I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

Only if they resist to the point that its deadly like I pointed out earlier.
At what point does the cop have to decide that wrestling around with somebody who is resisting arrest presents a danger to the cops life with the cops gone being within arms reach?

Every citizen must understand, and it is a standard by which every citizen is obligated to behave, that resisting arrest is a deadly proposition.

What is the point of resisting arrest? Answer me that one.

Gee maybe this Black man just saw another Black man in handcuffs being suffocated by 3 cops and didn't want the same thing to happen to him

Gee, why didn't he run away immediately?

He wasn't put in cuffs immediately.

DUH

Why was he put in cuffs at all? He wasn't violent, he wasn't resisting. The same thing with George Floyd. Why are the police cuffing every suspect behind the back before putting them in the cruiser?

In Mr. Floyd's case, they initially thought he was in medical distress. My St. John's Ambulance training says that if someone is in medical distress, you should keep them physically comfortable - i.e. laying flat, head slightly elevated, with airways as open as possible, monitoring their heart rate and breathing until help arrives.
I thought the cops were arresting Brooks for being publicly intoxicated. And that's why they were trying to put him in handcuffs. Maybe I'm wrong.

After seeing the film taken by the surveillance camera seemed to exonerate the police but ahhh, there might still be some wiggle room to hold the police responsible.

Now that the body cam video has been released there is no doubt that this was a good shoot. All a jury has to do is see that and it's all over. Those cops are going to walk.
I hope the one that got fired walks, and does so with a couple million Atlanta tax dollars.

He shot a man in the back - twice. It's really hard to convince people that your life is in danger from a man who is running away, or that they had no other way of arresting him when they had his car, his name, and his address.

He'll be convicted because this is a rage killing. He got pissed off and shot a man who was running away from him and posed no danger to him, in the back and killed him.

the man who resisted arrest and grabbed the cop's weapon is a DANGER TO SOCIETY
Who told you that or is that just your opinion?

I is old. I no longer work---HOWEVER during my working years, I dealt with both cops and robbers.
I know BOTH well.. A man who should be in cuffs----running around town with a weapon ----is LIKELY to be dangerous. When packed into a padded room and in restraints------they are fairly safe (only fairly)

Should every non-violent offender be in cuffs? Especially cuffed behind the back? Why is every suspect cuffed and placed in a physically vulnerable position? Freddy Gray, hands cuffed behind his back, was tossed in the back of a paddy wagon and bounced around back there, defenceless, until it killed him. Police may not have intended to kill him, but they sure as hell intended to hurt him.

there is probably a protocol for who should be cuffed.
I don't know what it is but it likely does not require
attempted murder

Mr. Brooks was shot in the back. Twice. The cop fired three times.

Ever wondered about that third bullet? It hit another car in that parking lot, with a family of four in it. That idiot could easily have shouted "I got him!" - twice.

Ah, no one was wounded, but nice of you to ask.

But Rightardia is all aflutter about a "good shot".

No he knew it was a taser. He even was caught on video saying that.
Not only did the cop know it was a taser, he saw the taser fired over his head before he shot Brooks. So he knew both that it was a taser and one that had been discharged and hence rendered useless.
Bingo. And then the POS had the unmitigated gall to say "gottem".

what do you mean "USELESS" ? it is a weapon---it can be USED by a criminal. The criminal who stole it has already demonstrated his depravity. It died during the commission of a crime at the hands of a person sworn to PROTECT society. When I cop tries to arrest you----you should not put up a fight
Maybe you need to have it explained that a Taser is only capable of being fired once before it must be reloaded.

The taser was already fired and missed the cop by a very wide margin.

so? what is stopping the man from recharging the weapon which should not be in his hands at all----and
using it later for whatever nefarious reason brought him to the attention of the cop to begin with?
Wow the stupid is strong with you.

The Taser fires a cartridge that shoots electrodes into a person's body if that cartridge is fired and hits nothing the Taser cannot be fired again until a new cartridge is inserted.

So is it your contention that this man also stole Taser refill cartridges from the cop? And don't forget he dropped the Taser to the ground before the cop shot him in the back
Obviously he had some refills in his back pocket

oh one has to have refills? I did not know----when he dropped the weapon he SURRENDERED?

HOW WAS HE A THREAT TO THE COP WHEN HE DROPPED THE TASER AND WAS RUNNING AWAY?

For FUCK's sake the cops had the guys car, his name, and address. They could have rearrested him at any time but instead the cop shot this man in the back while he was running away.

Not only did the cop know it was a taser, he saw the taser fired over his head before he shot Brooks. So he knew both that it was a taser and one that had been discharged and hence rendered useless.

what do you mean "USELESS" ? it is a weapon---it can be USED by a criminal. The criminal who stole it has already demonstrated his depravity. It died during the commission of a crime at the hands of a person sworn to PROTECT society. When I cop tries to arrest you----you should not put up a fight
Maybe you need to have it explained that a Taser is only capable of being fired once before it must be reloaded.

so? what is stopping the man from recharging the weapon which should not be in his hands at all----and
using it later for whatever nefarious reason brought him to the attention of the cop to begin with?

