I think being critical of the side you believe in is more important than being critical of the opposition.

Obviously you need to be critical of the opposition and point at their issues, but I think it's even more important to focus on keeping your own side honest and consistent. Both parties have gone to shit, and I think it's in large part because so few people are willing to police their own side. They're too busy making excuses and trying to save face. Some of you will bend yourselves in a pretzel to avoid honest criticism of the party you vote for. Why?

You are absolutely correct and many people will use the exercise “ well look at your side it does this and that “ while ignoring the major failure of your own side...

Take a moment and let use George W. Bush and Barrack Obama and the left would point to Bush invasion of Iraq and condemn it but when Obama was President they were mainly silent of Obama usage of drones that killed many innocent civilians and that is why Obama in some circles is dubbed the drone President...

Then let look at Trump immigration policy and how the left slammed Trump daily for his policies while ignoring the fact Obama tore families apart and never kept his promise to fix immigration in his first term...

Then you had Harry Reid sit on bills in the Senate and not once did the left complain about him holding up bills from the House but McConnell holding them up is a sin in the left eye...

Then you had McConnell and the right tell us we couldn’t seat a Justice during a lame duck Presidential year that was also a election year but then he turn around and allow Trump to appoint one so close to the election.

Then you have to so call fiscal Conservatives that become big spenders when Trump became President but will pretend to be fiscal hawks with Biden and Harris...

So both sides are full of shit and should be called on it!
Why were us liberals upset with invading Iraq? It was the number of Americans who died Because he lied.

How many us soldiers died fighting obamas wars? None?

Suddenly you care about collateral damage in the war on terror?

No one died during Obama years as President?

Also you are not Liberal but you are Progressive and should learn the damn difference instead of trying to pretend to be something you are not!

Also I was against the invasion of Iraq and from my Slate days I was outspoken about it but unlike you I did not accept the lies that either political party peddled and hold both sides accountable for their lies!

Now why did you lie about the amount of deaths during Obama years and seeing he accepted the responsibility of both invasions make those Wars also his Wars during his tenure in Office!

See that is the point the OP was making and yet you proved to be a blind partisan whore as usual!
How many Americans died in Yemen after the Obama war started? Cons talk about Obama’s wars. Who died? How many? I suppose Obama was wrong for taking out bin Ladin in Pakistan?

I suppose Obama was wrong for taking out bin Ladin in Pakistan?

Right and wrong are subjective. I do know that we wasted a whole lot of blood in treasure in the Middle East, far more than was lost on 9/11. We hurt ourselves far more than we had been hurt, for what? Vengeance? Was it worth it?

Obviously you need to be critical of the opposition and point at their issues, but I think it's even more important to focus on keeping your own side honest and consistent. Both parties have gone to shit, and I think it's in large part because so few people are willing to police their own side. They're too busy making excuses and trying to save face. Some of you will bend yourselves in a pretzel to avoid honest criticism of the party you vote for. Why?

You are absolutely correct and many people will use the exercise “ well look at your side it does this and that “ while ignoring the major failure of your own side...

Take a moment and let use George W. Bush and Barrack Obama and the left would point to Bush invasion of Iraq and condemn it but when Obama was President they were mainly silent of Obama usage of drones that killed many innocent civilians and that is why Obama in some circles is dubbed the drone President...

Then let look at Trump immigration policy and how the left slammed Trump daily for his policies while ignoring the fact Obama tore families apart and never kept his promise to fix immigration in his first term...

Then you had Harry Reid sit on bills in the Senate and not once did the left complain about him holding up bills from the House but McConnell holding them up is a sin in the left eye...

Then you had McConnell and the right tell us we couldn’t seat a Justice during a lame duck Presidential year that was also a election year but then he turn around and allow Trump to appoint one so close to the election.

Then you have to so call fiscal Conservatives that become big spenders when Trump became President but will pretend to be fiscal hawks with Biden and Harris...

So both sides are full of shit and should be called on it!
Now you are someone who admonishes both parties. It must be the unity thing.

Right and wrong are subjective. I do know that we wasted a whole lot of blood in treasure in the Middle East, far more than was lost on 9/11. We hurt ourselves far more than we had been hurt, for what? Vengeance? Was it worth it?
Taking out terrorists who are plotting to attack inside the USA is worth it. We let bin Ladin free in Afghanistan and so no safe havens For terrorists.

Trump was horrible. He deserved to be attacked.
Ok

biden is more horrible and he deserves to be attacked even more

when are libs going to learn?

any game you can invent conservatives can learn to play
Biden is not more horrible, Obama was not more horrible than bush and we should have elected gore in 2000. It’d be a much better world.
Prog politicians are salt of the earth. They are on a prescribed agenda. Working with any Repubs who are of the same.

Taking out terrorists who are plotting to attack inside the USA is worth it. We let bin Ladin free in Afghanistan and so no safe havens For terrorists.

Wasting money and lives in the Middle East isn't really going to make us safer at home. If anything it'll piss people off even more and put us more at risk. We wasted all of those lives and all of that money for vengeance, nothing else.

Biden is not more horrible, Obama was not more horrible than bush and we should have elected gore in 2000. It’d be a much better world.
You forgot to include trump in that kumbaya

so we are right back where we started

its bidens turn to get his

Iraq was not worth it. They had nothing to do with 9-11 and gave Arabs another reason to rightfully hate us. We invaded a sovereign nation for oil and defense contracts. Haloburton was chaneys company. So obvious.

We should have focused on afganistan and taken the taliban out and owned that country so our bombers can day or night take out evil doers who would cause our country harm.

Was Obama right for taking out terrorists in libya and Yemen? Hell yes.

Dont forget trump bombed an Iranian general at an airport. Anything that they do back makes it trumps war.

Iraq was not worth it. They had nothing to do with 9-11 and gave Arabs another reason to rightfully hate us. We invaded a sovereign nation for oil and defense contracts. Haloburton was chaneys company. So obvious.

We should have focused on afganistan and taken the taliban out and owned that country so our bombers can day or night take out evil doers who would cause our country harm.

Dont forget trump bombed an Iranian general at an airport. Anything that they do back makes it trumps war.

I don't think any of it was worth it.

... We invaded a sovereign nation for oil and defense contracts. .....

That is not true.
Why did we do it? Don’t forget the reason or justification changed five times. First it was wmds, later it was to liberate the Iraqi people then they we showed us their blue thumbs.

Thats what we need. Blue thumbs if you voted. That will solve our rigged election problem.

Why did we invade?

I don't think any of it was worth it.
So what would you have done after bin Ladin in Afghanistan took credit for 9-11?

Being HONEST about both those you support and those you don't is "critical"

I have been critical of both sides my whole life. I have voted for more Democrats than Republicans in my life.

But I have to call them like I see them..and the Democrat party has been the biggest shit show on the planet for the past decade or so.

Democrats seem to be actively trying to destroy America, and that's something that anyone should be able to recognize, and understand needs to change for the betterment of future generations of Americans.

You are half right

we should have only invaded afghanistan.

but never mind occupying it for eternity

we should have killed every taliban and foreign fighter we could find in six months and then leave

Last edited:

Forum List

Back