I mean no disrespect...no, that's a lie. I mean all disrespect.

You know nothing of the Bible. It does not say to kill those that do not convert.
No YOU were cherry picking and I responded with a sourced quote.

Umn...no...I wasn't. You're sourced quote is pretty incomplete. Make that very incomplete. Where did you pull it from?

There is more to it than bumper sticker theology: The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation

Sahih International: And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah. And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do.

Pickthall: And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah. But if they cease, then lo! Allah is Seer of what they do.

Yusuf Ali: And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

Shakir: And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do.

Muhammad Sarwar: Fight them so that idolatry will not exist any more and God's religion will stand supreme. If theygive up the idols), God will be Well Aware of what they do.

Mohsin Khan: And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.

Arberry: Fight them, till there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely; then if they give over, surely God sees the things they do;

There is also the historical context of that quote (something we are willing to grant biblical quotes but not Islamic ones) The Holy Quran, Verse 8:12
Fight them until they all revert to Islam. Exactly what Alex' post describes. Well done, Alex :).

That sounds kind of like the Bible.

Oh...but it does.

Bible Commands Christians to Kill Nonbelievers | Atheist Revolution

I wonder why these 'atheists' only have it in for Christians, when Islamists are slaughtering people the world over? Think you might have found yourself a wee hate site here, coyote. Lol.

Breaking free from irrational belief and opposing Christian extremism

You know nothing of the Bible. It does not say to kill those that do not convert.
Umn...no...I wasn't. You're sourced quote is pretty incomplete. Make that very incomplete. Where did you pull it from?

There is more to it than bumper sticker theology: The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation

Sahih International: And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah. And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do.

Pickthall: And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah. But if they cease, then lo! Allah is Seer of what they do.

Yusuf Ali: And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

Shakir: And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do.

Muhammad Sarwar: Fight them so that idolatry will not exist any more and God's religion will stand supreme. If theygive up the idols), God will be Well Aware of what they do.

Mohsin Khan: And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.

Arberry: Fight them, till there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely; then if they give over, surely God sees the things they do;

There is also the historical context of that quote (something we are willing to grant biblical quotes but not Islamic ones) The Holy Quran, Verse 8:12
Fight them until they all revert to Islam. Exactly what Alex' post describes. Well done, Alex :).

Oh...but it does.

Deuteronomy is the Old Testament and the verse is directed at Moses and the Israelites. There weren't even any Christians yet. Duh.

Furthermore the verse is referring only to apostates. That is, it refers to people who were Jews and then abandoned the faith.

Oh...but it does.

I wonder why these 'atheists' only have it in for Christians, when Islamists are slaughtering people the world over? Think you might have found yourself a wee hate site here, coyote. Lol.

They don't. That's one of those irrational beliefs you folks adhere to. The athiests, at least on these boards are as vehement against the Islamic extremists as they are against the Christian ones.

I'm not an athiest by the way :)

Oh...but it does.

Deuteronomy is the Old Testament and the verse is directed at Moses and the Israelites. There weren't even any Christians yet. Duh.

Furthermore the verse is referring only to apostates. That is, it refers to people who were Jews and then abandoned the faith.

Wait wait wait - are you saying historical context matters? :eek:

Oh...but it does.

I looked but I can't find anything where the Christians have denounced the OT - in fact, they seem quite enamored of it given their adherence to the Ten Commandments and all the anti-homosexuality creed.

Have Christians denounced the OT?

Duh.

The OT is looked more as a history book to Christians, the vast majority of it is Mosaic Law and Old Covenant Law, done away with by the New Covenant which was to bring the Gentiles and Jews together

Pfft. Tell that to the people who insist on following it's extortions on homosexuality.

Homosexuality is condemned in both the OT and the New Testament

Oh...but it does.

I looked but I can't find anything where the Christians have denounced the OT - in fact, they seem quite enamored of it given their adherence to the Ten Commandments and all the anti-homosexuality creed.

Duh.

P.S. Since you do not allow context to be used in interpreting the Quran, please don't expect us to use context in interpreting the Bible ;)
CHRISTians follow CHRIST. JC isn't in the OT, the stuff in the OT was for Israelites. Why do you think CHRISTians are CHRISTians and not Jews if they both follow the OT? Why do you think there is a NEW TESTAMENT. Clue - think about those two words, doing so should help you muddle your way through this. And who is 'us'?

Oh...but it does.

hmmm, no, I'm not saying a thing about historical context, moron. I'm saying that verse does not tell Jews to kill anyone who doesn't believe in the Jewish god. It only tells them to kill apostates.

Duh.

The OT is looked more as a history book to Christians, the vast majority of it is Mosaic Law and Old Covenant Law, done away with by the New Covenant which was to bring the Gentiles and Jews together

Pfft. Tell that to the people who insist on following it's extortions on homosexuality.

Mostly in the OT.

Oh...but it does.

Duh.

Extortions? Christians are 'extorting' homosexuals?

Duh.

Mostly in the OT.

But the New as well. It's God's law

Oh...but it does.

Duh.

P.S. Since you do not allow context to be used in interpreting the Quran, please don't expect us to use context in interpreting the Bible ;)
CHRISTians follow CHRIST. JC isn't in the OT, the stuff in the OT was for Israelites. Why do you think CHRISTians are CHRISTians and not Jews if they both follow the OT? Why do you think there is a NEW TESTAMENT. Clue - think about those two words, doing so should help you muddle your way through this. And who is 'us'?

Do you denounce the OT as heresy then?

Duh.

Extortions? Christians are 'extorting' homosexuals?
They would if they could don't you think? :)

Duh.

Mostly in the OT.

What did Jesus say about homosexuals?

From the time of Christ, the New Testament, is when Christianity came about. Now, try again.
No YOU were cherry picking and I responded with a sourced quote.

Oh...but it does.

Oh...but it does.

hmmm, no, I'm not saying a thing about historical context, moron. I'm saying that verse does not tell Jews to kill anyone who doesn't believe in the Jewish god. It only tells them to kill apostates.

That is context. I don't believe you are allowed to use context - only literal quotes :)

Mostly in the OT.

What did Jesus say about homosexuals?

The same thing he said about pedophiles and even murderers. You can't win this one, I've done it a hundred times

Oh...but it does.

They don't. That's one of those irrational beliefs you folks adhere to. The athiests, at least on these boards are as vehement against the Islamic extremists as they are against the Christian ones.

I'm not an athiest by the way :)
You don't say. Lol.

From the time of Christ, the New Testament, is when Christianity came about. Now, try again.

Oh...but it does.

Do you denounce the OT then?

Fuck that ugly bitch and the camel she rode in on. She has no rights or should I say HAD no rights since she's eating dirt right now.

Forum List

Back