🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I mean no disrespect...no, that's a lie. I mean all disrespect.

I think it's pretty clear if Christians believed the Bible told them to kill non believers or anyone that didn't convert the body count would be pretty high by now

Well...think about that then.

If Muslims truly believed those sort of statements in the Quran - the body count would be astrononical - and not just by extremists.
The obdy count is astronomical, epecially if you go back the the 7th centry when Muslims slaughtered Christians by the tens of thousands.

Wasn't that when the Christians were slaughtering the Muslims by the tens of thousands?

In the beginning, it was all Muslims murdering Christians. Most of the land that is no Muslim was once Christian. Muslims slaughtered any Christian who dared to resist them. The rest of them were made to pay the tax on non Muslims.

Apparently you believe Christians aren't allowed to defend themselves.

In the beginning...the slaughter went both ways dude. Excess is not defense and the Christians are no innocents in religious body counts. Get real.

Chronicles, the old testament
hmmm, no, I'm not saying a thing about historical context, moron. I'm saying that verse does not tell Jews to kill anyone who doesn't believe in the Jewish god. It only tells them to kill apostates.

That is context. I don't believe you are allowed to use context - only literal quotes :)

No, that isn't context. That's reading what the words actually say.

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Read more: Bible Commands Christians to Kill Nonbelievers | Atheist Revolution

Ok...so...this one is not "kill unbelievers" - kill the apostates. How icky.

But like the Ginsu Knives - there's more...

2 Chronicles 15:13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
You know nothing of the Bible. It does not say to kill those that do not convert.

Oh...but it does.

Bible Commands Christians to Kill Nonbelievers | Atheist Revolution
Deuteronomy is the Old Testament and the verse is directed at Moses and the Israelites. There weren't even any Christians yet. Duh.

I looked but I can't find anything where the Christians have denounced the OT - in fact, they seem quite enamored of it given their adherence to the Ten Commandments and all the anti-homosexuality creed.

Have Christians denounced the OT?

Duh.

P.S. Since you do not allow context to be used in interpreting the Quran, please don't expect us to use context in interpreting the Bible ;)
Christians are of a different religion, they don't have to 'denounce' Judaism, just as they don't have to denounce Islam. There are a great many more commandments than 10. The ten are universal, things everyone should live by. Why throw the baby out with the bath water. Does Islam live by the 10 commandments - and no I don't mean the pillars.

So it's like a cafeteria - they can pick and choose?
No. Ten of the commandments are universal, a good way for anyone/everyone to live. The rest are applicable to people following Judaism, ie Jews NOT Christians. Christians are not Jews so the other commandments are not applicable to them. If the Christians followed all of the commandments they would not be Christians, they'd be Jews.

Well, that is your right. But tell me what harm they bring you, by those that do believe? And, sadly, you do not know of the New Testament and Christ. I don't condemn you for your lack of faith. And something tells me there are some things in life you do have faith in that are unseen, even if for a moment. Faith in Christ is really no different. Only
Those commandments are still valid. Jesus tells us so in the New Testament, Matthew 22, as well as other verses within the New.
You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make idols.
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

Now, which of these do you find objectionable.

First 4.

That is context. I don't believe you are allowed to use context - only literal quotes :)

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

2 Chronicles 15:13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
Deuteronomy is the Old Testament and the verse is directed at Moses and the Israelites. There weren't even any Christians yet. Duh.

I looked but I can't find anything where the Christians have denounced the OT - in fact, they seem quite enamored of it given their adherence to the Ten Commandments and all the anti-homosexuality creed.

Duh.

P.S. Since you do not allow context to be used in interpreting the Quran, please don't expect us to use context in interpreting the Bible ;)
Christians are of a different religion, they don't have to 'denounce' Judaism, just as they don't have to denounce Islam. There are a great many more commandments than 10. The ten are universal, things everyone should live by. Why throw the baby out with the bath water. Does Islam live by the 10 commandments - and no I don't mean the pillars.

No. Ten of the commandments are universal, a good way for anyone/everyone to live. The rest are applicable to people following Judaism, ie Jews NOT Christians. Christians are not Jews so the other commandments are not applicable to them. If the Christians followed all of the commandments they would not be Christians, they'd be Jews.

What's good about worshipping only one God and no other?

I think it's pretty clear if Christians believed the Bible told them to kill non believers or anyone that didn't convert the body count would be pretty high by now

Well...think about that then.

If Muslims truly believed those sort of statements in the Quran - the body count would be astrononical - and not just by extremists.
The obdy count is astronomical, epecially if you go back the the 7th centry when Muslims slaughtered Christians by the tens of thousands.

Wasn't that when the Christians were slaughtering the Muslims by the tens of thousands?
You must be thinking of the counter crusades.

What is good about worshipping more than one?

Duh.

Duh.

It's less confusing?

Duh.

What's wrong with it?

Duh.

What's wrong with it?

What if I don't like my allocated God?

Y'all are getting off topic. I wanna bash the dead camel riding bitch some more!
Did I mention she is an ugly fuckin' ho and I am thrilled she will soon have maggots infesting her flesh?

Al Jazeera complained that showing this Muslim terrorist's face without it being covered is disrespectful.
Link?

Apparently he pulled it out of his ass.

It seems to be well stocked in there.
Well golly...

In the civilized world, people consider a terrorist killing more than a dozen innocent people is disrespectful.

Let's call it even...

Hashem Said on Twitter

The original tweet went out to ABC and has since been removed. It read:

Come on ABC…the family attorney says #TashfeenMalik wore a burqa that covered her face, and you're putting out pictures of her without it?

— Hashem Said (@hash_said) December 4, 2015

You can Google it...

Who the fuck is Tashfeen Malik? For that matter who the fuck is Hashem Said?

This is the OP's job, not ours. He didn't even bother to identify the pic. Kinda hard to proceed on the basis of absolutely nothing.

What's wrong with it?

In America you get to choose a different one. Who you thinking about?

What's wrong with it?

Not if you go by the Ten Commandments. Their pretty strict about following the right brand of deity.

Haven't decided yet...I'm kind of shopping for the best bargain.

What's wrong with it?

Then you must be true to yourself and 'denounce' him/her.
Become an agnostic and don't do any rebound stuff, and wait.

Allocated? By who?

What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with it?

Not if you go by the Ten Commandments. Their pretty strict about following the right brand of deity.

Haven't decided yet...I'm kind of shopping for the best bargain.
All religions try to keep their members, certainly Islam does so with some determination and gusto :)

Muslim Men are in complete control of Wives. He came home at lunch told me leave the baby with Granny and get the pipes, guns. We had some shooting & bombing to do. We pick up baby later. ,She must be good in bed? Anything the Man says goes.

just another day in the life of Muslim.

Feds are looking at Granny now cuz they think she knew in advance of their plans. Good. Throw her ass in jail and let the lady convicts deal with her.

Forum List

Back