I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

Only if they resist to the point that its deadly like I pointed out earlier.
At what point does the cop have to decide that wrestling around with somebody who is resisting arrest presents a danger to the cops life with the cops gone being within arms reach?

Every citizen must understand, and it is a standard by which every citizen is obligated to behave, that resisting arrest is a deadly proposition.

What is the point of resisting arrest? Answer me that one.

Dont know what that has to do with what happened here. They guy was nowhere near the cops gun when he was shot.

If every citizen believed that then there would be no need for the cops. There would be no crime so please spare me the bullshit.

You tell me. Some cops say you are resisting just because youre protecting yourself from getting your ass beat.
As I said, the end result of this thing is questionable at the very least. It looks like there was no danger or threat to anyone but the cop shot anyway.

What I'm talking about, is when the police officer goes to put the restraints on a person and that person starts fighting and wrestling, do you not see the immediate, highly dangerous, deadly situation with the cops gun being within arms length?

What you were saying is that you want it both ways. You want citizens to be able to resist without risk. You want cops to bear 100% of the risk while citizens can act a fool and bear no risk.

That is bullshit.

No one here is saying a cop can't shoot when he is in mortal danger.

You said at the time this man was shot that he was no danger to the cop?

Tell me at what point was this cop ever in mortal danger?
The moment this guy started resisting, within arms length of the cops gun. It's a good thing the guy only grabbed the taser.

like I said before, once the guy was running away and shot the tasers one shot, it becomes questionable. The threat had dissipated. I am not arguing that point at all.

The act of wrestling with a cop and resisting arrest is highly dangerous to the police officer. There is no reason to resist arrest.

Let me say that again.

There is no reason to resist arrest, when all the officers doing is placing restraints on your wrist, like this case here.

That is the standard of civilian behavior.

"The moment this guy started resisting, within arms length of the cops gun. It's a good thing the guy only grabbed the taser."

So why didnt he shoot the guy then? You cant shoot someone for what he could have done in the past.

The moment this guy started resisting, within arms length of the cops gun. It's a good thing the guy only grabbed the taser.

like I said before, once the guy was running away and shot the tasers one shot, it becomes questionable. The threat had dissipated. I am not arguing that point at all.

The act of wrestling with a cop and resisting arrest is highly dangerous to the police officer. There is no reason to resist arrest.

Let me say that again.

There is no reason to resist arrest, when all the officers doing is placing restraints on your wrist, like this case here.

That is the standard of civilian behavior.

OK and when was he shot?

When he was running away.

Was the cop in any danger when he shot this man?

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

Murder One? No, but it was a bad shoot. Manslaughter maybe. And he should never work as a cop again. There are a number of options the cops should have used.

1. This was a private parking lot. He was sitting in line having fallen asleep and wasn't even driving. The simplest way to handle the situation would have been to move his car out of the way and called his wife to come pick him up. Or call him a taxi or Uber. Cuffs were stupid.

2. In Georgia, a taser is not considered a lethal weapon. Let him run. They had his car and his driver's license. Where was he gonna go? Board a waiting helicopter for a flight to Katmandu?

Whether he faces charges is probably less than 50/50. But the family will most certainly sue him for wrongful death and probably win.

'He wasn't even driving'. Hahahha dumbest post of the day.

The cop is not my parent. I'm an adult I dont bow to anyone. If you want to be meek and humble to a cop thats your prerogative but dont expect me to be submissive and I havent done anything wrong.
So being polite and respectful, like you would any other person, is being "meek and humble" in your opinion?

I know these guys pull people over for no reason. So your method of dealing with that is giving them a reason?

Yep. If I did something then I could understand being respectful. Since the cop was disrespectful of my time why the fuck should I be respectful to him?
Is that generally what black people do?

You mean give respect when its given? Yep. You give respect you get respect back. You give disrespect you get disrespect. Are you saying white people dont demand respect?
That's what I'm saying. Just pulling you over is not disrespecting you.

Unless you've already made a judgment in your mind that the cop is only pulling you over because you're black. (You have)

I know of black men who are pulled over weekly, for no reason, other than they drive nice cars. One of my poker buddies drove a 15 year old Honda with the bumper wired on. His car reeked of pot. Had he ever been pulled over driving it, he would have been busted just for fumes. The guy bought a really nice late model Accura. Everybody at our poker game was VERY impressed with the new wheels.

