I remember when America was normal.

That's awesome.

no, it is reality.

do you even understand why they separate teams by sex?

Why is it that people who offer simple arguments about complex subjects think that others want to keep having a simple minded discussion? This matter is complicated. Your dopey question ignores that fact. And you are clearly incapable of diving deeper....so you stay right there on the surface.

I'd argue that youth sports is EXACTLY the place where transgendered athletes should be permitted to express themselves freely.

I won't do so with you, however. You ain't ready.
If your born a female, you are a female, etc. Sure is a coincidence that these men saying they're women always win when competing with women.

They don't.

have you seen any stories about or known any transgendered athletes that are biologically male that have chosen to compete in women's gymnastics?

No.

and you have zero empathy for the other 90% of the team

That's awesome.

no, it is reality.

Why is it that people who offer simple arguments about complex subjects think that others want to keep having a simple minded discussion? This matter is complicated. Your dopey question ignores that fact. And you are clearly incapable of diving deeper....so you stay right there on the surface.

I'd argue that youth sports is EXACTLY the place where transgendered athletes should be permitted to express themselves freely.

If your born a female, you are a female, etc. Sure is a coincidence that these men saying they're women always win when competing with women.

They don't.
Why is it that people who offer simple arguments about subjects think that others want to keep having a simple minded discussion? This matter is complicated. Your dopey questions ignores that fact. And you are clearly incapable of diving deeper....so you stay right there on the surface.

When people have nothing left, they make the matter so complicated it can never actually be addressed. That way they can just go "well, it is complicated" and walk away feel good about themselves.

how about this...we divide teams by sex as they were originally and not gender? Then it is no longer a complicated issue when it comes to youth sports.

Or how about we get rid of all sex based sports and just integrate all sports?

Do you have kids of your own?

I'm beginning to really question your libertarian bonafides. You should work on that.

I'm now "making it complicated"? How about that.

And yes. I've got three grown children. Two of whom are athletes. I see the big picture and I know that youth sports serve many purposes which are not hindered by allowing transgendered athletes to be themselves.
Yes, they are hindered. You're denying reality. Just because a man puts on lipstick and eyeliner, it doesn't make him a female.

I'm beginning to really question your libertarian bonafides. You should work on that.

Because I think that boys should compete with boys and girls with girls you question my libertarian bonafides? Is that a joke? You do understand the only reaons it is allowed to happen is because the government has forced them to at the risk of being sued.

Yes, you are. So, tell me what is wrong with my plan of basing teams on sex and not gender? There is never any confusion about what sex a person is as there is with gender.

And yes. I've got three grown children. Two of whom are athletes. I see the big picture and I know that youth sports serve many purposes which are not hindered by allowing transgendered athletes to be themselves.

I assume you are ok with transgendered athletes competing in the Olympics or professional sports based upon the gender they feel like they are?

This isn't a matter of how they "feel" like they are, moron. It is their gender.

The Olympics and professional sports present an even more complex set of issues. That is why gender testing is done in those cases. Athletes must meet standards for testosterone, etc. That's why youth sports is the best place to allow these individuals to express themselves freely.

And yes. A libertarian doesn't object to individuals doing whatever they wish so long as the life or liberty or property of others is not taken. Right? Your objection to transgendered youth athletes playing on teams according to their gender is not based in libertarian ideology. It's you expressing your discomfort about those weirdos. Own it.
I'll own it. I agree, they are weirdos. Be what you are, male or female. This is nothing but playing mind games in order to have an advantage.

no, it is reality.

They don't.

have you seen any stories about or known any transgendered athletes that are biologically male that have chosen to compete in women's gymnastics?

No.

I wonder why that is....:21:

Wow are the RWNJs concerned with trannies.

Almost have to wonder if they're struggling with a life decision

Because I think that boys should compete with boys and girls with girls you question my libertarian bonafides? Is that a joke? You do understand the only reaons it is allowed to happen is because the government has forced them to at the risk of being sued.

Yes, you are. So, tell me what is wrong with my plan of basing teams on sex and not gender? There is never any confusion about what sex a person is as there is with gender.

I assume you are ok with transgendered athletes competing in the Olympics or professional sports based upon the gender they feel like they are?

This isn't a matter of how they "feel" like they are, moron. It is their gender.

