🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I see no way that Obama gets impeached

I see no reason why President Obama would be impeached.

I think that the dance between Republicanism and Liberalism in America is a beautiful thing to watch. I just hope that they both continue in a Capitalist vein with both parties unable to seriously damage the long term sustainability of either party platforms.

America is the great exercise in Democracy and I don't see a fail coming.

Impeachment is a political process not a legal one. The House simply needs a majority vote to impeach. The term "high crimes" misleads people into believing a crime must be committed, America has no "high crimes" that was a British term. One of the crimes Johnson was accused of was that he spoke disrespectfully about the Congress.
The question politicians have to decide when voting in the impeachment process is will my vote help or hurt me in the next election, and for most, that's their total reason for being.

Nonsense.

I agree that it is ofetn treated as mere cheap politics, but that is not what it is supposed to be about.

If your "thesis" were true, then any time we had a HOUSE majority from a political Party other than the President's political Party, impeachments would have been common.

Impeachments are the tiny exception, not the rule. Johnson & Bubba (plus an effort that likely WOULD have become another impeachment in the case of Nixon).

I have spoken and it is so. Anyway perhaps the value of talking impeachment is as valuable as the act? How many times have politicians talked of impeaching and done nothing? Truman was threatened as was Reagan along with other presidents, but nothing.
Which political party did the impeachment of Clinton help or hurt the most? To impeach and find not guilty can bite. All the time and money spent and nothing. So far no president has ever been removed. But the talk does get people stirred.
Kennedy in his book, Profiles in Courage devotes one profile to Ross of Kansas and his impeachment vote.

I think that the dance between Republicanism and Liberalism in America is a beautiful thing to watch. I just hope that they both continue in a Capitalist vein with both parties unable to seriously damage the long term sustainability of either party platforms.

This is more than a time honored dance. The government is becoming insanely corrupt. Health insurance premiums have more than doubled in CA since Obamacare was passed and we haven't even started it yet:

Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums By 64-146% - Forbes

Obama's regime knows no bounds and there are going to be major consequences. People like you look at it as merely entertainment and that's sad. Maybe, when it becomes real for you, your viewpoint will quickly change.

Impeachment is a political process not a legal one. The House simply needs a majority vote to impeach. The term "high crimes" misleads people into believing a crime must be committed, America has no "high crimes" that was a British term. One of the crimes Johnson was accused of was that he spoke disrespectfully about the Congress.
The question politicians have to decide when voting in the impeachment process is will my vote help or hurt me in the next election, and for most, that's their total reason for being.

Nonsense.

I agree that it is ofetn treated as mere cheap politics, but that is not what it is supposed to be about.

If your "thesis" were true, then any time we had a HOUSE majority from a political Party other than the President's political Party, impeachments would have been common.

Impeachments are the tiny exception, not the rule. Johnson & Bubba (plus an effort that likely WOULD have become another impeachment in the case of Nixon).

I have spoken and it is so. Anyway perhaps the value of talking impeachment is as valuable as the act? How many times have politicians talked of impeaching and done nothing? Truman was threatened as was Reagan along with other presidents, but nothing.
Which political party did the impeachment of Clinton help or hurt the most? To impeach and find not guilty can bite. All the time and money spent and nothing. So far no president has ever been removed. But the talk does get people stirred.
Kennedy in his book, Profiles in Courage devotes one profile to Ross of Kansas and his impeachment vote.

A vote which, contrary to PARTY politics, adhered to the notion that the Constitution might just have MEANT what it clearly SAID.

Modern Dems make the Zombies in "Walking Dead" look thoughtful and insightful. Obama is a total fucking scumbag with blood on his hands and Dems love and worship him

The Pope is more likely to be impeached than Obama. Just conjuring up conspiracy theories won't push Obama out of office.

Conjuring? This is as real as it gets without concentration camps and genocide.