My poker buddy was less impressed with his new wheels. He was getting pulled over weekly, while driving it. While the police weren't supposed to be prosecuting citizens carrrying small amounts of pot, while the laws were being changed, he was now a target for any cop looking to make his ticket quotas. While he really happy to have a beautiful car for comfort and as a symbol of his hard earned business success, he said he missed driving the ghetto cruiser because that car was never stopped.

The car George Floyd was pulled out of was a late model Mercedes SUV. Very swank. I noticed that right away. What I have come to wonder is whether the idea that George appeared to be a prosperous black man driving a really nice car wasn't a factor in why those cops immediately cuffed him and roughed him up, even as they reported he appeared to be in medical distress.

Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

Murder One? No, but it was a bad shoot. Manslaughter maybe. And he should never work as a cop again. There are a number of options the cops should have used.

1. This was a private parking lot. He was sitting in line having fallen asleep and wasn't even driving. The simplest way to handle the situation would have been to move his car out of the way and called his wife to come pick him up. Or call him a taxi or Uber. Cuffs were stupid.

2. In Georgia, a taser is not considered a lethal weapon. Let him run. They had his car and his driver's license. Where was he gonna go? Board a waiting helicopter for a flight to Katmandu?

Whether he faces charges is probably less than 50/50. But the family will most certainly sue him for wrongful death and probably win.

So if you're asleep with your car in park - You're driving? Dumbest response of the day!

After seeing the film taken by the surveillance camera seemed to exonerate the police but ahhh, there might still be some wiggle room to hold the police responsible.

Now that the body cam video has been released there is no doubt that this was a good shoot. All a jury has to do is see that and it's all over. Those cops are going to walk.
I hope the one that got fired walks, and does so with a couple million Atlanta tax dollars.
You hope in one hand and shit in the other. Tell me which one fills up faster.

The cop is not my parent. I'm an adult I dont bow to anyone. If you want to be meek and humble to a cop thats your prerogative but dont expect me to be submissive and I havent done anything wrong.
So being polite and respectful, like you would any other person, is being "meek and humble" in your opinion?

I know these guys pull people over for no reason. So your method of dealing with that is giving them a reason?

Yep. If I did something then I could understand being respectful. Since the cop was disrespectful of my time why the fuck should I be respectful to him?
Is that generally what black people do?

You mean give respect when its given? Yep. You give respect you get respect back. You give disrespect you get disrespect. Are you saying white people dont demand respect?
That's what I'm saying. Just pulling you over is not disrespecting you.

Unless you've already made a judgment in your mind that the cop is only pulling you over because you're black. (You have)

I know of black men who are pulled over weekly, for no reason, other than they drive nice cars. One of my poker buddies drove a 15 year old Honda with the bumper wired on. His car reeked of pot. Had he ever been pulled over driving it, he would have been busted just for fumes. The guy bought a really nice late model Accura. Everybody at our poker game was VERY impressed with the new wheels.

My poker buddy was less impressed with his new wheels. He was getting pulled over weekly, while driving it. While the police weren't supposed to be prosecuting citizens carrrying small amounts of pot, while the laws were being changed, he was now a target for any cop looking to make his ticket quotas. While he really happy to have a beautiful car for comfort and as a symbol of his hard earned business success, he said he missed driving the ghetto cruiser because that car was never stopped.

The car George Floyd was pulled out of was a late model Mercedes SUV. Very swank. I noticed that right away. What I have come to wonder is whether the idea that George appeared to be a prosperous black man driving a really nice car wasn't a factor in why those cops immediately cuffed him and roughed him up, even as they reported he appeared to be in medical distress.
Thank you. I've been pulled over just for being in the passenger seat of a Lamborghini a white girl was driving.

At what point does the cop have to decide that wrestling around with somebody who is resisting arrest presents a danger to the cops life with the cops gone being within arms reach?

Every citizen must understand, and it is a standard by which every citizen is obligated to behave, that resisting arrest is a deadly proposition.

Gee maybe this Black man just saw another Black man in handcuffs being suffocated by 3 cops and didn't want the same thing to happen to him

Gee, why didn't he run away immediately?

After seeing the film taken by the surveillance camera seemed to exonerate the police but ahhh, there might still be some wiggle room to hold the police responsible.

