I think being critical of the side you believe in is more important than being critical of the opposition.

You're part of it regardless of whether or not you're honest and introspective. Your single vote is inconsequential in the grand scheme of it all.

Why bothering voting then? Is it because we need to be collectively responsible?
It's for self protection. Not voting means brain damaged senile pedophiles can inflict all their nefarious schemes on you without opposition.
Some of you will bend yourselves in a pretzel to avoid honest criticism of the party you vote for. Why?
One reason is that the opposition is just as pumped up to criticize the president

trump for instance was attacked personally from the first minute that he won the nomination

and it got even worse after he was elected
How odd, because it was an eight-year honeymoon for President Obama, right?

Yes it was.
That RWNJ selective memory loss strikes again. Not unexpected.

1609714082503.png
If all that evidence was so compelling, why was the impeached president trump's crack(pot) legal team laughed out of court sooooo many times?

Obviously you need to be critical of the opposition and point at their issues, but I think it's even more important to focus on keeping your own side honest and consistent. Both parties have gone to shit, and I think it's in large part because so few people are willing to police their own side. They're too busy making excuses and trying to save face. Some of you will bend yourselves in a pretzel to avoid honest criticism of the party you vote for. Why?
What happens if one believes both sides suck?

Obviously you need to be critical of the opposition and point at their issues, but I think it's even more important to focus on keeping your own side honest and consistent. Both parties have gone to shit, and I think it's in large part because so few people are willing to police their own side. They're too busy making excuses and trying to save face. Some of you will bend yourselves in a pretzel to avoid honest criticism of the party you vote for. Why?
That's the nature of partisanship and tribalism, but it has definitely gotten worse. Hardcore partisans appear to think that if they're honest and criticize their tribe in the slightest way, it's some huge capitulation and a sign of weakness. Seems to me the opposite is true.

That's one of the primary reasons that hardcore partisan ideologues have zero credibility. There's simply no way to know if they're being honest. It's much easier to respect the opinion of a person if they can look in the mirror as easily as they attack the other tribe.

A great example is the race issue. Neither end of it will admit to any fault whatsoever. That's either blatant dishonesty or abject delusion. So trying to have an honest conversation with either is usually a complete waste of time.

That's the nature of partisanship and tribalism, but it has definitely gotten worse. Hardcore partisans appear to think that if they're honest and criticize their tribe in the slightest way, it's some huge capitulation and a sign of weakness. Seems to me the opposite is true.

That's one of the primary reasons that hardcore partisan ideologues have zero credibility. There's simply no way to know if they're being honest. It's much easier to respect the opinion of a person if they can look in the mirror as easily as they attack the other tribe.

A great example is the race issue. Neither end of it will admit to any fault whatsoever. That's either blatant dishonesty or abject delusion. So trying to have an honest conversation with either is usually a complete waste of time.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I can't get over your belief that you aren't partisan. How long are you going to continue this farce?

Creatures of habit. Spend four years defending every cockamamie accusation known to man (granted some were earned, but that is to be expected when under constant attack). We'll see the same thing in reverse in the next four years minus social media and MSM criticism. They already gave the election to an incompetent who did not campaign and is responsible 47 years of government malfeasance and I am confidant Biden and his cohorts will be brought to justice....or we will all learn mandarin.

You first. Where is your criticism of Schiff, Nadler, Piglosi, Good-for-Nothing, Biden, Kameltoe, Newsom, Inslee, Cuomo, Lightfoot, Feinstein, Swalwell, etc. etc.? Methinks your post is so much click bait.

You first. Where is your criticism of Schiff, Nadler, Piglosi, Good-for-Nothing, Biden, Kameltoe, Newsom, Inslee, Cuomo, Lightfoot, Feinstein, Swalwell, etc. etc.? Methinks your post is so much click bait.

I criticize Democrats so much that a bunch of the left wing posters think I'm a Trump supporter.

I criticize Democrats so much that a bunch of the left wing posters think I'm a Trump supporter.
Sure fooled me over the past two weeks. Oh I get it, you're one of the dems that jumped ship.

You're part of it regardless of whether or not you're honest and introspective. Your single vote is inconsequential in the grand scheme of it all.

Why bothering voting then? Is it because we need to be collectively responsible?
It's for self protection. Not voting means brain damaged senile pedophiles can inflict all their nefarious schemes on you without opposition.

Well the senile, brain damaged pedophile will soon be out of the White House, and answering for his crimes while President, and before, so in that regard the system worked, but Trump should never have been anything but a fringe clown candidate. Republicans were under no obligation to let him run for President and they shouldn't have let him run, or moral grounds.

What happens if one believes both sides suck?

Then you would most likely be accused of being honest.

Oh the old both sides suck argument. Listen. Pick a party and clean it up. Don’t worry about what the other side is doing. And don’t tell us both sides suck because clearly you like one side over the other. Don’t be ashamed

Forum List

Back