I was wrong... the health of the mother is not valid for an abortion.

Watching Schumer threaten SCOTUS judges if they rule against Roe VS Wade made me wonder about my own knowledge regarding my position... abortion OK only in case of health of money, rape or incest.
I am wrong!
Even in 1981, former Surgeon General of the United States Dr. C. Everett Koop said, “The fact of the matter is that abortion as a necessity to save the life of the mother is so rare as to be nonexistent.”

But as former abortionist Dr. Anthony Levatino has affirmed on the record:
During my time at Albany Medical Center I managed hundreds of such cases by “terminating” pregnancies to save mother’s lives. In all those cases, the number of unborn children that I had to deliberately kill was zero.
What Percentage of Abortions Are Medically Necessary?

But the biased MSM has never shared that with us.
Consequently since 1973 over 61,781,054 lives were destroyed.
Think about that...what baby among those 62 million could have discovered cures for cancer? Or made other fantastic contributions...all because a woman wasn't responsible enough.
Number of Abortions in US & Worldwide - Number of abortions since 1973

Just consider that: 46% of all abortions were performed on women who had one or more abortions before!
Think about it... There is an excuse for first timers... but 2nd, or 3 or more previous abortions?

Planned Parenthood Turns 99 Today: Has Killed 7 Million Babies in Abortions

One former Doctor who was an abortionist stated that in terms of an abortion.....giving birth is safer.....since you have to inject drugs into the woman to get her to dilate so you can get the pieces of the dead baby out.....

So according to the below, your position is abortion is OK until the brain begins or about the 5th week.
In just the fifth week after conception, the first synapses begin forming in a fetus’s spinal cord. By the sixth week, these early neural connections permit the first fetal movements–spontaneous arches and curls of the whole body–that researchers can detect through ultrasound imaging. Many other movements soon follow–of the limbs (around eight weeks) and fingers (ten weeks), as well as some surprisingly coordinated actions (hiccuping, stretching, yawning, sucking, swallowing, grasping, and thumb-sucking).
When Does the Fetus's Brain Begin to Work?
I think that is too early, the brain is far from fully developed and the different parts of the human brain develop at different times. The most primitive, the parts we share with all other mammals develops first. Only later, about 5 months does the higher brain functions really begin. I'm fine with erring on the conservative side and say 3 months is a reasonable cut off. Before that there is no real brain so no real person.

Watching Schumer threaten SCOTUS judges if they rule against Roe VS Wade made me wonder about my own knowledge regarding my position... abortion OK only in case of health of money, rape or incest.
I am wrong!
Even in 1981, former Surgeon General of the United States Dr. C. Everett Koop said, “The fact of the matter is that abortion as a necessity to save the life of the mother is so rare as to be nonexistent.”

During my time at Albany Medical Center I managed hundreds of such cases by “terminating” pregnancies to save mother’s lives. In all those cases, the number of unborn children that I had to deliberately kill was zero.

Think about that...what baby among those 62 million could have discovered cures for cancer? Or made other fantastic contributions...all because a woman wasn't responsible enough.

Just consider that: 46% of all abortions were performed on women who had one or more abortions before!
Think about it... There is an excuse for first timers... but 2nd, or 3 or more previous abortions?

You’re clearly unfamiliar with biology. Failure of birth control doesn’t care whether you’ve been pregnant before or not. Having no opportunity to use birth control because the sex is coercive or criminal also doesn’t have anything to do with whether it’s happened before.

You’re clearly choosing to assume that unwanted pregnancies are the fault of the woman alone and that she always has a choice about sex and about access to birth control. You’re a misogynist, just admit it.

I am wrong!

One former Doctor who was an abortionist stated that in terms of an abortion.....giving birth is safer.....since you have to inject drugs into the woman to get her to dilate so you can get the pieces of the dead baby out.....
I am wrong!

That is total bullshit, which is why you can’t provide a substantive citation to support that assertion. Abortion is far safer for women medically than the much, much higher risks of serious complications and death that full term pregnancy and childbirth pose.

So according to the below, your position is abortion is OK until the brain begins or about the 5th week.
In just the fifth week after conception, the first synapses begin forming in a fetus’s spinal cord. By the sixth week, these early neural connections permit the first fetal movements–spontaneous arches and curls of the whole body–that researchers can detect through ultrasound imaging. Many other movements soon follow–of the limbs (around eight weeks) and fingers (ten weeks), as well as some surprisingly coordinated actions (hiccuping, stretching, yawning, sucking, swallowing, grasping, and thumb-sucking).
When Does the Fetus's Brain Begin to Work?
I think that is too early, the brain is far from fully developed and the different parts of the human brain develop at different times. The most primitive, the parts we share with all other mammals develops first. Only later, about 5 months does the higher brain functions really begin. I'm fine with erring on the conservative side and say 3 months is a reasonable cut off. Before that there is no real brain so no real person.

we are talking about a human life and not what you consider to be a person,,,

so your pathetic use of semantics to justify killing a human life falls flat

I am wrong!

