I Miss The 'Good Ol' Days'...

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
...when politicians campaigned, after it was all over everyone rallied around the winner, no matter who it was or what party they were from. People realized that 'So goes the Presidency / Congress, so goes the NATION'. Everyone wanted what was best for the NATION, so they worked hard to ensure the person taking office was as successful as possible FOR THE GOOD OF THE NATION.

Party loyalty, back then though, did not surpass one's loyalty to his nation. I have never seen in my lifetime a nation so divided with loyalty for Party 1st and pure hatred for the other party that Americans a party would seditiously call for military coups and assassinations of the newly elected politician before he / she ever took office. I have never seen political 'leaders' declare they would oppose ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING - no matter what it was the newly elected politician sought to do based on pure partisan hatred, for the good of the party instead of uniting as a nation for the good of the nation.

I read today where one 'journalist' stated his opinion that this has become the 'new norm'. If it has, this nation is lost.

...will the last American out please bring the flag...

Buck up, buttercup! It's going to be OK, we're all Americans and the far left is running headlong off a cliff.

What this country needs is more mammas who see their kids on TV throwing rocks, looting, and rioting, who then come down to the protest area, whup their child's behind on national TV, and tells him / her to get their little ass home right 'NOW'!

:p

...when politicians campaigned, after it was all over everyone rallied around the winner, no matter who it was or what party they were from. People realized that 'So goes the Presidency / Congress, so goes the NATION'. Everyone wanted what was best for the NATION, so they worked hard to ensure the person taking office was as successful as possible FOR THE GOOD OF THE NATION.

Party loyalty, back then though, did not surpass one's loyalty to his nation. I have never seen in my lifetime a nation so divided with loyalty for Party 1st and pure hatred for the other party that Americans a party would seditiously call for military coups and assassinations of the newly elected politician before he / she ever took office. I have never seen political 'leaders' declare they would oppose ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING - no matter what it was the newly elected politician sought to do based on pure partisan hatred, for the good of the party instead of uniting as a nation for the good of the nation.

I read today where one 'journalist' stated his opinion that this has become the 'new norm'. If it has, this nation is lost.

What country was this in?

Not ours.....Except for When James Monroe was President...the Era of Good Feelings.

Not ours.....Except for When James Monroe was President...the Era of Good Feelings.
I was wondering, since after Washington was elected the country had a rebellion, and rumblings of mutiny...
rumble, rumble..Stop that rumbling...

I would not expect anyone BORN in the early 90s to understand / know. :p

To those 'born in the baptismal waters or Party 1st' political waters', no such time ever existed...or will again if they have anything to do with it.

I'm not sure when those good old days were? I recall going into work the day after the 1976 election and the guy in opposing cubicle was protesting the results by wearing a black arm band.

Party loyalty, back then though, did not surpass one's loyalty to his nation.
The irony of this coming from you, one of the most brainless parroting hacks on this forum, is just too fucking much! :lol:

When was this EXACTLY?

On the night of Barack Obama’s inauguration, a group of top GOP luminaries quietly gathered in a Washington steakhouse to lick their wounds and ultimately create the outline of a plan for how to deal with the incoming administration.[...]

After three hours of strategizing, they decided they needed to fight Obama on everything. The new president had no idea what the Republicans were planning.

The Republicans' Plan for the New President

When was this EXACTLY?

On the night of Barack Obama’s inauguration, a group of top GOP luminaries quietly gathered in a Washington steakhouse to lick their wounds and ultimately create the outline of a plan for how to deal with the incoming administration.[...]

After three hours of strategizing, they decided they needed to fight Obama on everything. The new president had no idea what the Republicans were planning.

'Party 1st'ers keep pointing to other 'Party 1st'ers as example of how this country was never THIS divided. I am not talking about 'Party 1st'ers being United. I am talking about the REAL country - the PEOPLE.

It is extremely sad, for example, that on 9/12/01 this country was NEVER so unified. In Nov 2016 rabid political supporters were calling for the Assassination of the newly elected President...for no other reason than because he had beaten their political candidate.

How truly far we have been manipulated, divided, and fallen.

'Nuff said.

When was this EXACTLY?

'Party 1st'ers keep pointing to other 'Party 1st'ers as example of how this country was never THIS divided. I am not talking about 'Party 1st'ers being United. I am talking about the REAL country - the PEOPLE.

It is extremely sad, for example, that on 9/12/01 this country was NEVER so unified. In Nov 2016 rabid political supporters were calling for the Assassination of the newly elected President...for no other reason than because he had beaten their political candidate.

How truly far we have been manipulated, divided, and fallen.

'Nuff said.

The american public sat on it's soft fat ass and watched concentrated corporate power and wealth restructure it's economic and political system pard. You see the same 'unity" in your corporate state apparatus today on any and all matters concerning war for profit and empire expansion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- my growing up was excellent , I sure wouldn't want to be a 10 year old that is aware of things today .

Someday, these will be the good old days
Will anyone be alive to remember them?
We're bringing back the good ole days with The Wall; it is to stop time and human evolution in its tracks, although to be fair, Nieto's check has not arrived yet.
---------------------------------------------------- I have told you many times that ' nietos ' check doesn't ever need to arrive . Trump has your taxpayer bucks Fenton .

Forum List

Back