“I Rented an Electric Car for a Four-Day Road Trip. I Spent More Time Charging It Than I Did Sleeping.”

No, the gas tank size varies and is based on giving you around a 500 mile range, regardless of mpg.
But you should be angry at people getting 20 mpg because they are polluting more and using up fossil fuel more.

The problem is not whether or not one like EVs or not, but that they are a hoax.

Odd, I see people getting from point A to point B all the time. I wasn't aware that these were all figments of our imaginations.

I suppose for the same reason we provide so many oil subsidies.
You stupid uneducated Moon Bats often confuse legitimate business expenses for subsidies. The same expenses all other business get. Big difference between oil companies getting to deduct the cost of oil exploration from taxes and the goddamn EV industry getting charging stations built by tax money.

However, if you don't like the oil companies getting what you idiots think are subsidies then why don't you join me in advocating that we do away with ALL government subsidies?

No welfare, grants, entitlements, bailouts, foreign aid or subsidies? Sound fair?

If you wish to reply like an adult great. Otherwise.........................
You idiots don't even understand that Potatohead is driving up the cost of gas at the pump with terrible Environmental Wacko policies so that is positive proof that you are stupid and uneducated.

However, it could be that like the rest of us you know that he is fucking up but being the dishonest Moon Bats you are you deny it.

Which is it? Stupid or dishonest?

Now imagine 5 million electric cars in L.A. all needing charging.

“As a smug EV evangelist and self-proclaimed EV expert, I rolled my eyes. “They just didn’t plan well enough,” I thought to myself, not realizing I was merely hoisting myself on my own petard. A few weeks later, it was time to drive from DC to Watkins Glen in the Finger Lakes region of New York, this time in a BMW iX. And despite plenty of planning, I still spent almost as much time stationary, arguing with charging machinery, as I did actually pulling electrons into the car’s battery pack throughout the 600-mile journey.”

I have an idea that just may work.....I'll bet nobody has ever thought of this before.
Those with odd number for the last digit charges on odd days.
Those with even numbers for the last digit charges on even days.

Easy peasy, problem solved. :auiqs.jpg:

You idiots don't even understand that Potatohead is driving up the cost of gas at the pump with terrible Environmental Wacko policies so that is positive proof that you are stupid and uneducated.

However, it could be that like the rest of us you know that he is fucking up but being the dishonest Moon Bats you are you deny it.

Which is it? Stupid or dishonest?

Both is not out of the question.

“As a smug EV evangelist and self-proclaimed EV expert, I rolled my eyes. “They just didn’t plan well enough,” I thought to myself, not realizing I was merely hoisting myself on my own petard. A few weeks later, it was time to drive from DC to Watkins Glen in the Finger Lakes region of New York, this time in a BMW iX. And despite plenty of planning, I still spent almost as much time stationary, arguing with charging machinery, as I did actually pulling electrons into the car’s battery pack throughout the 600-mile journey.”

That word "pretard"......
I've always believed it should be "retard" it makes so much more sense.

A BMW will charge in just over 1.5 hours at 440V. Fast chargers which are all over the place charge up to 600V. Pulling up to someone's house and using their dryer plug is hardly the wisest wat to travel across country.

Surely you have a link to backup your retarded statement.

Yeah, enjoyed laughing at the EV owners sitting in 100 degree weather in their cars as I took 5 minutes under shade to fill my tank while driving around America this summer.

You should have done a victory lap around the car chargers and honked as you pulled back onto the highway.

Where is all this electricity to charge the EV's coming from?
Asking for a friend

Why would you laugh at them? Do you laugh at everyone that makes choices other than yours?

"Hahaha, you fool, you bought Jif Peanut butter when obviously Skippy is better"

Are you really this petty? (no need to answer as the answer is obvious)

Should I laugh at the guy who bought a car that gets 20mpg when mine gets 40mpg because he has to stop twice as often as I do to refuel?
You don't have an EV? That surprises me.

It goes 280 miles. Most people after driving 4-5 hours will stop to eat. Most electric cars will also charge up to 80% in a fraction of a full charge. Once it gets to 80% the charging slows down. So in the time it takes even a regular person to eat their car could be charged for another 225 miles.

But then I fail to see the issue. If you don't want to buy one, don't. There are a lot of things I have no intention of buying but I dont feel a need to go around proclaiming it all the time.

I had no idea restaurants had charging stations....

I had no idea restaurants had charging stations....
To tell you the truth, it's an inconvenience to have to charge every 250-300 miles....depending on the vehicle.
If a person is traveling in a car, it would be an unacceptable method of transportation, IMO.

Forum List

Back