I am wrong!

That is total bullshit, which is why you can’t provide a substantive citation to support that assertion. Abortion is far safer for women medically than the much, much higher risks of serious complications and death that full term pregnancy and childbirth pose.

The facts are you are RIGHT!
In the one recent comparative study of pregnancy morbidity in the United States, pregnancy-related complications were more common with childbirth than with abortion.

CONCLUSION:
Legal induced abortion is markedly safer than childbirth. The risk of death associated with childbirth is approximately 14 times higher than that with abortion. Similarly, the overall morbidity associated with childbirth exceeds that with abortion.
The comparative safety of legal induced abortion and childbirth in the United States. - PubMed - NCBI

And I don't disagree with the facts.

This doesn't alter the reality that nearly half of all abortions were done on women who stupidly got pregnant AGAIN after having an abortion!
These dumb ass women who KNOWING the consequences of killing a human, continued their irresponsible behavior.
These women should be sterilized! You have one abortion...I understand... but to ignore the reality that if you were pregnant once and had an abortion,
shouldn't that be a warning sign? Stupid women that have multiple abortions should be sterilized.

The average likelihood that an abortion was a “first time” abortion (performed on a woman who had not had a prior induced termination) is 53.92%.
This means that (i) 46.08% of all abortions were performed on woman who had a previous procedure,
and (ii) the average likelihood that a woman would have a first time abortion was 0.945%.
The average likelihood that a woman had 1 prior abortion was 25.78%.
This means that a woman who received 1 prior abortion had a 47.8% chance of having a second abortion.
The average likelihood that a woman had 2 prior abortions was 11.03%.
This means that a woman who received 2 prior abortions had a 42% chance of having a third abortion.
The average likelihood that a woman had 3+ prior abortions was 7.4%.
This means that a woman who received 3+ prior abortions had a 67% chance of having additional abortions.

US Abortion Statistics: An Honest Analysis | National Economics Editorial

I am wrong!

You’re clearly unfamiliar with biology. Failure of birth control doesn’t care whether you’ve been pregnant before or not. Having no opportunity to use birth control because the sex is coercive or criminal also doesn’t have anything to do with whether it’s happened before.

You’re clearly choosing to assume that unwanted pregnancies are the fault of the woman alone and that she always has a choice about sex and about access to birth control. You’re a misogynist, just admit it.

Fine. misogynist. And dumb ass women who have multiple abortions are plain ignorant. At least I'm in favor of life... these women are oblivious!

Legal induced abortion is markedly safer than childbirth. The risk of death associated with childbirth is approximately 14 times higher than that with abortion. Similarly, the overall morbidity associated with childbirth exceeds that with abortion.

Every successful abortion results in the death of an innocent human being. There is no honest nor rational way to argue that this is “safe”.

I was originally ok with abortions in case of mother's health, rape or incest, based on the statistics, the murder of a person
that was NOT going to affect a woman's health is wrong.
Then I find out that really DUMB women who already had a 2nd or 3rd abortion?
That is shear murder because the women couldn't say NO!
It was evidently OK for a few moments of pleasure to terminate an especially innocent baby.
That makes my sex irrelevant.
But what is more relevant is you approve of dumb women who have already had abortions? That is shear stupidity on theirs and your part!
To me a fertilized egg is not yet a human being, any more than a blueprint is a house. A baby at birth is a person and has the right to live. Somewhere between those two extremes is a line where abortions (except in very rare cases) should be banned. I'm not sure where that line is but it is our brains that make us different from any other animal, a heart is just not the same. Once that brain truly begins to function, that is a person. IMHO of course.

As I've heard, a baby isn't viable until the 7th month when a chemical is release into the lungs so they can expand upon birth. That's the line in my opinion. Third trimester is off limits. The baby can survive on its own and is viable.
7 months? So premature babies born at 6 months aren't "viable"? What is your definition of "viable"? Should premature babies be killed?

I'm not speaking of premature births. Don't be a fucking idiot on purpose. I"m speaking of purposefully removing the fetus from the womb in a procedure which is called abortion.

