🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I mean no disrespect...no, that's a lie. I mean all disrespect.

Here for your pleasure-

Jesus fulfilled the Law (Matthew 5:17-18). In other words, He brought it to its completion (Romans 10:4). Before Christ, no one could perfectly keep the law, but Jesus proved that it was possible to keep the law. Jesus showed that God's law was good, it was man who was the sinner.

So when did this change take place? Paul said that the Old Law was nailed to the cross (Colossians 2:14). In Ephesians 2:15, we are told that it was put to death on the cross. Hence, the law changed when Christ died on the cross at Calvary. The author of Hebrews put it this way, "For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it. For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives." (Hebrews 9:16-17). At the acceptance of the Old Law, Moses sprinkled the people with blood (Exodus 24:8). The new covenant also began with the shedding of blood -- Christ's death on the cross. Christ's testament could not come into effect until he, as its author, died.

From the time of Christ, the New Testament, is when Christianity came about. Now, try again.
You know nothing of the Bible. It does not say to kill those that do not convert.
Fight them until they all revert to Islam. Exactly what Alex' post describes. Well done, Alex :).

That sounds kind of like the Bible.

Oh...but it does.

Bible Commands Christians to Kill Nonbelievers | Atheist Revolution

Do you denounce the OT then?

Here for your pleasure-

Jesus fulfilled the Law (Matthew 5:17-18). In other words, He brought it to its completion (Romans 10:4). Before Christ, no one could perfectly keep the law, but Jesus proved that it was possible to keep the law. Jesus showed that God's law was good, it was man who was the sinner.

So when did this change take place? Paul said that the Old Law was nailed to the cross (Colossians 2:14). In Ephesians 2:15, we are told that it was put to death on the cross. Hence, the law changed when Christ died on the cross at Calvary. The author of Hebrews put it this way, "For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it. For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives." (Hebrews 9:16-17). At the acceptance of the Old Law, Moses sprinkled the people with blood (Exodus 24:8). The new covenant also began with the shedding of blood -- Christ's death on the cross. Christ's testament could not come into effect until he, as its author, died.

From the time of Christ, the New Testament, is when Christianity came about. Now, try again.
You know nothing of the Bible. It does not say to kill those that do not convert.

Oh...but it does.

That is context. From what I understand, context is not allowed (well, at least not when it comes to Quranic verses).

Pfft. Tell that to the people who insist on following it's extortions on homosexuality.
Extortions? Christians are 'extorting' homosexuals?
They would if they could don't you think? :)
What, Christians would bribe homosexuals if they could? I don't know- what's stopping them then?

Lack of financial resources?
What? The Christains need financial resources to extort money from homosexuals? And they don't have enough financial resources and that's what is stopping Christians from extorting money from homosexuals? What planet are you from? :) lololol

You mentioned bribing...that would certainly require resources.

Fight them until they all revert to Islam. Exactly what Alex' post describes. Well done, Alex :).

Oh...but it does.

Deuteronomy is the Old Testament and the verse is directed at Moses and the Israelites. There weren't even any Christians yet. Duh.

I looked but I can't find anything where the Christians have denounced the OT - in fact, they seem quite enamored of it given their adherence to the Ten Commandments and all the anti-homosexuality creed.

Have Christians denounced the OT?

Duh.

P.S. Since you do not allow context to be used in interpreting the Quran, please don't expect us to use context in interpreting the Bible ;)
Christians are of a different religion, they don't have to 'denounce' Judaism, just as they don't have to denounce Islam. There are a great many more commandments than 10. The ten are universal, things everyone should live by. Why throw the baby out with the bath water. Does Islam live by the 10 commandments - and no I don't mean the pillars.

Chronicles, the old testament
Furthermore the verse is referring only to apostates. That is, it refers to people who were Jews and then abandoned the faith.

Wait wait wait - are you saying historical context matters? :eek:

hmmm, no, I'm not saying a thing about historical context, moron. I'm saying that verse does not tell Jews to kill anyone who doesn't believe in the Jewish god. It only tells them to kill apostates.

That is context. I don't believe you are allowed to use context - only literal quotes :)

No, that isn't context. That's reading what the words actually say.

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Read more: Bible Commands Christians to Kill Nonbelievers | Atheist Revolution

Ok...so...this one is not "kill unbelievers" - kill the apostates. How icky.

But like the Ginsu Knives - there's more...

2 Chronicles 15:13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Extortions? Christians are 'extorting' homosexuals?
What, Christians would bribe homosexuals if they could? I don't know- what's stopping them then?

