I think we need to raise a 5% tariff on all chinese goods

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
I think we need to raise a 5% tariff on all Chinese goods as they have taken us to the bank and fucked over our ability to make things. This would help our companies compete here in America and would allow more Americans to have a job.

I hope trump or bernie comes out in support of this. Would this be good economic policy?

I think we need to raise a 5% tariff on all Chinese goods as they have taken us to the bank and fucked over our ability to make things. This would help our companies compete here in America and would allow more Americans to have a job.

I hope trump or bernie comes out in support of this. Would this be good economic policy?
Not happening. How many times do you have to be told that trade wars are pointless. Nobody wins.
Trade wars are BAD economic policy. This isn't the mid 20th century anymore.

That ain't true because we still have manufacturing plants in this country. Why do you lie?

But china is underwriting them as they can do it far a lot less. Would such a tariff strengthen our economy?
If you are interested in reality, the best solution would be for the rest of the G-20 to force China to allow its currency to float on the open currency exchanges.
China survives only because Beijing props up the Yuan Renminbi

and subsidizes businesses.
China has been given al the rope it needs to hang itself.
Google "china's ghost cities". There you'll read about the impending economic disaster that awaits that nation.....
BUT...Be careful what you wish for.

That ain't true because we still have manufacturing plants in this country. Why do you lie?

But china is underwriting them as they can do it far a lot less. Would such a tariff strengthen our economy?
If you are interested in reality, the best solution would be for the rest of the G-20 to force China to allow its currency to float on the open currency exchanges.

Google "china's ghost cities". There you'll read about the impending economic disaster that awaits that nation.....

So the rest of the world depends on China building Ghost Cities.
Does anybody besides me see something wrong here?

Be careful what you wish for. It's a convoluted situation that ain't going to be changed with a tariff. If you want single hockey moms to pay 5% more for everything they buy for their kids go ahead and punish the middle class but you ain't gonna hurt China.

As long as the tariff does not end up in the federal government's coffers, they will only waste every penny of it.

A 5% Tariff on any European nation that has a trade deficit with China.
We cannot allow 1st World Nations to be sucked into the China Black Hole.
Until China starts paying an equivalent wage.

If they let it float, it would most likely sink.

Followed by a Chinese ban on export of rare minerals to The U.S. Then where will you liberals get your batteries for your 'lectric cars?

You never seen the A*TEAM...we'll always figure a way to accomplish things.
I bet we'll find plenty of those rare minerals when we don't get them from China.

Tariffs never work. They will just tariff our goods, and it's a wash and usually ends up costing consumers in inflated costs and JOBS.

And what will this accomplish? All businesses have to do is have the goods directed to a Canadian port. Then subsequently imported from Canada. Boom.

Tariffs never work. They will just tariff our goods, and it's a wash and usually ends up costing consumers in inflated costs and JOBS.
We'll make our own stuff and the newly employed will be able to spend more on bathroom tissue.

Only if you call inflation due to it strengthening it. Simple economics lesson. If you mandate something that produces a higher costs for the item, demand goes down and people are out of work. Is that what you want?

We'll make our own stuff and the newly employed will be able to spend more on bathroom tissue.

I thought people in this country wouldn't do those types of jobs?

Forum List

Back