I think the only path forward is two governments separated by county by county giving the people the

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
I think the only path forward is two governments separated by county by county giving the people the choice on how to be governed.

My idea would be county by county as one county could vote to join the pro government society, while other could vote to be under an "government" that's based off of the articles of the confederation if they wish. Lets just say people would have the choice on whether they wanted to be governed by an government based on investment into education, infrastructure, clean air, water and food or whether they not.

I choose counties as states are too large an entity as most of rural America wouldn't accept it as they make up most of the land mass of our nation(probably 85% based on 2016 maps). What I am simply suggesting is two governments. We as an society are far too divided and it is clear that we don't have the same beliefs of government and we just think differently. Why should we be governed by people we hate and disagree with so strongly?

Maybe we could have one head of state and Commander & chief of the nation called the president with two prime ministers? The prime ministers would head the government of each of our "societies" and give the people of those areas what they want. Each society would maintain checks and balances within government, but could live based on the concepts that they believe. We'd probably be friends with the understanding that we're different but of the same country.

Again I don't think the concept of states is going to work as the majority of the land mass of our country is "red" but with low population. So what I am suggesting is letting the "blue" areas have it their way.

I think the only path forward is two governments separated by county by county giving the people the choice on how to be governed.

My idea would be county by county as one county could vote to join the pro government society, while other could vote to be under an "government" that's based off of the articles of the confederation if they wish. Lets just say people would have the choice on whether they wanted to be governed by an government based on investment into education, infrastructure, clean air, water and food or whether they not.

I choose counties as states are too large an entity as most of rural America wouldn't accept it as they make up most of the land mass of our nation(probably 85% based on 2016 maps). What I am simply suggesting is two governments. We as an society are far too divided and it is clear that we don't have the same beliefs of government and we just think differently. Why should we be governed by people we hate and disagree with so strongly?

Maybe we could have one head of state and Commander & chief of the nation called the president with two prime ministers? The prime ministers would head the government of each of our "societies" and give the people of those areas what they want. Each society would maintain checks and balances within government, but could live based on the concepts that they believe. We'd probably be friends with the understanding that we're different but of the same country.

Again I don't think the concept of states is going to work as the majority of the land mass of our country is "red" but with low population. So what I am suggesting is letting the "blue" areas have it their way.

I have a better idea, and that is learn that you don't always get your way in life, and if you hate this country so much, well leave...

I have a better idea, and that is learn that you don't always get your way in life, and if you hate this country so much, well leave...

Federalism allows you to partially have what you want, why not concentrate on getting your way in your own State, and leave everyone else to figure out the same?

Federalism allows you to partially have what you want, why not concentrate on getting your way in your own State, and leave everyone else to figure out the same?

I have no issue with that at all...

What Matthew is calling for is the destruction of our Constitution just because him and those like him hate it when they can not get their way...

Life is hard, unfair and sucks but hell this country is better than most if not the best, so for those like Matthew he can accept life sucks and what you suggest or get out and maybe move to Mexico or North Korea and build his Utopia...

The US had this system, it's called Federalism.

However, Progs took over and centralized power. Now the President runs the show.

Congrats, thanks for that.

If you really feel this strongly about state rights, support your local Article V movement.

But chances are, you are just sitting around whining till you get your guy back into the White House and will be happy as ever.

The EU is waiting for you with open arms..

Or maybe we could just grow up, get over ourselves, stop insulting anyone who dares to disagree with us, and learn to live together like adults.

One of the worse mistakes this country ever made was holding onto people that didn't want to be held onto. We'd probably be a more western Europe like nation today, while the south would be extremely poor.

The same would probably occur with my idea but at least people would be able to vote for what one they wished to be apart of. Maybe every ten years each county could have such a vote so if they change their minds.

The civil war already decided this.

The civil war already decided this.

So we're going to live within a country with two sides that hate each other because of a civil war that occurred 150 years ago.

Or maybe we could just grow up, get over ourselves, stop insulting anyone who dares to disagree with us, and learn to live together like adults.

I think that is an excellent suggestion. But living together like adults would be nearly impossible in our society.

I think that is an excellent suggestion. But living together like adults would be nearly impossible in our society.
The sad thing is, this is an entirely self-inflicted wound.

One of the worse mistakes this country ever made was holding onto people that didn't want to be held onto. We'd probably be a more western Europe like nation today, while the south would be extremely poor.

The same would probably occur with my idea but at least people would be able to vote for what one they wished to be apart of. Maybe every ten years each county could have such a vote so if they change their minds.

But that is the joy of socialism.

It can only work if everyone on the globe participates, so they will stop at nothing till we all think and do the same things cuz it's an idea so good it's mandantory.

Forum List

Back