🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I think most Republicans would stop flying Confederate flags if it didn't get a reaction out of the left.

Fact remains-
- You only think the saying is dumb because you know it is true
That's actually not true or even how truth works. "I think that's dumb" is a subjective expression.
- Rape/murder and flying a flag is a false equivalences.
I never said they were equivalent. I asked whether outrage and intellect could be mutually exclusive.

As for rape and murder and slavery those were all things the Confederacy supported and there's no intellectual dishonesty in being outraged by that fact or outraged that a bunch of racists and morons claim it as a symbol of pride today.

It was ALL about slavery, farming and their economic strength.... Worries about losing it, with slavery gone.... So they didn't want to give it all up, without a fight.

From what I can tell via all the research on my family roots, most didn't even know it was wrong.... I know that sounds strange to us now.... But to many every day folk, farming their own farms with their own 10 kids and maybe another farm laborer hand or two, never had or even saw a slave.

It was the rich plantation owners with politicians in high places who deceivingly pushed the fight on to everyone else who had nothing to gain by slavery, under the guise of state's rights.... Imo.

I have relatives that were the rich plantation owners and relatives that were just family farmers, with no slaves at all.

I have relatives that freed slaves upon their deaths and relatives who left their favorite slaves their cabin and surrounding land, enough for the freed slave to provide for themselves and their family...

And relatives who left the slaves they owned to another life of slavery, with their kids owning them now. :(

I have relatives who passed down their slaves to children in their wills, that gave instructions NOT to split the slave family unit apart when dividing up the slaves for each child.

But most of my lines of my ancestry living in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and then Texas had no slaves,

But still fought as Confederate Soldiers.... There really was not a choice....they had to sign up between certain ages... Something like 16 to 50. before the war started.

As to not understanding it was wrong...they grew up with it....and didn't know anything else...we can condemn them all we want, but we didn't grow up in that system...we look at them through the lens of today, not the lens of their time...and that isn't right......we can learn to not be like them, but the rest of the world also had slavery of one sort or another......

You mean like we should be outraged at the filthy ass Union Army going into Tennessee and kicking all the Jews out? Or maybe the 100K American civilians killed by the filthy ass Union thugs?
Sure why not? The Confederates being pieces of shits doesn't make the Union army saints. Kind of seems however like you're making the point that America was a pretty racist country top to bottom in its early history.

I can't think of a better example of somebody doing something just to get a reaction out of snowflakes. It's the same reason they do a bunch of stuff. They just want to be disrespectful and get under your skin.
I see. So we would do better to treat them like a dog or like toddlers and pretend the behavior isnt occuring, to extinguish it. That would be easier to do if they didnt vote. But they do.

Nope, Orlando is where I usually go in FL.
BLM flags? You and your neighbors hoping to get some of that "reparation" money the democrats are promising? <g>
Only morons and cucks on the right have been dumbed down enough to think that the government should only serve the interests of corporations and the rich. We plan on making government work for us. But you go ahead and keep accepting nothing from the GOP and thanking them for it.

Sure why not? The Confederates being pieces of shits doesn't make the Union army saints. Kind of seems however like you're making the point that America was a pretty racist country top to bottom in its early history.

The entire world was racist in one way or another....that is what people need to understand and why they need to see today for the advances we have made as human beings.

The entire world was racist in one way or another....that is what people need to understand and why they need to see today for the advances we have made as human beings.
The entire world however doesn't pick a symbol of racism and ignorance as a source of regional pride.

Only morons and cucks on the right have been dumbed down enough to think that the government should only serve the interests of corporations and the rich. We plan on making government work for us. But you go ahead and keep accepting nothing from the GOP and thanking them for it.

Only an idiot thinks you can make government "work for us..." not possible in any world....government is incompetent, corrupt and can't do anything right and can barely do the things it does okay...killing people, breaking things.....without massive waste, fraud and abuse.....

The corporations work with the government, you doofus.....if you think the government has your best interest at heart, you must be a biden voter...

The entire world however doesn't pick a symbol of racism and ignorance as a source of regional pride.

Yeah...it's a mistake to use the democrat party flags of slavery for anything...I agree with that....they aren't using it to represent racism or slavery, but the flags belonged to the racist, slave owning democrats..

Time to create new flags that represent freedom loving states.

Only an idiot thinks you can make government "work for us..." not possible in any world....government is incompetent, corrupt and can't do anything right and can barely do the things it does okay...killing people, breaking things.....without massive waste, fraud and abuse.....

The corporations work with the government, you doofus.....if you think the government has your best interest at heart, you must be a biden voter...
Government is incompetent and corrupt huh? Why don't you tell teachers, firemen, police officers and soldiers how you really feel about them.

Government is incompetent and corrupt huh? Why don't you tell teachers, firemen, police officers and soldiers how you really feel about them.

You mean the public school teachers who don't teach inner city kids how to do math or read and graduate students from inner city schools at about 50% ?

Police officers, teachers, soldiers and fireman work in government systems that are corrupt, wasteful and incompetent......those individuals will all tell you how those systems work.....

Government can't do anything right......

Yeah...it's a mistake to use the democrat party flags of slavery for anything...I agree with that....they aren't using it to represent racism or slavery, but the flags belonged to the racist, slave owning democrats..

Time to create new flags that represent freedom loving states.
That's right. Abandon your culture you cuck. That's the beautiful thing. You deplorable morons have twisted yourselves into a hilariously inconsistent argument. You want to defend Confederates and your culture but want to accuse Democrats of being the real racists. But the Democrats were Confederates and so you're caught in a feedback loop of stupid. Let me cut to the chase. Either way I win. Either you defend Confederates and thus racists and slavers, or you admit the culture of racist and slaver Democrats should be left in the dustbin of history. I win either way.

Yes...the democrat party has been evil since it was created by slave owners....
They are all Republican now....

Except my dad, who left that life at 17/18... he got out of that life and joined the Air force, and with time, got educated on the GI bill, and never lived there again.... Though we did visit there because my grandparents, dad's brother and sister, and cousins still lived there.

I do. You like our open borders?
So you reside behind a wall and security, while supporting open borders and crazyness for other American's eh ?? Sounds like Nancy Pelosi and her cohorts in the dumbocrat party. Hypocrisy on steroids.

That's actually not true or even how truth works. "I think that's dumb" is a subjective expression.
This does not change the fact you only think the saying is dumb because you know it is true
I never said they were equivalent. I asked whether outrage and intellect could be mutually exclusive.
You're trying to equate the outrage agianst murder and rape with the outrage over flying a flag - if the former is an example of righetours indignation, then so too is the other.
You argue a false equivalence.

Speaking of dumbed down. Any bets on making the government pass out "reparation cash" or Yang's "universal basic income" of about $1,000 a month? Hint: the government is broke, they even borrowed about $30T, so I wouldn't spend any money hoping the government will come thru with a bonus for voting democrat. Never happen.

So you reside behind a wall and security, while supporting open borders and crazyness for other American's eh ?? Sounds like Nancy Pelosi and her cohorts in the dumbocrat party. Hypocrisy on steroids.
It's actually not hypocritical at all. I have a right as property owner to decide what to do with my property and as a citizen I get to advocate for whatever national policy I feel like. America doesn't belong to white people and I have every right to advocate allowing everyone who wants to come to this country to be allowed to do so.

Forum List

Back