The Taser fires a cartridge that shoots electrodes into a person's body if that cartridge is fired and hits nothing the Taser cannot be fired again until a new cartridge is inserted.

So is it your contention that this man also stole Taser refill cartridges from the cop? And don't forget he dropped the Taser to the ground before the cop shot him in the back

oh one has to have refills? I did not know----when he dropped the weapon he SURRENDERED?
When he dropped the taser he ran.

Stacey Abrams:
“A Man Was Murdered Because He Was Asleep in a Drive-Through”

Abrams is either extremely stupid and is the product of Democrat Party indoctrination / emotional manipulation OR she has joined the ranks of the Deep State / Liberal Progressive Democratic Party pup[pet masters who intentionally spews BS like this to continue, spread, and escalate racial division and violence, tearing apart this nation.

Personally, I think she is too stupid to be the latter.

Rayshard Brooks was not 'murdered' for sleeping in a car at Wendy's.

Released body cam video shows the police were being courteous, professional, and polite to Brooks before it all 'went south'.

Rayshard Brooks was shot and killed for pointing a Taser, which he took from the policeman, at the policeman's head after resisting arrest.

1. The police were doing their job.
An intoxicated person sleeping in their car at a fast food restaurant IS a threat to the community. At any time, while still legally intoxicated, he could have woken up and decided to drive away, endangering people's lives.

2. Resisting arrest is a crime.
'Nuff said.

3. Brooks assaulted a police officer, stole his weapon, & attempted to flee.
Brooks can be seen throwing a punch / hitting a police officer.
He disarmed the policeman and took his Taser.
He fled / attempted to escape.

4. Brooks pointed the Taser at the policeman, threatening a police officer's life.
' Nuff said.

5. Police Pointing A Taser at a civilian is a life-threatening event but a civilian pointing a TASER at a policeman is NOT a life-threatening event?
I saw on the news that some agency had declared police using a stun gun on civilians is considered use of 'deadly force' and 'a life-threatening event', but in this case the argument is being made that a criminal pointing a stun gun at a policeman is NOT to be considered 'a life-threatening event.'

WRONG: Every policeman carries a firearm. If a criminal can use a stun gun to incapacitate a policeman he can then take the policeman's weapon and kill the policeman. The criminal can then use that weapon to commit other crimes. Whether it is a policeman's stun gun or his baton...or a brick or any other weapon the criminal can use to incapacitate the officer, it does not matter.

People - especially black people - need to tell Abrams to shut her ignorant pie hole and become part of the SOLUTION not the problem, which is the false narratives and manipulation by POSes like her who seek to divide the nation, wrenching it apart.

reminds me of the family claim "george was murdered for 20 dollars" NOPE!!!!!!

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed a taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man in trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.
The Taser wasn't "his" you moron! He stole the Taser from the LEO. As he was running away with it he turned and fired the Taser at the LEO.
YOU try that shit and you will be maggot meat.
This case has the life expectancy of a popcorn fart in the wind. Even CNN/MSNBC have decided to not cover it. That's saying something.
and he missed by a wide margin then dropped the taser and ran

What threat was he to the cop when he was shot in the back?

oh----so he escaped a lawful arrest----he was a
FUGITIVE ON THE RUN

Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
If I'm a cop and a man in trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.
The Taser wasn't "his" you moron! He stole the Taser from the LEO. As he was running away with it he turned and fired the Taser at the LEO.
This case has the life expectancy of a popcorn fart in the wind. Even CNN/MSNBC have decided to not cover it. That's saying something.
Actually they are covering it you dummy.

FUGITIVE ON THE RUN
correct

FUGITIVE ON THE RUN
The cops had his car, his name, his address so they could have found him and arrested him at any time.

How was the cop's life in danger from a man who was running away?

And I'm a Democrat.
Talk about a moron... That's you, Boy. The cop dropped it when he hit the car.

Stacey Abrams:
“A Man Was Murdered Because He Was Asleep in a Drive-Through”

Abrams is either extremely stupid and is the product of Democrat Party indoctrination / emotional manipulation OR she has joined the ranks of the Deep State / Liberal Progressive Democratic Party pup[pet masters who intentionally spews BS like this to continue, spread, and escalate racial division and violence, tearing apart this nation.

Personally, I think she is too stupid to be the latter.

Rayshard Brooks was not 'murdered' for sleeping in a car at Wendy's.

Released body cam video shows the police were being courteous, professional, and polite to Brooks before it all 'went south'.

Rayshard Brooks was shot and killed for pointing a Taser, which he took from the policeman, at the policeman's head after resisting arrest.

