I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

Until he took their weapon from them.

If the cop deserves to be reprimanded in any way, it's for letting a suspect take his taser.

That was 100% the cops' fault. They got into a physical altercation during which, through their sheer incompetence, they escalated the situation so that Brooks then conceivably posed some danger to others. Not only that, they failed to control him and let him escape with that taser. Then, after Brooks had fired the taser, and posed a threat to no one, they shot him dead.

And you still insist that was a "good job". That's what I would have fully expected from rightards - and they rarely disappoint. But you? Boggles the mind.
According to police protocol he was a threat. Change the laws
Thats not what the DA or the police chief said when the soon to be charged ex-cop was fired.
He was fired for political reasons, every one knows that..
If that were true then he would be a millionaire already. He obviously was fired for breaking protocol.
id wait for the investigation to be over first
You said you know it was political so if it was you wouldnt have to wait. Are you stupid enough to think theyre stupid enough to fire him without an ironclad reason?
It just happened let him find a good lawyer lol
If he was fired without just cause a good lawyer would have already found him.
Let him do some research
He can research all day long. His ass was still fired for breaking protocol and will soon be charged with murder.
For being a hero?
For being a shitty piss poor cop.
His job was to de-escalate and he did
His job was to de-escalate not kill someone.
Looks like the crazy guy would have took a hostage
You cant take a hostage while youre running.
Especially when you get shot

Its not a theory and I can be the biggest asshole in existence but thats what those cops signed up for. If you cant handle your job you can always become a security guard.
Let me logically walk you through this process:

Can you grab the cops gun?

Your insulting your own intelligence. Nothing you say is going change the facts.
Answer the fucking question.

Grabbing the cops gun is not a death penalty offense.

But here you are claiming that a police officer have to just accept it.

I think we all know whose logic is all fucked up here.

"Grabbing the cops gun is not a death penalty offense.

But here you are claiming that a police officer have to just accept it. "

He grabbed the cops taser not his gun. How did you not know that?

wrong----grabbing a cop's gun IS a death penalty offense. Don't do it.-----in fact, grabbing his taser is
ALSO a death penalty offense
Show me the link.

Link to what?
A court case where someone got a death penalty for grabbing a cops gun.

you can't take a dead man to trial. Your demand is idiotic.
So you admit there is no death penalty for grabbing a cops gun or you admit you didnt know only a court has a right to impose a death penalty.
You admit to me that a person grabbing a cops gun is a potential death penalty to the cop, correct?

No I never admitted that. Why would grabbing a cops gun be a death penalty to a cop?
What the fuck do you think a person resisting arrest is going to do with the cops gun once they get their hands on it?

Have you ever once put yourself in the shoes of a cop? My God. Inability to see the other side.

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

They shot a drunk man in the back - twice, killing him. A taser is not a "deadly" weapon and the officer was in no danger of being killed. The police should only use deadly force if their lives are imminently threatened. Not because they're pissed off because some drunk took a swing at them.

According to you, if someone takes a swing at a cop, the cop has the right to kill him. This seems to be the standard for police on the streets today. If a suspect isn't 100% compliant, they're allowed to use deadly force, regardless of the charges, or whether or not they're in danger. Resisting a police officer is a felon. The moment you resist, you're a felon, and cops can shoot you in the back.

Police should not be allowed to kill people because the people behaved badly and pissed them off.
A taser has the ability to incapacitate a police officer. An incapacitated police officer cannot stop a criminal from taking his side arm.

Now the one resisting arrest has a firearm.

Yes, they must put them down if they're carrying a taser. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Exactly. All the feeeeeeellllliiinnngssss the leftists have are not facts.

Only if they resist to the point that its deadly like I pointed out earlier.
At what point does the cop have to decide that wrestling around with somebody who is resisting arrest presents a danger to the cops life with the cops gone being within arms reach?

Every citizen must understand, and it is a standard by which every citizen is obligated to behave, that resisting arrest is a deadly proposition.

What is the point of resisting arrest? Answer me that one.

Dont know what that has to do with what happened here. They guy was nowhere near the cops gun when he was shot.

If every citizen believed that then there would be no need for the cops. There would be no crime so please spare me the bullshit.

You tell me. Some cops say you are resisting just because youre protecting yourself from getting your ass beat.

Let the court decide that not your or the cops.
EXACTLY!!!!

DO NOT RESIST ARREST!!!!

LET THE FUCKING COURTS DECIDE!!!!

It's like talking to a fucking brick wall.

You obviously misunderstood what you just quoted. I was speaking to someone else and telling them its not their job or the cops job to render a decision on guilt or innocence but nice try anyway.
And it is not the job of black people to render a judgment as the judge on the street and decide that they must resist arrest and get away.

Let the court decide.

That's what's happening. These guys are not letting the court decide, they're blaming the cops.