If that's as real as it gets, then the GOP is just wasting taxpayer money and time they could be using to work on creating jobs. Oh, never mind, I forgot the main goal for the GOP was to make sure that Obama was a one-term President. Oops, I guess that didn't work either, maybe they just want Biden for President sooooooooooo bad! :eusa_whistle:

Modern Dems make the Zombies in "Walking Dead" look thoughtful and insightful. Obama is a total fucking scumbag with blood on his hands and Dems love and worship him

Oooh, now you are just spewing hateful vitriol.....you sound like the Zombies in the Walking Dead with all that hateful rhetoric. :eusa_whistle:

There is not going to be any impeachment much less a Senate trial and conviction.

But if that is not clear enough, let me share one thought just expressed by my new bestest pal, the lovely and talented Kotex.

IF The ONE were to get impeached and convicted and booted the fuck out of Office (for some hypothetical high crime and/or misdemeanor), then we would all be saddled with a President Biden. <<shudder>>

Biden, formerly the dumbest man in the U.S. Senate, is an abject buffoon. Do we REALLY want that moron at the helm?

God Speed President Obama. Stay healthy.

There is not going to be any impeachment much less a Senate trial and conviction.

But if that is not clear enough, let me share one thought just expressed by my new bestest pal, the lovely and talented Kotex.
I'm so glad you at least recognize loveliness and talent - perhaps some might rub off on you..........eh, nah, I seriously doubt it.

IF The ONE were to get impeached and convicted and booted the fuck out of Office (for some hypothetical high crime and/or misdemeanor), then we would all be saddled with a President Biden. <<shudder>>
That would still be better than a Romney, a Rubio and heaven forbid, a Palin or a Bachmann! :eek:

Biden, formerly the dumbest man in the U.S. Senate, is an abject buffoon. Do we REALLY want that moron at the helm?
Since conservatives have already displayed their abject ignorance by thinking that a Bachmann or (heaven help us) Palin would make a good Presidential candidate, you seriously have no business declaring anyone a moron. Just because you think like a moron, doesn't make others a moron. :badgrin:

Amen, now quit making up conspiracy theories, it's beginning to look pathetic.

This is more than a time honored dance. The government is becoming insanely corrupt. Health insurance premiums have more than doubled in CA since Obamacare was passed and we haven't even started it yet:

Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums By 64-146% - Forbes

Obama's regime knows no bounds and there are going to be major consequences. People like you look at it as merely entertainment and that's sad. Maybe, when it becomes real for you, your viewpoint will quickly change.

I don't see the danger you see. I see an ebb and flow and believe that the next few election terms will likely follow a smoothing out of the system.

The Republicans are more than ready. They're just waiting for a leader.

So, yes I find the possibilities interesting and who knows what will really happen.

Certainly my view or opinion isn't going to change that reality. I think that this is what shields me from dramatizing US Politics.

There's media enough doing that. :)

Oooh, now you are just spewing hateful vitriol.....you sound like the Zombies in the Walking Dead with all that hateful rhetoric. :eusa_whistle:

Obama didn't even know Holder worked for the government until he read it in the newspaper!

I don't see the danger you see. I see an ebb and flow and believe that the next few election terms will likely follow a smoothing out of the system.

The Republicans are more than ready. They're just waiting for a leader.

So, yes I find the possibilities interesting and who knows what will really happen.

Certainly my view or opinion isn't going to change that reality. I think that this is what shields me from dramatizing US Politics.

There's media enough doing that. :)

I agree that one of us meager peons won't make any difference and that we shouldn't let this nonsense bog us down. But, I hope you come to the realization that this is not politics as usual. A house built on sand cannot stand. Our exponentially increasing corruption will have dire consequences.

I'm so glad you at least recognize loveliness and talent - perhaps some might rub off on you..........eh, nah, I seriously doubt it.

Alas, you are a liberal thus you only imagine that you are clever. You don't even grasp obvious sarcasm.

Oh well.

Amen, now quit making up conspiracy theories, it's beginning to look pathetic.

Hey Kotex, I realize you are stupid and delusional, but what "conspiracy" theory have I made up, you dishonest twit?

You ARE pathetic.

Fact.

:thup:

Forum List

Back