1. The police were doing their job.
An intoxicated person sleeping in their car at a fast food restaurant IS a threat to the community. At any time, while still legally intoxicated, he could have woken up and decided to drive away, endangering people's lives.

2. Resisting arrest is a crime.
'Nuff said.

3. Brooks assaulted a police officer, stole his weapon, & attempted to flee.
Brooks can be seen throwing a punch / hitting a police officer.
He disarmed the policeman and took his Taser.
He fled / attempted to escape.

4. Brooks pointed the Taser at the policeman, threatening a police officer's life.
' Nuff said.

5. Police Pointing A Taser at a civilian is a life-threatening event but a civilian pointing a TASER at a policeman is NOT a life-threatening event?
I saw on the news that some agency had declared police using a stun gun on civilians is considered use of 'deadly force' and 'a life-threatening event', but in this case the argument is being made that a criminal pointing a stun gun at a policeman is NOT to be considered 'a life-threatening event.'

WRONG: Every policeman carries a firearm. If a criminal can use a stun gun to incapacitate a policeman he can then take the policeman's weapon and kill the policeman. The criminal can then use that weapon to commit other crimes. Whether it is a policeman's stun gun or his baton...or a brick or any other weapon the criminal can use to incapacitate the officer, it does not matter.

People - especially black people - need to tell Abrams to shut her ignorant pie hole and become part of the SOLUTION not the problem, which is the false narratives and manipulation by POSes like her who seek to divide the nation, wrenching it apart.

She was right. He was murdered. The intent was to punish him for taking the taser and running.

After seeing the film taken by the surveillance camera seemed to exonerate the police but ahhh, there might still be some wiggle room to hold the police responsible.

Now that the body cam video has been released there is no doubt that this was a good shoot. All a jury has to do is see that and it's all over. Those cops are going to walk.
I hope the one that got fired walks, and does so with a couple million Atlanta tax dollars.

He shot a man in the back - twice. It's really hard to convince people that your life is in danger from a man who is running away, or that they had no other way of arresting him when they had his car, his name, and his address.

He'll be convicted because this is a rage killing. He got pissed off and shot a man who was running away from him and posed no danger to him, in the back and killed him.

I is old. I no longer work---HOWEVER during my working years, I dealt with both cops and robbers.
I know BOTH well.. A man who should be in cuffs----running around town with a weapon ----is LIKELY to be dangerous. When packed into a padded room and in restraints------they are fairly safe (only fairly)
The guy wasnt a robber. He was sleep in the drive through from my understanding. Who knows what the cops said to or indicated to him to cause him to go from cooperating to trying to fight for his life.
the cops had already patted him down, and he didn't have his car anymore. No one will ever know why he went from cooperative drunk/stoner to The HULK, but we can't have cops shooting people in the backs while running away. That's not gonna cut it. People will start shooting cops instead of running away.

FUGITIVE ON THE RUN
The cops had his car, his name, his address so they could have found him and arrested him at any time.

I did not suggest that the cop's life was in danger.
If I had a gun and shot him----that would be a crime.
I am not a cop and did not have him under arrest

FUGITIVE ON THE RUN

Its a crime for the cop to shoot him too. Thats why he is going to be charged with murder.

Should every non-violent offender be in cuffs? Especially cuffed behind the back? Why is every suspect cuffed and placed in a physically vulnerable position? Freddy Gray, hands cuffed behind his back, was tossed in the back of a paddy wagon and bounced around back there, defenceless, until it killed him. Police may not have intended to kill him, but they sure as hell intended to hurt him.
The drunk negro tried to ran from a LEO after the negro failed a DUI test. He then got into a fight with the LEOs and punched one LEO in the face then took the LEO's Taser. As he was running away he turned a fired the Taser at a LEO. How crimes did the negro commit? Or can you count that high?
He was NOT "non-violent". Do you see a pattern of negro street thugs getting into fights with LEO's and getting shot?
These people are obviously not sentient enough to behave themselves in normal society. Their own 'communities' are shit scared of them.
They are uncontrollable in the inner city schools. By the time most of them are ten they are already in a gang. 75% of them have no father figure in the home b/c the fathers are mostly in prison or about to be going back to prison or shot dead by another negro over a bag of weed or a pair of Nikes.
The words 'short bus' and Bell Curve come to mind.

The guy wasnt a robber. He was sleep in the drive through from my understanding. Who knows what the cops said to or indicated to him to cause him to go from cooperating to trying to fight for his life.
the cops had already patted him down, and he didn't have his car anymore. No one will ever know why he went from cooperative drunk/stoner to The HULK, but we can't have cops shooting people in the backs while running away. That's not gonna cut it. People will start shooting cops instead of running away.

btw----people are shooting cops-----and other people too. lots and lots and lots.

Youre right about that.

FUGITIVE ON THE RUN

So if the cop's life was not in danger why did he shoot?

Police have to justify their actions.

Forum List

Back