I Think My School District Just Turned Me Into A Trump Voter

The real bitch of it is that the other kid who was also playing shoot-em-up was not suspended. The ratfink punks didn't even mention he was also playing shoot-em-up.

I raised my son not to be rat, so when he was interrogated by security, he kept his friend's name out of it. He took all the heat.
So, if he kept his friends name out of it,
who was he play shooting at, the teacher or this friend?

What did he take heat for?

Story doesn’t make sense to me....
ever consider your son is lying

Even though the story might not make sense to you, that is no reason to assume his son was lying. And, for what it's worth, something like that happened to the son of a friend of mine here in Amarillo. He pointed a finger gun at another kid, telling him he did good (many on here have probably used the same gesture to say good job), the teacher saw him, and he was put on some weird kind of probation. He transferred his son to another school, and the weird probation followed him to the new school.

Nowadays, because teachers are on super high alert for threats, they tend to take it a bit far in protecting the kids.
I didn’t say he was lying...
I asked if he considered it

If the boy admitted him and his friend
were pretending they were shooting at each other...
but, he wouldn’t rat on his friend
how is that ratting by saying....

Me and XX were messing around,
we were shooting at each other, not Mrs. xx

If he didn’t name the boy,
and this boy didn’t back up his story...
then, isn’t it safe to assume, it would appear as if,
the son was pretending to aim and shoot the gun
at another kid, who wasn’t playing along

Take the heat for what?

Not ratting on his friend, tells me,
they both were pretending to shoot at the teacher

Taking the heat means,
you were pretend shooting somebody

Interesting where our values take us. My wood projects were first a candelabra and then a model of a grand piano. About two inches tall.

Sure enough I went on to make several more (real) musical instruments....

I b'lieve Pogo may have a flake of sugar in his blood.

Fun fact: Nobody has ever been murdered by being shot with a grand piano. Not even a model.

As I said it all depends on what one aspires to. Some of us like to make nice furniture or an instrument that brings cheer. Others like to go blow shit up. I'm quite sassified with my choice.
Apparently your 8th grade wood shop teacher was more into creativity than mine was.

We made ash trays. Today in school, your not even allowed to say ash trays.

I made an ashtray but in metal shop. It was molded in the shape of the contiguous United States. You could put your cigarette down in Florida, or in Puget Sound, or in Maine. But a few years later, you could put your joint there.

I remember those days. One kid got busted for making a pot pipe. I have no idea how he thought he could get away with that. LOL.

An over reaction may get one child suspended need undeservedly.

An under reaction may get a bunch of kids dead.

I'm sorry your kid ended up in trouble over it, but omlets and eggs, ya know.

If the teacher sent the kid to the administrators office, that's one thing, but suspending the kid and telling the parents they need to take time off of work and spend the money for a shrink is quite another. I can't imagine how many psychiatrists we would have needed back when I was in school.
What good would sending a potential shooter to the principal's office do?

A kid making gun shapes with his hand is a potential shooter? How is it I went to school with hundreds of potential shooters and nobody ever got shot?

Maybe get more movement behind your party before you have enough of them to institute Thought Police.
And if this time they're wrong and a buncha kids get killed?
Lol
You’re fucking retarded
That's funny, coming from you.

If the teacher sent the kid to the administrators office, that's one thing, but suspending the kid and telling the parents they need to take time off of work and spend the money for a shrink is quite another. I can't imagine how many psychiatrists we would have needed back when I was in school.

A kid making gun shapes with his hand is a potential shooter? How is it I went to school with hundreds of potential shooters and nobody ever got shot?

Maybe get more movement behind your party before you have enough of them to institute Thought Police.
Lol
You’re fucking retarded
That's funny, coming from you.
Lol
Says a control freak

The real bitch of it is that the other kid who was also playing shoot-em-up was not suspended. The ratfink punks didn't even mention he was also playing shoot-em-up.

I raised my son not to be rat, so when he was interrogated by security, he kept his friend's name out of it. He took all the heat.
So, if he kept his friends name out of it,
who was he play shooting at, the teacher or this friend?

What did he take heat for?

Story doesn’t make sense to me....
ever consider your son is lying

Even though the story might not make sense to you, that is no reason to assume his son was lying. And, for what it's worth, something like that happened to the son of a friend of mine here in Amarillo. He pointed a finger gun at another kid, telling him he did good (many on here have probably used the same gesture to say good job), the teacher saw him, and he was put on some weird kind of probation. He transferred his son to another school, and the weird probation followed him to the new school.

Nowadays, because teachers are on super high alert for threats, they tend to take it a bit far in protecting the kids.
The problem is that it is now damaging rather than protecting.

This isn’t the days of
playing cops and robbers, anymore
Yes, actually, it is. This is because you do not simply get to re-write how children behave so that middle class suburbia can 'feel' better without any actual impact of these asinine policies.

It causes more harm than good.

