I was an Exxon-Funded climate scientist

It is interesting to note that several explosions have occurred at a chemical plant near Houston and still no EPA officials are on the scene.

It had no more volume of rain than any other hurricane. The only difference is that high pressure blocked its movement and it stalled over the same spot for 3-5 days.
Spare me your carefully crafted talking points. Arguing against global warming is as stupid as arguing gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

Ergo, more Harvey's are on the way.

How much do we need to "invest" in windmills to prevent future hurricanes?

It had no more volume of rain than any other hurricane. The only difference is that high pressure blocked its movement and it stalled over the same spot for 3-5 days.
Spare me your carefully crafted talking points. Arguing against global warming is as stupid as arguing gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

Horseshit. All the predictions of the warmist cult have fallen flat. The theory of man made climate change is a con.

Maybe the new plan by the left if we build a million new wind Mills and point them out to sea we can blow hurricanes back out to sea

:)

Hurricane Harvey proves global warming is real

Because hurricanes didn't exist before SUVs.
No, fucking dumb ass. Because Harvey was primarily a precipitation event. Exactly as the scientists have been predicting. And the slowed down Rossby waves in the Jet Stream formed a blocking pattern that kept it in one place far longer than has previously been the norm. But then, knowing any of this would require that one read what the scientists are actually stating, and that is far beyond our 'Conservatives'. They are only capable of repeating single sentence idiocy fed to them by an obese junkie on the AM radio.

Maybe the new plan by the left if we build a million new wind Mills and point them out to sea we can blow hurricanes back out to sea

:)

Any plan would have to cost Billions and that money would have to be distributed to other countries in order to get any support.

Sustainable energy employs far more people than coal and gas.

It's less productive. By a lot. Of course it takes a lot more people to do a lot less.
Your statement makes no sense. As far as productivity, once installed, you never have to pay another electric bill...........for life! As far as "...a lot more people...", that's jobs, mother-fucker! That's putting people back to work. That grows the economy. And that's a good thing.

Actually ... not. Installation of a solar system ranges from $3500 for a non-battery, daytime only system which -- if you live in a very sunny area -- could cut your power bill by 50% (realistically, you can only get 3-6 hours of full power from a solar system even on a sunny day. But, let's make the math easier). The average residential electric bill in the US is $110 monthly. That means a 63 month payback, just over five years. An off-grid system with batteries will run back at least $15,000 (very small system with no generator backup) and at a very optimistic 100% electrical savings, your payback is 136 months or more than 11 years. Solar panels have a life-expectancy of 10 years, deep cycle batteries under continuous use last 3 years. You'll lose 10% of your charge capacity per year. So, before you've finished paying it off, you'll have to replace nearly the entire system.

As for the jobs. The panels, charge controller, and batteries are made in Asia and resold as full kits here in the US. Installation of solar is a low-skill job. Only people making any money are the salesforce.
Egad, a liar, also. A friend just installed a solar system in his house on an East facing roof in Tacoma, Washington. For the last six months, he has paid no electrical bill, and just got a check for $250 in the mail from the utility. Tacoma is not known for being a warm sunny area. The guarantee on almost all the solar panels is for 25 years at 80% of original capacity. In other words, your panel is guaranteed to be putting out 80% of it's original capacity 25 years from now. Why do you choose to lie about something so easy to check on?

The Tesla Powerwall will last far longer than three years. Again, you choose to lie about something that is so easy to check on. I think that lying is something built into the DNA of 'Conservatives'.

Sustainable energy employs far more people than coal and gas.

It's less productive. By a lot. Of course it takes a lot more people to do a lot less.
Your statement makes no sense. As far as productivity, once installed, you never have to pay another electric bill...........for life! As far as "...a lot more people...", that's jobs, mother-fucker! That's putting people back to work. That grows the economy. And that's a good thing.

Actually ... not. Installation of a solar system ranges from $3500 for a non-battery, daytime only system which -- if you live in a very sunny area -- could cut your power bill by 50% (realistically, you can only get 3-6 hours of full power from a solar system even on a sunny day. But, let's make the math easier). The average residential electric bill in the US is $110 monthly. That means a 63 month payback, just over five years. An off-grid system with batteries will run back at least $15,000 (very small system with no generator backup) and at a very optimistic 100% electrical savings, your payback is 136 months or more than 11 years. Solar panels have a life-expectancy of 10 years, deep cycle batteries under continuous use last 3 years. You'll lose 10% of your charge capacity per year. So, before you've finished paying it off, you'll have to replace nearly the entire system.

As for the jobs. The panels, charge controller, and batteries are made in Asia and resold as full kits here in the US. Installation of solar is a low-skill job. Only people making any money are the salesforce.
Egad, a liar, also. A friend just installed a solar system in his house on an East facing roof in Tacoma, Washington. For the last six months, he has paid no electrical bill, and just got a check for $250 in the mail from the utility. Tacoma is not known for being a warm sunny area. The guarantee on almost all the solar panels is for 25 years at 80% of original capacity. In other words, your panel is guaranteed to be putting out 80% of it's original capacity 25 years from now. Why do you choose to lie about something so easy to check on?

The Tesla Powerwall will last far longer than three years. Again, you choose to lie about something that is so easy to check on. I think that lying is something built into the DNA of 'Conservatives'.

I love a good fairy story ... tell us another.

2332175.jpg

duh........people have known this for decades.

Nobody cares s0n!!:up:
Really?

60% of voters in Denton, Texas voted to Ban Fracking! "Denton, Texas is where hydraulic fracturing was invented," said Bruce Baizel, Earthworks energy program director, according to Reuters. "If this place in the heart of the oil and gas industry can’t live with fracking, then who can?"

So governor Abbot took away Texans voter rights!

I
Horseshit. All the predictions of the warmist cult have fallen flat. The theory of man made climate change is a con.
And you're just a fossil fuel bitch, doing what you're told, like a good little whore.
It is so predictable of Warmers. The US has it's first hurricane to hit land in 10 years, and they immediately blame AGW. A warmer friend told me yesterday that Miami will be under water in 10 years.

God they're stupid. Dupes for the elite.

No, fucking dumb ass. Because Harvey was primarily a precipitation event. Exactly as the scientists have been predicting. And the slowed down Rossby waves in the Jet Stream formed a blocking pattern that kept it in one place far longer than has previously been the norm. But then, knowing any of this would require that one read what the scientists are actually stating, and that is far beyond our 'Conservatives'. They are only capable of repeating single sentence idiocy fed to them by an obese junkie on the AM radio.
I listen to Pumpkin-head every day and I love when he goes into his sarcastic "baby voice" every time he can't back up what he claims.

I

It is so predictable of Warmers. The US has it's first hurricane to hit land in 10 years, and they immediately blame AGW. A warmer friend told me yesterday that Miami will be under water in 10 years.

Your argument is as stupid as arguing gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

This is not a debatable issue.

I

Your argument is as stupid as arguing gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

This is not a debatable issue.
...but only to adherents to the cultist church, know as the Church of Warmers.

To people like you believing one hurricane is evidence of AGW, is just correct. It's naturally....so it MUST BE TRUE.

Yeah...the debate is over because you BELIEVE!!!

Forum List

Back