending of sentence with

Snooze Alert!
I didnt know you were left? i was wondering why you made that personal attack regarding participation trophies. I'll give you some free advice clown. if you cant take it dont dish it. If you do dish it then dont whine to me about personal attacks.

Clown?? Ha,ha,ha... you are a hoot.

The capital is ot the White House.
My post must have really shaken you. That shit didnt even make sense.
laugh.gif

Nice dodge, we're talking about the WH.

I said regarding slaves:

You said:

They designed and did the architectural work as well. Those were mostly free Blacks though.

This is simply not true, James Hoban was the architect, an Irish-American.
Later, Jefferson hired an additional architect, Benjamin Latrobe,an Englishman to add some of his personal touches. He also was the architect of the U.S. capitol.

Forum List

Back