I sent a suggestion to CNBC about debate no. 3

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
based on the train of thought in this thread, starting with this posting:

Here We Go Again Upcoming GOP Debate Moderator Comes Out Against Trump Page 6 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I sent an email to CNBC, which will be hosting the 3rd Republican debate, in Colorado.

Here's the email:

"I have a suggestion for the team that is organizing the debates in October and I would appreciate you sending this suggestion directly to them.

A lot of press is being made about how much time Donald Trump took up at the first debate and also how at least one CNN moderator slated for the upcoming September debate is already openly showing partiality against Trump. Both of these things are eating up time and energy and taking away from the actual issues at hand.

I have an idea that would make all of this moot.

1.) Put together 15-20 questions that would apply to every candidate, on economic issues, issues of the day that every candidate should be in the know about. Put the questions in envelopes, so that someone must open the envelope in order to read the question. Put the questions in a box. Shuffle the box. The candidates would not know the exact content of the questions, but would know that in this case, in the case of your debate, that the questions have to do with economics issues, for instance.

2.) Have two lottery machines at the ready for the debate, each one filled with balls bearing the names of the candidates. The recipient of each question would be decided by letting the lottery machine spit out one of the balls, and the rebuttal would be given by the person whose name is spit out by the second lottery machine. In the case of the same name appearing for the rebuttal as for the question recipient, a new ball would be drawn. The rebuttal ball would be drawn AFTER the candidate has already completely answered the question, which would force the candidates who are not answering the question to pay especially close attention.

3.) No one can get a second question or give a second rebuttal until all have had one question and given one rebuttal. When the first round is done, then the balls go back into the machines and away we go for round 2 and so on.

4.) Strict time limits for answers, with microphones automatically going off after the 10 second warning.

In this way, the debate stays purely on the issues and no moderator can be accused of partiality nor can one candidate "hog" the debate.

And, the candidates would have to show how sharp their thinking is. For after all, is that not what debates are SUPPOSED to be about?

This kind of debate could be most enlightening.

I hope your debate team will consider this proposal. Also, an answer to my email would be much appreciated.

Best,

XXXXX"

Thoughts?

I agree debates are to ask quests on the "issues", and Trumps personal feelings on Rosie or other women have little to do with the issues.

Here We Go Again Upcoming GOP Debate Moderator Comes Out Against Trump Page 6 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I sent an email to CNBC, which will be hosting the 3rd Republican debate, in Colorado.

Here's the email:

"I have a suggestion for the team that is organizing the debates in October and I would appreciate you sending this suggestion directly to them.

A lot of press is being made about how much time Donald Trump took up at the first debate and also how at least one CNN moderator slated for the upcoming September debate is already openly showing partiality against Trump. Both of these things are eating up time and energy and taking away from the actual issues at hand.

1.) Put together 15-20 questions that would apply to every candidate, on economic issues, issues of the day that every candidate should be in the know about. Put the questions in envelopes, so that someone must open the envelope in order to read the question. Put the questions in a box. Shuffle the box. The candidates would not know the exact content of the questions, but would know that in this case, in the case of your debate, that the questions have to do with economics issues, for instance.

2.) Have two lottery machines at the ready for the debate, each one filled with balls bearing the names of the candidates. The recipient of each question would be decided by letting the lottery machine spit out one of the balls, and the rebuttal would be given by the person whose name is spit out by the second lottery machine. In the case of the same name appearing for the rebuttal as for the question recipient, a new ball would be drawn. The rebuttal ball would be drawn AFTER the candidate has already completely answered the question, which would force the candidates who are not answering the question to pay especially close attention.

3.) No one can get a second question or give a second rebuttal until all have had one question and given one rebuttal. When the first round is done, then the balls go back into the machines and away we go for round 2 and so on.

4.) Strict time limits for answers, with microphones automatically going off after the 10 second warning.

In this way, the debate stays purely on the issues and no moderator can be accused of partiality nor can one candidate "hog" the debate.

And, the candidates would have to show how sharp their thinking is. For after all, is that not what debates are SUPPOSED to be about?

I hope your debate team will consider this proposal. Also, an answer to my email would be much appreciated.

Best,

XXXXX"

Thoughts?

Yeah, that's OK. What about a steel cage death match.

Actually stats yours is a far better idea

• Banned

Here's the email:

Best,

XXXXX"

Thoughts?

Yeah, that's OK. What about a steel cage death match.

Actually stats yours is a far better idea
Lol!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Here's the email:

Best,

XXXXX"

Thoughts?
Yes, I am more interested in addressing the issues than spending time on SCOTUS decided matters.
On the other hand, I do not think CNN has the balls… I mean enough balls.. oh.. nevermind….

Here's the email:

Best,

XXXXX"

Thoughts?
Yes, I am more interested in addressing the issues than spending time on SCOTUS decided matters.
On the other hand, I do not think CNN has the balls… I mean enough balls.. oh.. nevermind….
I didn't send a mail to CNN. Look again.

Last edited:

Here's the email:

Best,

XXXXX"

Thoughts?
I didn't send a mail to CNN. Look again.

Opps!!! (is it too early around here???)

Forum List

Back