So my son, a high school sophomore, is sitting in class and the teacher leaves the room for some reason.

The kids start goofing off and my son and his best friend start aiming their fingers at each other and going bang-bang. They play a lot of PUBG. They're kids. This is what kids do.

Some other fucking candyass motherfucking pussy soap bubble of a punk in the class tells the teacher when she comes back that my son was pretending to shoot a gun at HER (the teacher). The teacher wasn't even in the room!

My son is taken to security and interrogated, and several "witnesses" are interrogated.

The assistant principal calls my wife (because the bitch is terrified of me) and tells my wife my son is suspended, and he cannot return until he sees a fucking shrink.

I shit you not.

This insanity is right out of Kafka.

If there is anyone on Trump's staff, or Rush Limbaugh's show, or Fox News reading this, please PM me. I would like to make these fucking retards into a national embarrassment.

Thank you.

NOW do you see what we've been bitching about and calling them snowflakes?????

Cause they melt over everything
I have always hated liberals. I am a Bill Buckley conservative.

My problem with the current pseudocon movement is their hypocriscy, their bigotry, their stupidity, and their psychotic break with reality. Just because I hate pseudocons, it does not automatically follow I love fucking hippies.
So, in your moment of need, you hope for orange intervention. Non sequitur.

This isn’t the days of
Yes, actually, it is. This is because you do not simply get to re-write how children behave so that middle class suburbia can 'feel' better without any actual impact of these asinine policies.

What kids are playing cops and robbers?

These damn kids are too busy
on their phones or playing video games....
kids do not play outside, like when I was a kid

The way children should behave is constantly rewritten...

So, policies that govern children’s behavior is asinine,
but, we want to enforce stricter gun control for adults

Alrighty then

This isn’t the days of

but, we want to enforce stricter gun control for adults

Alrighty then

I've played some of those games before, and the apps on the phone the same. Some of those games can get pretty realistic and violent. I don't see it as any more or less harmful than cops and robbers.

This isn’t the days of

Most of them - they just are not cops and robbers anymore. My kids call it Pokemon or mine craft. It involves the exact same thing and usually ends up with one pew pew or another at some time.

Unfortunately. Kids need more outdoor time these days but I am just as guilty of taking the easy rout to often as the next parent.

I am not saying all policies but asinine ones that make normal and HEALTHY behavior into horror stories.

Furthermore, how do you chalk it up as....
kids being kids?

With everything that’s been going on,
how is ‘pretend shooting’ normal kid shit?

This isn’t the days of

Yes the kids of today are not the kids of the 1950's, 60's, 70's. They have been raised in an age of information overload and are subject to societal pressures that kids of earlier generations were not. And the rules give more authority and control and caretaking responsibilities to the schools than are allowed of the parents. And the schools too often discourage parent involvement in the schools. Do they still have homeroom mothers? Routine parent teacher conferences. Does the PTA still exist?

The job of feeding, clothing, teaching, educating kids should be primary that of the home, parents, family. And frankly the old policy of taking kids away from parents who won't feed, cloth, supervise, teach, educate, love them is looking better to me all the time.

In 99.9% of situations, a kid going 'bang bang' with his finger should not be considered unusual or a red flag or cause for alarm to anybody. But consider that the large majority of mass shooters have been boys from fatherless homes and most of the rest had fathers who were away from the home a great deal. The only exception I believe was Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan and in that case he was heavily influenced by radical militant Islamic theology.

So far as I know there is pretty much no correlation that can be identified that links kids playing 'bang bang' with their fingers are more likely to be dangerous or violent.

But that is pretty heavy correlation for boys from fatherless homes. And though most boys from fatherless homes are not and do not become criminal people, and correlation is not evidence of causation, I don't think those are statistics that we should just shrug off and ignore. It deserves some pretty strong consideration.

In this topsy turvy world however, the most militant among us seem to demand complete obedience to their politically correct doctrine while they seem to be oblivious to some of the most truly harmful results their politically correct society has produced.

So my son, a high school sophomore, is sitting in class and the teacher leaves the room for some reason.

The kids start goofing off and my son and his best friend start aiming their fingers at each other and going bang-bang. They play a lot of PUBG. They're kids. This is what kids do.

Some other fucking candyass motherfucking pussy soap bubble of a punk in the class tells the teacher when she comes back that my son was pretending to shoot a gun at HER (the teacher). The teacher wasn't even in the room!

My son is taken to security and interrogated, and several "witnesses" are interrogated.

The assistant principal calls my wife (because the bitch is terrified of me) and tells my wife my son is suspended, and he cannot return until he sees a fucking shrink.

I shit you not.

If there is anyone on Trump's staff, or Rush Limbaugh's show, or Fox News reading this, please PM me. I would like to make these fucking retards into a national embarrassment.

Thank you.

I shit you not.

Thank you.
What does trump have to do with this? Schools take guns seriously what with all the hysterical school shootings. They are trying what they can to prevent them.

I shit you not.