What? The Christains need financial resources to extort money from homosexuals? And they don't have enough financial resources and that's what is stopping Christians from extorting money from homosexuals? What planet are you from? :) lololol

No you did. You suggested Christians would extort money from homosexuals if only the Christians had enough money to extort money from homosexuals. You're beginning to sound like a complete lunatic.

No you did. You suggested Christians would extort money from homosexuals if only the Christians had enough money to extort money from homosexuals. You're beginning to sound like a complete lunatic.

This was what you said - and what my answer applied to:

Wait wait wait - are you saying historical context matters? :eek:

hmmm, no, I'm not saying a thing about historical context, moron. I'm saying that verse does not tell Jews to kill anyone who doesn't believe in the Jewish god. It only tells them to kill apostates.

That is context. I don't believe you are allowed to use context - only literal quotes :)

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

2 Chronicles 15:13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Oh...but it does.

Deuteronomy is the Old Testament and the verse is directed at Moses and the Israelites. There weren't even any Christians yet. Duh.

I looked but I can't find anything where the Christians have denounced the OT - in fact, they seem quite enamored of it given their adherence to the Ten Commandments and all the anti-homosexuality creed.

Duh.

P.S. Since you do not allow context to be used in interpreting the Quran, please don't expect us to use context in interpreting the Bible ;)
Christians are of a different religion, they don't have to 'denounce' Judaism, just as they don't have to denounce Islam. There are a great many more commandments than 10. The ten are universal, things everyone should live by. Why throw the baby out with the bath water. Does Islam live by the 10 commandments - and no I don't mean the pillars.

So it's like a cafeteria - they can pick and choose?

Maybe you need to actually study with someone that does know the Bible. You might learn something of it, that you never knew, rather than believing all you read on the internet, from those just as unexposed as yourself.
Here for your pleasure-

Oh...but it does.

That is context. From what I understand, context is not allowed (well, at least not when it comes to Quranic verses).

See 229 and a reminder, the old testament was before Christ, therefore before Christianity.

Oh...but it does.

Duh.

I think it's pretty clear if Christians believed the Bible told them to kill non believers or anyone that didn't convert the body count would be pretty high by now

Well...think about that then.

If Muslims truly believed those sort of statements in the Quran - the body count would be astrononical - and not just by extremists.
The obdy count is astronomical, epecially if you go back the the 7th centry when Muslims slaughtered Christians by the tens of thousands.

I think it's pretty clear if Christians believed the Bible told them to kill non believers or anyone that didn't convert the body count would be pretty high by now

If Muslims truly believed those sort of statements in the Quran - the body count would be astrononical - and not just by extremists.
The obdy count is astronomical, epecially if you go back the the 7th centry when Muslims slaughtered Christians by the tens of thousands.

Wasn't that when the Christians were slaughtering the Muslims by the tens of thousands?

I don't care what crime she committed. We should respect her religious beliefs. How do you think she would feel if she were alive today to see this injustice?
She is in hell right now with her husband. If she were alive today? She'd repent and call on the Lord Jesus Christ to save her. It's too late now. Too late.

See 229 and a reminder, the old testament was before Christ, therefore before Christianity.

Duh.

Then why do you guys still use it to justify modern attitudes? Ten commandments at the court house...etc?

Maybe you need to actually study with someone that does know the Bible. You might learn something of it, that you never knew, rather than believing all you read on the internet, from those just as unexposed as yourself.

You could say the same thing about people spouting off Quranic verses...but you don't, do you?

Those commandments are still valid. Jesus tells us so in the New Testament, Matthew 22, as well as other verses within the New.
You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make idols.
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

Now, which of these do you find objectionable.

Duh.

Then why do you guys still use it to justify modern attitudes? Ten commandments at the court house...etc?

Those commandments are still valid. Jesus tells us so in the New Testament, Matthew 22, as well as other verses within the New.
You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make idols.
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

Now, which of these do you find objectionable.

First 4.

I have listened to many Imams, and their teachings, and explanations.. I lived a few doors down from a mosque. Maybe you should also visit different mosques. See the women, held behind the men. See the treatment of female children, by their fathers.

You could say the same thing about people spouting off Quranic verses...but you don't, do you?

Wasn't that when the Christians were slaughtering the Muslims by the tens of thousands?

In the beginning, it was all Muslims murdering Christians. Most of the land that is no Muslim was once Christian. Muslims slaughtered any Christian who dared to resist them. The rest of them were made to pay the tax on non Muslims.

Apparently you believe Christians aren't allowed to defend themselves.

Forum List

Back