“I Rented an Electric Car for a Four-Day Road Trip. I Spent More Time Charging It Than I Did Sleeping.”

To tell you the truth, it's an inconvenience to have to charge every 250-300 miles....depending on the vehicle.
If a person is traveling in a car, it would be an unacceptable method of transportation, IMO.

For you, it's really not your decision on what is acceptable for others.

You don't have an EV? That surprises me.

I did. A Ford C-Max. It didn't go all that far on a charge but I was interested in trying it out. It was rear ended and I decided I would rather retire than go into debt for a new car.

For you, it's really not your decision on what is acceptable for others.
I do believe I would be speaking for the masses here in America. These vehicles aren't cheap and
they are charged by sources using fossil fuels no doubt.
I like what you said, ".... it's really not your decision....."
Sounds like something the government will be dictating to us over this topic one day

I do believe I would be speaking for the masses here in America. These vehicles aren't cheap and
they are charged by sources using fossil fuels no doubt.
I like what you said, ".... it's really not your decision....."
Sounds like something the government will be dictating to us over this topic one day

Maybe after we are long gone. EV's are a growing segment of car sales.

Global electric car sales have continued their strong growth in 2022 after breaking records last year - News - IEA

To tell you the truth, it's an inconvenience to have to charge every 250-300 miles....depending on the vehicle.
If a person is traveling in a car, it would be an unacceptable method of transportation, IMO.

Yeah it would.
I'm one of those guys that gets on the highway and drives for 16 hours or until the energy drinks run out.
I want to get where the fuck I'm going with as few stops as possible.
I always tell the Wife...you gotta take a leak? We have a four door pickup,I'll pull off the freeway and you can open both doors and squat.

It also wasn't comparing apples to apples.
Dude, too many from your tent are always crying on how the oil companies
are gouging us. Which is inherently a lie. I gave real numbers, that's all I did.
Are you one of those, people?

Dude, too many from your tent are always crying on how the oil companies
are gouging us. Which is inherently a lie. I gave real numbers, that's all I did.
Are you one of those, people?

Bite me. You are discussing this with me. Don't go rambling about what some others supposedly argue because you can't address what I am saying

You posted something saying oil is making 6.5% NET profit while the government makes 18 cents. That is not comparing apples to apples.

Avery Siwinski is a 17-year-old who's parents spent $11,000 on a used Ford Focus Electric car, which is a 2014 model and had about 60,000 miles...

The teenager had the car for six months before it began giving her issues...

...after taking it to a repair shop, the family eventually found out that the car's battery would need to be replaced...

The problem? A battery for the electric car costs $14,000...

However, the family found out that there weren't any batteries of that type available anymore because the Ford model is discontinued...

Imagine paying $14,000.00 to fill your tank...

Forum List

Back