I wanted this man to succeed when I voted for him

I don't think you're alone but your failure was in voting for black over intelligence. You voted skin color over character, that doesn't seem very smart.

The alternative was Mccain.

At the time Obama was saying the right things.

Obama lied.

We just had 8 years of Bush.

I was 18 years old.

Gitmo still isn't closed, in fact it's been revamped by the NDAA

I voted for him in that election too, even traveled to another state with my mother to campaign for him on the eve of the election. And we stood in a football field for about 5 hours in Springfield Missouri waiting for him to speak. People were chanting for change.

And that's okay.

Change is good sometimes. Sometimes we need to take a chance on something or someone new, someone with a different vision, a different outlook.

But after the first term, anybody that didn't see what a scumbag this doucehbag is...

They got problems.

McCain? I never cared for McCain. At all. Don't know why, can't put my finger on it.... I just never really liked him. And I'm talking about LONG before it became apparent what a freaking useless, gutless RINO he is.

Romney? Okay, not real Conservative but he is a GOOD Man. A truly good, honest, decent human being.

And an incredible Financial Mind. Just what the Country needed.

Instead, we got four more years of the worst president in Galactic History.

What's funny is.... And I mean HI-larious.... The people that most fervently backed this piece of shit... The Young and Blacks..?

Are the ones being hurt the most by his idiotic policies.

And you deserve it. Big time.

I don't think you're alone but your failure was in voting for black over intelligence. You voted skin color over character, that doesn't seem very smart.

His failure was voting for a man who was not "qualified" for the job and for not looking at Obama's friends and acquaintances and their history. His failure was in not reading one of Obama's books, to learn more about the enigma who was running for the highest office in the land. He merely trusted, without verification ( thanks Ronald Reagan ) and in doing so, he and millions of other voters who didn't take the time to gather information, put our country in perilous dire straits and we are sinking economically and militarily, as is the goal of the commander-in-chief. He speaks with forked tongue, as most of us believed in the beginning. He wanted to transform our country, remember? He is the face of a shadow government.

After Obama won the election, I also wished him the best, as I was thinking of our country, and hoping my intuition was dead wrong. I understand The2nd Amendment's honesty and despair and applaud him for making his post. :)

Obama has made a fool out of himself and our once great country, which if we can survive the next 3 years, will slowly begin to turn around. ( maybe )

Last edited:
I could see him winning the first time.

He was an unknown and if you didn't read up on him you never would have known anything about him.

The LSM did their level best to always show him in a glowing light. They never printed or did anything that would show him in anything but a good light. They glossed over Wright, Ayers and anything else that was seen as a detraction about Barry Boy. He was the first black to run for POTUS and by God they were going to get him elected.

One has to wonder where peoples brains were when they elected this jackass a second time. UE was at 7.9% and the economy is still in the crapper yet he won a second term.

He saddled us with the ACA, he and his Dem idiots, and did nothing about the jobs situation. No way should he have gotten a second term.

Just goes to show that idiots vote in America.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

Obama lied.

I was 18 years old.

What you did was believe the Mainstream media and NOT what Obama told us!

MSM said:
"Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." -- Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair
to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington, February 2, 2007.

BUT when it comes to Obama???

"I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." –
Evan Thomas on Hardball, June 5, 2009.

And then what Obama told us in his book..."Dreams of My Father"...
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied.
They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered
young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

Again... Perception molded by MSM versus NOW the reality of gross incompetence in not only executive decisions like hiring right qualified people but in how he sees the USA!

finally I as a former Iowan have to share the blame of my former state!
Confronted with a genetic inferiority complex that under the glaring light of national media, NO Iowan would be honest when it came to the primaries. They voted what they thought the MSM would think of them by voting for skin color!
Iowans didn't want the label, "unsophisticated".."racist"... "ignorant" which would have happened if they DIDN"T STAND for Obama and in
some caucuses they literally stood in corners for Obama!
Think of the imagery of inferiority complexed Iowans if they didn't stand for Obama!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I was very happy when a black man won the Presidency, I wanted him to succeed, so future black leaders would be more readily accepted by the general population.

I remember calling my African American piano teacher, Professor Russel Stevenson, one of the first blacks to break the color barriers in classical music during the 1950's and 1960's, I was so glad that he was able to witness the first black man elected President, after having lived 88 years.

When I called that night, I found out he had passed away two days prior, and he never had the chance to see Obama elected, I remember crying for many days, as my grandfather (who brought me up) had lost his memory to Alzheimer's, and my Professor was in many ways my mentor, who accompanied my live on the Usdan stage to play the Weber Concerto Number 2 just three months prior.

I cried not only because he was like a father to me, but also because he couldn't see his ultimate wish come true, a black man winning the Presidency. Having broke color barriers himself, this was a sincere and justifiable wish.

