I Thought Hillary Was Under Investigation?

Colin Powell mentioned his personal email account IN HIS BOOK! In 2012. Right out in public, for all to see.

I didn't hear any of the right wing propaganda outlets scream in righteous outrage when it was published. Did any of you?

Didn't think so.

That tells us everything we need to know about the true motives of the herd, and it has nothing to do with the truth or national security.

STEPHANOPOULOS: OK. So we'll cut back to you on that later on.

But I do want to ask you one final question on this Hillary Clinton e-mail controversy. Which, of course, put you back in the news a bit this week, as well.

You were secretary of State during the early days of e-mails. You were one of the first secretaries, I believe, to set up a personal e-mail account. And you pushed to modernize the State Department's system.

Based on your experience, what do you make of these revelations this week and what would you recommend that she do now?

POWELL: I -- I can't speak to a -- Mrs. Clinton and what she should do now. That would be inappropriate.

What I did when I entered the State Department, I found an antiquated system that had to be modernized and modernized quickly.

So we put in place new systems, bought 44,000 computers and put a new Internet capable computer on every single desk in every embassy, every office in the State Department. And then I connected it with software.

But in order to change the culture, to change the brainware, as I call it, I started using it in order to get everybody to use it, so we could be a 21st century institution and not a 19th century.

But I retained none of those e-mails and we are working with the State Department to see if there's anything else they want to discuss with me about those e-mails.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So they want...

POWELL: (INAUDIBLE) have a stack of them.

STEPHANOPOULOS: -- they've asked you to turn them over, but you don't have them, is that it?

POWELL: I don't have any -- I don't have any to turn over. I did not keep a cache of them. I did not print them off. I do not have thousands of pages somewhere in my personal files.

And, in fact, a lot of the e-mails that came out of my personal account went into the State Department system. They were addressed to State Department employees and the State.gov domain. But I don't know if the servers the State Department captured those or not.

And most -- they were all unclassified and most of them, I think, are pretty benign, so I'm not terribly concerned even if they were able to recover them.

'This Week' Transcript: Former Secretary of State Colin Powell

And, in fact, a lot of the e-mails that came out of my personal account went into the State Department system. They were addressed to State Department employees and the State.govdomain. But I don't know if the servers the State Department captured those or not.

And most -- they were all unclassified and most of them, I think, are pretty benign, so I'm not terribly concerned even if they were able to recover them.

Darn it! He didn't send classified email from that account. I guess, after Hillary's trial, we can't charge him.

Colin Powell mentioned his personal email account IN HIS BOOK! In 2012. Right out in public, for all to see.

I didn't hear any of the right wing propaganda outlets scream in righteous outrage when it was published. Did any of you?

Didn't think so.

That tells us everything we need to know about the true motives of the herd, and it has nothing to do with the truth or national security.

If Hillary used a personal account for personal emails and a government account for government emails, this wouldn't be a problem, would it?

But I do want to ask you one final question on this Hillary Clinton e-mail controversy. Which, of course, put you back in the news a bit this week, as well.

You were secretary of State during the early days of e-mails. You were one of the first secretaries, I believe, to set up a personal e-mail account. And you pushed to modernize the State Department's system.

Based on your experience, what do you make of these revelations this week and what would you recommend that she do now?

POWELL: I -- I can't speak to a -- Mrs. Clinton and what she should do now. That would be inappropriate.

What I did when I entered the State Department, I found an antiquated system that had to be modernized and modernized quickly.

So we put in place new systems, bought 44,000 computers and put a new Internet capable computer on every single desk in every embassy, every office in the State Department. And then I connected it with software.

But in order to change the culture, to change the brainware, as I call it, I started using it in order to get everybody to use it, so we could be a 21st century institution and not a 19th century.

But I retained none of those e-mails and we are working with the State Department to see if there's anything else they want to discuss with me about those e-mails.

STEPHANOPOULOS: -- they've asked you to turn them over, but you don't have them, is that it?

POWELL: I don't have any -- I don't have any to turn over. I did not keep a cache of them. I did not print them off. I do not have thousands of pages somewhere in my personal files.

And, in fact, a lot of the e-mails that came out of my personal account went into the State Department system. They were addressed to State Department employees and the State.gov domain. But I don't know if the servers the State Department captured those or not.

And, in fact, a lot of the e-mails that came out of my personal account went into the State Department system. They were addressed to State Department employees and the State.govdomain. But I don't know if the servers the State Department captured those or not.

Darn it! He didn't send classified email from that account. I guess, after Hillary's trial, we can't charge him.
Hey dumbshit. I already posted a link showing some of his emails have been retroactively classified. Just like Hillary's.

And notice he said "a lot", and "most". Not all.

Again: Classified Data Found in Personal Email of Colin Powell and Aides to Condoleezza Rice

Your favorite propaganda outlets failed to inform you of this.

Hey dumbshit. I already posted a link showing some of his emails have been retroactively classified. Just like Hillary's.

Again:
Classified Data Found in Personal Email of Colin Powell and Aides to Condoleezza Rice

After Hillary's trial, charge him.

You would think so, listening to the teabaggers turned Trumpeteers on this forum, but alas, she isn't.