You fucking people are stupid. Seriously. You think that kind of response is going to even begin to fly? Wake the fuck up.
The simple fact remains that at 20 weeks a "fetus" is a viable baby. Not seven months.
20 weeks or a heartbeat, whichever comes first.

Still not viable.
How do you know?

Google it. I posted a link earlier in the thread. 24 weeks is the extreme limit.
I'll go with the heartbeat over Google.
Then you are wrong or you don't understand the meaning of viability.

To me a fertilized egg is not yet a human being, any more than a blueprint is a house. A baby at birth is a person and has the right to live. Somewhere between those two extremes is a line where abortions (except in very rare cases) should be banned. I'm not sure where that line is but it is our brains that make us different from any other animal, a heart is just not the same. Once that brain truly begins to function, that is a person. IMHO of course.

As I've heard, a baby isn't viable until the 7th month when a chemical is release into the lungs so they can expand upon birth. That's the line in my opinion. Third trimester is off limits. The baby can survive on its own and is viable.
I still think there need to be exceptions even in the third trimester - the mother's life/serious health complications, fatal birth defects.
Snip the neck of a baby who can feel everything lol .. I can’t wait until this is outlawed again.. I’m going to laugh in your sick face

So..you're saying kill the mother to save the baby?

Force the mother to carry to term a fetus with fatal birth defects?

You are misidentifying who is sick here.
You are the one that won't complain about liberal policy of abortion to the day before birth.
That is because there is no such policy. I am not going to complain about fiction.

I am wrong!

Are you a male or female, I bet a male.

I was originally ok with abortions in case of mother's health, rape or incest, based on the statistics, the murder of a person
It was evidently OK for a few moments of pleasure to terminate an especially innocent baby.
But what is more relevant is you approve of dumb women who have already had abortions? That is shear stupidity on theirs and your part!

If somebody has an abortion it’s none of your damn business. Worry about your own life and stay out of others.
You live in the wrong country we protect the helpless
No you don't. Far from it.

Every animal born dies. Mothers have the decision over about becoming or continuing to be pregnant. Let them assume any onus. Of course abortion is to be avoided. Education and availability of birth control are to be improved. Forcing the mother and fetus to undergo the pain and suffering of birth is no answer.

I am wrong!

If somebody has an abortion it’s none of your damn business. Worry about your own life and stay out of others.
You live in the wrong country we protect the helpless
No you don't. Far from it.
Huh

I am wrong!

Is a newborn capable of surviving on its own? Does he or she come out of the womb fully capable of finding their own food, communicating with other humans, dressing themselves, etc.? Of course not, so all this bullshit about viable is just that. It’s bullshit. Abortion is murder.
A new
I am wrong!

Is a newborn capable of surviving on its own? Does he or she come out of the womb fully capable of finding their own food, communicating with other humans, dressing themselves, etc.? Of course not, so all this bullshit about viable is just that. It’s bullshit. Abortion is murder.

Viable
adjective. (1) Alive; capable of living, developing, or reproducing, as in a viable cell. (2) Able to live on its own or outside the uterus, used of an embryo, fetus or newborn. (3) Possible; practicable; capable of being done.

QUESTION for all. . .

Does the Constitution say that

1. "all persons" have a right to their life and to the EQUAL protections of our laws?

Or,

2. does the Constitution say that only "VIABLE" persons have those rights?

How many leftards will answer honestly?

HINT: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person (citizen or not) of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."-14th Amendment

You forgot the very first line: All persons born

but that remains the case, as republicans fight and kick against supporting an infant, and even go as far as calling them "welfare Moms". You have your cake and eat it as well. Make sure you are pro life and carry to term and give birth, but once you give birth , if you don't have the means to care for yourself and your infant,

TOO BAD.

that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that
among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Once they are born.

I am wrong!

Giving birth has a higher mortality rate in this country, then abortion. By far

QUESTION for all. . .

Does the Constitution say that

1. "all persons" have a right to their life and to the EQUAL protections of our laws?

Or,

2. does the Constitution say that only "VIABLE" persons have those rights?

How many leftards will answer honestly?

HINT: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person (citizen or not) of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."-14th Amendment

You forgot the very first line: All persons born

but that remains the case, as republicans fight and kick against supporting an infant, and even go as far as calling them "welfare Moms". You have your cake and eat it as well. Make sure you are pro life and carry to term and give birth, but once you give birth , if you don't have the means to care for yourself and your infant,

TOO BAD.

that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that
among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Once they are born.

thanks for your opinion but I will stick with reality,,,

I am wrong!

Giving birth has a higher mortality rate in this country, then abortion. By far

yeah all births result in a 100% death rate,,,everybody dies,,

Forum List

Back