The Olympics and professional sports present an even more complex set of issues. That is why gender testing is done in those cases. Athletes must meet standards for testosterone, etc. That's why youth sports is the best place to allow these individuals to express themselves freely.

And yes. A libertarian doesn't object to individuals doing whatever they wish so long as the life or liberty or property of others is not taken. Right? Your objection to transgendered youth athletes playing on teams according to their gender is not based in libertarian ideology. It's you expressing your discomfort about those weirdos. Own it.
I'll own it. I agree, they are weirdos. Be what you are, male or female. This is nothing but playing mind games in order to have an advantage.
The vast overwhelming majority of those who change sex are NOT "looking for an advantage"

Jesus grow up people.

The vast overwhelming majority of those who change sex are NOT "looking for an advantage"

Jesus grow up people.
They're mentally ill.

They don't.

No.

Because I don't follow gymnastics?

Is there anything less interesting than a person with a simple minded argument pretending to score a point like that?

What is gender? How is gender determined? If it is more than a feeling, what about gender fluidity? Some days you feel more like a boy than a girl, other days you feel more like a girl than a boy. What do we do with these folks? Do they get to change from day to day which team the are competing for?

But there is no testing in youth sports, because nobody has undergone any physiological changes. In Olympics and professional sports they do not test for gender, they test for sex. Those things you listed are markers of one's sex. Gender is not a biological term and thus cannot be tested for in such a way. Also, in Olympics and professional sports these test are done to ensure a level playing field and even that fails.

But they are taking the liberty of others, they are denying the youth the right to compete against other of their sex on a level plane. Also, it is being done not by free choice but by under the strong arm of the government, which is why anyone that is a libertarian would object to such a thing taking place

What is gender? How is gender determined? If it is more than a feeling, what about gender fluidity? Some days you feel more like a boy than a girl, other days you feel more like a girl than a boy. What do we do with these folks? Do they get to change from day to day which team the are competing for?

But there is no testing in youth sports, because nobody has undergone any physiological changes. In Olympics and professional sports they do not test for gender, they test for sex. Those things you listed are markers of one's sex. Gender is not a biological term and thus cannot be tested for in such a way. Also, in Olympics and professional sports these test are done to ensure a level playing field and even that fails.

But they are taking the liberty of others, they are denying the youth the right to compete against other of their sex on a level plane. Also, it is being done not by free choice but by under the strong arm of the government, which is why anyone that is a libertarian would object to such a thing taking place

Lots of BS there. Especially that last paragraph. Good job.

They don't.

No.

Because I don't follow gymnastics?

Is there anything less interesting than a person with a simple minded argument pretending to score a point like that?

Simple is most often the right argument.

People needlessly complicate things as it ensures there can never be a counter argument. Perhaps you have heard of Occam's razor which states that "simpler solutions are more likely to be correct than complex ones".

Also, it makes people feel smarter inside to say how complicated things are, they can tell themselves they are so far above the others that they just do not understand.

Lots of BS there. Especially that last paragraph. Good job.

I accept your surrender.

Jesus grow up people.

the discussion is not about those that changed sex, but those that changed gender, as well as those that are gender fluid and their gender changes from day to day

Jesus grow up people.

the discussion is not about those that changed sex, but those that changed gender, as well as those that are gender fluid and their gender changes from day to day

Is there a case of a gender fluid athlete seeking to play on both boys and girls teams?

One case?

Jesus grow up people.

Is there a case of a gender fluid athlete seeking to play on both boys and girls teams?

One case?

Who knows, these things do not all make the news.

Should the gender fluid athlete get to play on both boys and girls teams?

Wow are the RWNJs concerned with trannies.

Almost have to wonder if they're struggling with a life decision

This obsession they have with trannies and gays seems a little unhealthy or even borders on latency. The latter I would guess, just come out you guys and face your fears.

Jesus grow up people.

One case?

Do any want to?

Jesus grow up people.

One case?

Do any want to?

irrelevant.

According to you this is a complicated issue, and thus such decisions should be worked out long before they become an problem.

Why are you running away from answering?

Jesus grow up people.

One case?

Do any want to?

irrelevant.

According to you this is a complicated issue, and thus such decisions should be worked out long before they become an problem.

Why are you running away from answering?

I'm not running. I'm considering it. I'm trying to see if there are cases which I can refer to.

I've never heard of gender fluidity being an issue in youth sports.

You must have, though.

Forum List

Back