I shed some tears now, not for Obama, nor for myself (I am a white Jew), I cried for the African Americans that will have to endure this abysmal failure's legacy for many generations, I can feel the Professor's anguish, who was always a fair and honest man.

Diabelli Variations -- 34 Pianists
Russell Stevenson is a graduate of the New England Conservatory of Music and Columbia University, with graduate studies at the University of Michigan and New York University. His teachers have been Wisdom St. Bishop of New York, Howard Goding of Boston, Edgar Schiffman of Vienna, Austria, and Eugene List of New York. He has concertized extensively on the eastern seaboard and in the midwest as soloist, with chamber groups and as accompanist to many artists. He has also appeared as soloist with Boston "Pops", Babylon Symphonette, Massapequa Chorale and Orchestra, New York Brass Choir, and Nassau-Suffolk Training Orchestra. He was a soloist with the Stony Brook University Orchestra and Suffolk Community College Chamber Orchestra. Mr. Stevenson is a Professor at Suffolk County Community College.

President_Barack_Obama.jpg

What exactly did you think/hope he would succeed at? What did you perceive as indicators of success?

Obama lied.

I was 18 years old.

Winston Churchill: If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head.

Sounds like you're growing up quickly. Though personally I'd modify his quote to if you're a liberal at 20 you can be excused for having a heart as long as by 40 you're a conservative...

Obama lied.

I was 18 years old.

I didn't vote for either, obama or mccain. BUT I can tell you, right now, I want him to do whatever he has to do, reach down and pull out or find the assistance and advice he needs to get right. This is beyond politics. I want him to 'succeed' on the foreign policy stage, he has to.

Obama didn't lie dude, it wasall there, but, well, he took populism to a whole new level and the events handed to him and ran with it.........if, this is the 'real' obama, we're screwed. And I mean, all of us......

What exactly did you think/hope he would succeed at? What did you perceive as indicators of success?

Nothing... I knew he was a fucking lying gas bag before he hit the white house.

Me too...but I meant that question for 2ndamendment

Setting race and party affiliation aside,who really believes electing a junior senator was a good idea?

He bit off more than he could chew.

I was very happy when a black man won the Presidency, I wanted him to succeed, so future black leaders would be more readily accepted by the general population.

I remember calling my African American piano teacher, Professor Russel Stevenson, one of the first blacks to break the color barriers in classical music during the 1950's and 1960's, I was so glad that he was able to witness the first black man elected President, after having lived 88 years.

When I called that night, I found out he had passed away two days prior, and he never had the chance to see Obama elected, I remember crying for many days, as my grandfather (who brought me up) had lost his memory to Alzheimer's, and my Professor was in many ways my mentor, who accompanied my live on the Usdan stage to play the Weber Concerto Number 2 just three months prior.

I cried not only because he was like a father to me, but also because he couldn't see his ultimate wish come true, a black man winning the Presidency. Having broke color barriers himself, this was a sincere and justifiable wish.

I shed some tears now, not for Obama, nor for myself (I am a white Jew), I cried for the African Americans that will have to endure this abysmal failure's legacy for many generations, I can feel the Professor's anguish, who was always a fair and honest man.

Diabelli Variations -- 34 Pianists
Russell Stevenson is a graduate of the New England Conservatory of Music and Columbia University, with graduate studies at the University of Michigan and New York University. His teachers have been Wisdom St. Bishop of New York, Howard Goding of Boston, Edgar Schiffman of Vienna, Austria, and Eugene List of New York. He has concertized extensively on the eastern seaboard and in the midwest as soloist, with chamber groups and as accompanist to many artists. He has also appeared as soloist with Boston "Pops", Babylon Symphonette, Massapequa Chorale and Orchestra, New York Brass Choir, and Nassau-Suffolk Training Orchestra. He was a soloist with the Stony Brook University Orchestra and Suffolk Community College Chamber Orchestra. Mr. Stevenson is a Professor at Suffolk County Community College.

President_Barack_Obama.jpg

as a Southerner, I remember feeling the same sorta way when Carter royally fucked things up...

I could see him winning the first time.

He was an unknown and if you didn't read up on him you never would have known anything about him.

The LSM did their level best to always show him in a glowing light. They never printed or did anything that would show him in anything but a good light. They glossed over Wright, Ayers and anything else that was seen as a detraction about Barry Boy. He was the first black to run for POTUS and by God they were going to get him elected.

One has to wonder where peoples brains were when they elected this jackass a second time. UE was at 7.9% and the economy is still in the crapper yet he won a second term.

He saddled us with the ACA, he and his Dem idiots, and did nothing about the jobs situation. No way should he have gotten a second term.

Just goes to show that idiots vote in America.

He was young, charismatic, and running against a guy who looks like Grandpa Munster. Unfortunately, he was, in fact, the empty suit I expected him to be.

Forum List

Back