Department of State cleared Hillary;

Clinton Email Scandal Falls Apart As State Dept. Says There Was No Policy Against Private Email

Department of Justice cleared Hillary;

Justice Department rules Hillary Clinton followed law in deleting emails

FBI shuts down email investigation of Hillary;

FBI shuts down Hillary Clinton email investigation effort

The current FBI investigation is to determine if Hillary was the victim of having her server hacked.

The FBI doesn't indict the victims of crimes.
I don’t think a series of blog sites is gonna stop the indictment.

Hillary's only hope is that Obama refuses to bring charges against her.

Judge Napolitano: FBI Case Against 'Grossly Negligent' Hillary Is 'Overwhelming, Damning'

Again:
Classified Data Found in Personal Email of Colin Powell and Aides to Condoleezza Rice

You're an idiot. They didn't do anything illegal, and you can't charge someone for something that was RETROACTIVELY classified. Dumbshit.

Your propaganda outlet is doing a piss poor job of keeping you objectively informed. This is hack partisan bullshit. A phony scandal.

As has been pointed out to the rubes many times, Hillary Clinton was not the first to use a personal email account as SecState. Colin Powell set the precedent.

And here's the part the propaganda outlets the rubes prefer haven't made a sound about: Some of Colin Powell's and Condi Rice's mails have now been retroactively classified, too.

INDICT! INDICT! INDICT!

The State Department did not say who sent the emails to Mr. Powell or to Ms. Rice’s aides, or who received the messages.

It is against the law to have classified information outside a secure government account.

Darn, it looks like you'll have to indict the aides, not Powell or Rice.

You would think so, listening to the teabaggers turned Trumpeteers on this forum, but alas, she isn't.

Department of State cleared Hillary;

Clinton Email Scandal Falls Apart As State Dept. Says There Was No Policy Against Private Email

Department of Justice cleared Hillary;

Justice Department rules Hillary Clinton followed law in deleting emails

FBI shuts down email investigation of Hillary;

FBI shuts down Hillary Clinton email investigation effort

The current FBI investigation is to determine if Hillary was the victim of having her server hacked.

The FBI doesn't indict the victims of crimes.
I don’t think a series of blog sites is gonna stop the indictment.

Hillary's only hope is that Obama refuses to bring charges against her.

Judge Napolitano: FBI Case Against 'Grossly Negligent' Hillary Is 'Overwhelming, Damning'
Napolitano is a hack. A total hack.

And he works for the hacks at Fox News. Are you loving Fox News this week, except when Trump tells you not to?

You rubes need to make up your minds.

They all had their own servers? That's awful!
Did they also fail to turn over all the classified material after they left office?
Did they also delete thousands of emails and turn the rest over as hard copies?

Well, if they broke the same rules as Hillary, they should be prosecuted the same as Hillary.
Colin Powell deleted his emails. He did not turn them over.

If he deleted personal emails, he's fine.

Again:

You're an idiot. They didn't do anything illegal, and you can't charge someone for something that was RETROACTIVELY classified. Dumbshit.

Your propaganda outlet is doing a piss poor job of keeping you objectively informed. This is hack partisan bullshit. A phony scandal.

They didn't do anything illegal, and you can't charge someone for something that was RETROACTIVELY classified.

I agree, Hillary holding classified info on her private server is a crime.

Did they also fail to turn over all the classified material after they left office?

Well, if they broke the same rules as Hillary, they should be prosecuted the same as Hillary.

Oh, I see. If you send and receive classified email over a personal system that might have been compromised, it's okay as long as you delete your trail when you are done.

Again: Classified Data Found in Personal Email of Colin Powell and Aides to Condoleezza Rice

Your favorite propaganda outlets failed to inform you of this.
A little late for this. Political nonsense. How many years ago are we talking?

Fyi, a corrupt president can go back and declare classifications on anything, but to bring charges he has to prove it was worthy of the classification at the time to law enforcement officials. The kicker is if there was any intention to mislead investigators by the official in question. That has already been established in Hillary’s case.

Colin Powell mentioned his personal email account in his book! A book sold to the public. In 2012. For all to see.

Hmmmmm...I didn't hear any of the right wing propaganda outlets scream in righteous outrage when it was published. Did any of you?

Didn't think so.

Oh, I see. If you send and receive classified email over a personal system that might have been compromised, it's okay as long as you delete your trail when you are done.
No....that's destruction of evidence....among other crimes.

As has been pointed out to the rubes many times, Hillary Clinton was not the first to use a personal email account as SecState. Colin Powell set the precedent.

And here's the part the propaganda outlets the rubes prefer haven't made a sound about: Some of Colin Powell's and Condi Rice's mails have now been retroactively classified, too.

INDICT! INDICT! INDICT!
Are Powell and Rice running for President? Did they have 22 emails that were so secret they had to be redacted before being released?
No. Again the piss guzzlers fall back to "they all do it."

If the rubes really gave a shit about truth and national security, they would have made a fuss about Rice and Powell several years ago.

They didn't.

That's all you need to know about what this is really about. It's raw hackery.

If he deleted government emails that he should have turned over, charge him.
Just as soon as Hillary's trial is over.

Forum List

Back