I was an Exxon-Funded climate scientist

The dumbass snowflakes believe the fact that renewable energy takes far more people to produce far less energy is a good thing. It's hard to believe anyone is that stupid.
Sustainable energy employs far more people than coal and gas. And it doesn't result in making the planet un-inhabitable.

The dumbass snowflakes believe the fact that renewable energy takes far more people to produce far less energy is a good thing. It's hard to believe anyone is that stupid.
Sustainable energy employs far more people than coal and gas. And it doesn't result in making the planet un-inhabitable.

Sustainable energy employs far more people than coal and gas.

It's less productive. By a lot. Of course it takes a lot more people to do a lot less.

Obviously, that went right over your head. Employing more people to produce less energy means renewable energy is inefficient. I've explained this to you cockroaches several times, but you're too stupid to get it. Of course, if you understood the simple facts of economics, you wouldn't be leftwingers.

It's less productive. By a lot. Of course it takes a lot more people to do a lot less.
Your statement makes no sense. As far as productivity, once installed, you never have to pay another electric bill...........for life! As far as "...a lot more people...", that's jobs, mother-fucker! That's putting people back to work. That grows the economy. And that's a good thing.

Your statement makes no sense. As far as productivity, once installed, you never have to pay another electric bill...........for life! As far as "...a lot more people...", that's jobs, mother-fucker! That's putting people back to work. That grows the economy. And that's a good thing.

Actually ... not. Installation of a solar system ranges from $3500 for a non-battery, daytime only system which -- if you live in a very sunny area -- could cut your power bill by 50% (realistically, you can only get 3-6 hours of full power from a solar system even on a sunny day. But, let's make the math easier). The average residential electric bill in the US is $110 monthly. That means a 63 month payback, just over five years. An off-grid system with batteries will run back at least $15,000 (very small system with no generator backup) and at a very optimistic 100% electrical savings, your payback is 136 months or more than 11 years. Solar panels have a life-expectancy of 10 years, deep cycle batteries under continuous use last 3 years. You'll lose 10% of your charge capacity per year. So, before you've finished paying it off, you'll have to replace nearly the entire system.

As for the jobs. The panels, charge controller, and batteries are made in Asia and resold as full kits here in the US. Installation of solar is a low-skill job. Only people making any money are the salesforce.

Did vehicles powered by solar and wind save all those people stranded by hurricane Harvey? If not for the internal combustion engine powered by fossil fuels, who knows how many would have died. Is that what you want?

Last edited:
Did vehicles powered by solar and wind save all those people stranded by the hurricane Harvey? If not for the internal combustion engine powered by fossil fuels, who knows how many would have died. Is that what you want?
People who drove gas cars were stranded to. Water does not discriminate.

Did vehicles powered by solar and wind save all those people stranded by the hurricane Harvey? If not for the internal combustion engine powered by fossil fuels, who knows how many would have died. Is that what you want?
People who drove gas cars were stranded to. Water does not discriminate.
Absurd response and you are clearly deflecting. Why?

Your assumption that your solar system will last for the rest of your life is erroneous. At best it will last about 20 years, which means you will have to recover your costs before that time. All the studies I've seen show that you won't. Furthermore, you also need a backup system for night time and cloudy days.

Did vehicles powered by solar and wind save all those people stranded by hurricane Harvey?

If the population had tried driving out in any vehicle, they would have been trapped on the roads and drowned. The death toll would have been catastrophic.

Apparently, that is what you want, being that you're so angry it didn't happen. You're clearly upset because you didn't get more of a fossil-fuel fueled body count.

And you're deflecting from that. I can see why.

Did vehicles powered by solar and wind save all those people stranded by hurricane Harvey?

If the population had tried driving out in any vehicle, they would have been trapped on the roads and drowned. The death toll would have been catastrophic.

Apparently, that is what you want, being that you're so angry it didn't happen. You're clearly upset because you didn't get more of a fossil-fuel fueled body count.

That's obvious horseshit because a large percentage of the population drove out. Of course, when they do it matters.

Good Lord...that is dumb.

My point, which I clearly made in my earlier post, is rescues of stranded people were done by vehicles using internal combustion engines. I would suspect NONE were made by vehicles powered by battery, solar, or wind.

Don't be stupid next time.

Good Lord...that is dumb.

My point, which I clearly made in my earlier post, is rescues of stranded people were done by vehicles using internal combustion engines. I would suspect NONE were made by vehicles powered by battery, solar, or wind.

Don't be stupid next time.
Nor could they have been. Such cars would short out in 2-3 feet of standing water.

And it's a stupid point, which is why it was being mocked.

Why did you think that your attempted point wasn't retarded? It was. After all, it was just a stupid deflection, one that any intelligent and honest person should have been ashamed to attempt.

But go on, explain it to us in more detail. Why does the fact that electric boats haven't been mass-marketed yet mean that renewable energy is bad?

I mean, if anyone had said to ban all fossil-fuel usage immediately, your idiot point might have made sense. But since nobody has proposed such a thing, it just looked like a lame, stupid and desperate deflection.

That's obvious horseshit because a large percentage of the population drove out. Of course, when they do it matters.

Really? Define 'large percentage'.

Hurricane Rita ring a bell? 100 deaths from the evacuation, and that was with a week of lead time, and no flooding on the roads.

Houston can not be evacuated to any great extent in two days, which is all the lead time they had with Harvey. Your recommendations would have killed thousands.

That's why conservatives should never be in charge of any policy anywhere. Everything they do always fails catastrophically.

Forum List

Back