Thank you.
What does trump have to do with this? Schools take guns seriously what with all the hysterical school shootings. They are trying what they can to prevent them.

It's just general perception thing. Hyper-sensitive overreactions like this are the calling card of PC Democrats. Trump is flying middle finger to them. That's why people voted for him.

Is there a link to a kid making a pretend gun out of his finger and a kid actually shooting people later in his life?

When I was a kid I recall all of us doing that at one time or the other and know of no one using a real gun and killing someone.

Is there any real correlation or are we as society just being unreasonable.

It isn't reasonable to connect a finger-gun with a future shooter. But we as a society have been pushed into super-vigilance by a few too many occasions of "what could we have done to see this coming". So the connection is unreasonable, but it's also understandable.

so Papageorgio you got a serious answer and you rated it "funny"?

What exactly do you find "funny" about mass shootings in schools then? I'm missing something.

I shit you not.

Thank you.

It's just general perception thing. Hyper-sensitive overreactions like this are the calling card of PC Democrats. Trump is flying middle finger to them. That's why people voted for him.
One man's PC is anothers public decency. So in a sense the trump brigade is bucking decency? Trying to take us back to the wild west or stone age so they can say all the toxic stuff they want with it being criticized for it?

I shit you not.

Thank you.

Precisely, Rump has nothing to do with it. He's only tangentially connected to the issue at all by virtue of having proposed to rub salt into the wound by "arming teachers", a sick fantasy he seems to have dropped like a hot potato. So making the leap to vote for him not only doesn't follow, it's counterintuitive.

We seem to be unable of late to distinguish between political demagogues and cultural sickness. Where anyone gets the idea that a POTUS dictates culture is beyond my comprehensional pay grade.

I shit you not.

Thank you.

Precisely, Rump has nothing to do with it. He's only tangentially connected to the issue at all by virtue of having proposed to rub salt into the wound by "arming teachers", a sick fantasy he seems to have dropped like a hot potato. So making the leap to vote for him not only doesn't follow, it's counterintuitive.

We seem to be unable of late to distinguish between political demagogues and cultural sickness. Where anyone gets the idea that a POTUS dictates culture is beyond my comprehensional pay grade.
This incident has helped me to understand why some people would vote for Trump. They are simply fed up.

I think Trump voters are in several categories.

You have the voters for whom the election was all about Mexicans and Muslims. Most of the Trump supporters on this forum are of that variety.

And then you have the voters who can't stand Trump but hated Hillary a little or a lot more. That's the category my father and most of my extended family fall into.

And then there are the voters who can sense that our country is on the wrong track, and that they are being robbed. They don't know exactly how the mechanism of the robbery works, but they can feel it. They feel it in their bones. Because of this, they believe the whole system is rigged against them and they want the whole apple cart overturned, damn the consequences.

This last category is made up of people on the left and the right of the political spectrum. And more and more people are joining that category every day.

I am repulsed by the first category of people. I am frustrated by the second category. But I empathize with and understand the last category, because they are right. And I can forgive them for casting a big FUCK YOU vote for Trump aimed at the system which is regularly fucking them in the ass.

I shit you not.

Thank you.

This incident has helped me to understand why some people would vote for Trump. They are simply fed up.

I think Trump voters are in several categories.

You have the voters for whom the election was all about Mexicans and Muslims. Most of the Trump supporters on this forum are of that variety.

And then you have the voters who can't stand Trump but hated Hillary a little or a lot more. That's the category my father and most of my extended family fall into.

And then there are the voters who can sense that our country is on the wrong track, and that they are being robbed. They don't know exactly how the mechanism of the robbery works, but they can feel it. They feel it in their bones. Because of this, they believe the whole system is rigged against them and they want the whole apple cart overturned, damn the consequences.

This last category is made up of people on the left and the right of the political spectrum. And more and more people are joining that category every day.

I am repulsed by the first category of people. I am frustrated by the second category. But I empathize with and understand the last category, because they are right. And I can forgive them for casting a big FUCK YOU vote for Trump aimed at the system which is regularly fucking them in the ass.

That then amounts to ballot-box abuse. And kind of treasonous, insofar as it penalizes the rest of us. Whatever the status of that it still doesn't follow that "because my school overstepped its reasonable bounds therefore I'll cast a FUCK YOU vote". All that does is at best nothing and at worst worsen the country.

Nor does it follow that "I don't like the system therefore I'll vote for an orange maniac who's never held a job or accomplished anything but is good at starting fights" for much the same reason ---- but that's what we've all been pointing out on these pages for the last four years.

As far as Category Two, that's sadly the price of a severely broken electoral system, which truly is rigged for a Duopoly that consistently presents "bad candidate" versus "worse candidate", causing many millions, I would venture to guess a majority of those who do vote, to go vote not FOR one but AGAINST another. As if we're in some grand game of Tic Tac Toe and we need to "block". And that's gotta be fixed.

Forum List

Back