Now that the body cam video has been released there is no doubt that this was a good shoot. All a jury has to do is see that and it's all over. Those cops are going to walk.
I hope the one that got fired walks, and does so with a couple million Atlanta tax dollars.
You hope in one hand and shit in the other. Tell me which one fills up faster.

Tipsycat uses a litter box. ;)

Gee maybe this Black man just saw another Black man in handcuffs being suffocated by 3 cops and didn't want the same thing to happen to him

Probably because the cop didnt whisper to him he was going to get his ass beat until that moment.

He wasn't put in cuffs immediately.

DUH

He shot a man in the back - twice. It's really hard to convince people that your life is in danger from a man who is running away, or that they had no other way of arresting him when they had his car, his name, and his address.

He'll be convicted because this is a rage killing. He got pissed off and shot a man who was running away from him and posed no danger to him, in the back and killed him.

And I'm a Democrat.

So if you're asleep with your car in park - You're driving? Dumbest response of the day!

Does anyone want to explain this to this moron?

No he knew it was a taser. He even was caught on video saying that.
Not only did the cop know it was a taser, he saw the taser fired over his head before he shot Brooks. So he knew both that it was a taser and one that had been discharged and hence rendered useless.
Bingo. And then the POS had the unmitigated gall to say "gottem".

what do you mean "USELESS" ? it is a weapon---it can be USED by a criminal. The criminal who stole it has already demonstrated his depravity. It died during the commission of a crime at the hands of a person sworn to PROTECT society. When I cop tries to arrest you----you should not put up a fight

He shot a man in the back - twice. It's really hard to convince people that your life is in danger from a man who is running away, or that they had no other way of arresting him when they had his car, his name, and his address.

He'll be convicted because this is a rage killing. He got pissed off and shot a man who was running away from him and posed no danger to him, in the back and killed him.

the man who resisted arrest and grabbed the cop's weapon is a DANGER TO SOCIETY

the man who resisted arrest and grabbed the cop's weapon is a DANGER TO SOCIETY
Who told you that or is that just your opinion?

1. If I were a juror, I would vote to convict if it is illegal in that state for a cop to shoot someone in the back even if s/he is fleeing arrest.

2. If it is not illegal, then the cop should not be convicted.

3. I think, however, that everyone agrees that the cop should be convicted of stupidity: In light of the Insurrection two weeks ago throughout the nation, did he actually think he could get away with shooting the suspect in the back? And in Atlanta, of all places! Amazing!

Let the court decide that not your or the cops.
EXACTLY!!!!

DO NOT RESIST ARREST!!!!

LET THE FUCKING COURTS DECIDE!!!!

It's like talking to a fucking brick wall.

You obviously misunderstood what you just quoted. I was speaking to someone else and telling them its not their job or the cops job to render a decision on guilt or innocence but nice try anyway.
And it is not the job of black people to render a judgment as the judge on the street and decide that they must resist arrest and get away.

Let the court decide.

That's what's happening. These guys are not letting the court decide, they're blaming the cops.

I have demonstrated to everyone this logical flaw that you're running around with.

Again, talking to a brick wall.

The cops shot a guy in the back. It was the cops who prevented the court from deciding the guilt or innocence of this man.
The way this has been presented to me is it the guy was running off with a weapon. I've heard new facts that he already fired that weapon. If that's the case and the cops shot him anyway, you have a good point.

Cops cannot let people run off a deadly weapons when that person has done so while resisting arrest. Far too many other people get hurt when that happens.

it was a Taser or in other words a nonlethal weapon that is only capable of firing one time. The taser had been fired and missed by a wide margin. The subject then dropped the taser and ran.

I is a naive person-----do not own a taser. Can't they be recharged? The taser constituted a weapon in the hands of a fugging criminal who was so depraved that he resisted a lawful arrest

No he knew it was a taser. He even was caught on video saying that.
Not only did the cop know it was a taser, he saw the taser fired over his head before he shot Brooks. So he knew both that it was a taser and one that had been discharged and hence rendered useless.
Bingo. And then the POS had the unmitigated gall to say "gottem".

what do you mean "USELESS" ? it is a weapon---it can be USED by a criminal. The criminal who stole it has already demonstrated his depravity. It died during the commission of a crime at the hands of a person sworn to PROTECT society. When I cop tries to arrest you----you should not put up a fight
Maybe you need to have it explained that a Taser is only capable of being fired once before it must be reloaded.

The taser was already fired and missed the cop by a very wide margin.

Forum List

Back