I have demonstrated to everyone this logical flaw that you're running around with.

Again, talking to a brick wall.

The cops shot a guy in the back. It was the cops who prevented the court from deciding the guilt or innocence of this man.
The way this has been presented to me is it the guy was running off with a weapon. I've heard new facts that he already fired that weapon. If that's the case and the cops shot him anyway, you have a good point.

Cops cannot let people run off a deadly weapons when that person has done so while resisting arrest. Far too many other people get hurt when that happens.

it was a Taser or in other words a nonlethal weapon that is only capable of firing one time. The taser had been fired and missed by a wide margin. The subject then dropped the taser and ran.

Tell me at what point was this cop ever in mortal danger?

There is no obligation to go peacefully that I have seen anywhere.
In every jurisdiction in the United States and at the federal level it is a crime to resist arrest.

What are you talking about?

And I will take the punishment for my crime of resisting arrest as rendered by a court.
Again, you switch to a different standard.

The standard behavior for a civilian, that we as a society expect of that civilian, is do not resist arrest.

When doing so puts the life of another in danger, deadly force is necessary.

Until certain members of our society understand and except this standard, this will still be a problem.

At what point does the cop have to decide that wrestling around with somebody who is resisting arrest presents a danger to the cops life with the cops gone being within arms reach?

Every citizen must understand, and it is a standard by which every citizen is obligated to behave, that resisting arrest is a deadly proposition.

Gee maybe this Black man just saw another Black man in handcuffs being suffocated by 3 cops and didn't want the same thing to happen to him

Its not a theory and I can be the biggest asshole in existence but thats what those cops signed up for. If you cant handle your job you can always become a security guard.

Your insulting your own intelligence. Nothing you say is going change the facts.

wrong----grabbing a cop's gun IS a death penalty offense. Don't do it.-----in fact, grabbing his taser is
Show me the link.

Link to what?

So you admit there is no death penalty for grabbing a cops gun or you admit you didnt know only a court has a right to impose a death penalty.
You admit to me that a person grabbing a cops gun is a potential death penalty to the cop, correct?

No I never admitted that. Why would grabbing a cops gun be a death penalty to a cop?
What the fuck do you think a person resisting arrest is going to do with the cops gun once they get their hands on it?

Have you ever once put yourself in the shoes of a cop? My God. Inability to see the other side.
I try not to be a mind reader. It rarely works but he could just hold it on them until he gets away for one possible scenario.

Yes I have. Thats why I turned down the position. However, I do have a neighbor that is a sherrif and he agrees the cop should face murder charges if that helps you out any.

Show me the link.

Link to what?

It was a taser

In every jurisdiction in the United States and at the federal level it is a crime to resist arrest.

And I will take the punishment for my crime of resisting arrest as rendered by a court.

The standard behavior for a civilian, that we as a society expect of that civilian, is do not resist arrest.

Until certain members of our society understand and except this standard, this will still be a problem.

" The standard behavior for a civilian, that we as a society expect of that civilian, is do not resist arrest. "

Bullshit. I never agreed to that. I will resist everytime I feel someone is attempting to take my rights away. If I have to die to do that then thats just facing the consequences.

Gee maybe this Black man just saw another Black man in handcuffs being suffocated by 3 cops and didn't want the same thing to happen to him
Some people dont have the experience with cops that others do so when the cops roll up all they hear is the star spangled banner and god bless america.

There is no professional standard for dudes getting arrested to meet. This is where you logic falls downs and breaks a hip.
So your logic is resisting arrest is not a dangerous thing? Doing so it's not a serious risk to the life of the police officer?

Who is logic is falling in the shitter?

Thats correct. Resisting arrest is not a life threatening thing unless you are dealing with unprofessional cops that should be fired and charged with murder. You do realize those months spent in training isnt just target practice right?

Only one way to test your theory, next time you get pulled over just be your typical asshole self. Let us know how that works out for ya...dumbass.

Theory or not, let us know how it works out.
It worked out fine. The cop backed the fuck up and got in his car. Good thing for him too because he would have died that night.

Sounds like you got damn lucky, don't let it go to your head.
Actually the cop got lucky he didnt escalate.

The cop got lucky because Brooke's was a poor shot. Brookes.....not so much.

" The standard behavior for a civilian, that we as a society expect of that civilian, is do not resist arrest. "

Bullshit. I never agreed to that. I will resist everytime I feel someone is attempting to take my rights away. If I have to die to do that then thats just facing the consequences.

Good luck with that.

Dont know what that has to do with what happened here. They guy was nowhere near the cops gun when he was shot.

If every citizen believed that then there would be no need for the cops. There would be no crime so please spare me the bullshit.

You tell me. Some cops say you are resisting just because youre protecting yourself from getting your ass beat.
As I said, the end result of this thing is questionable at the very least. It looks like there was no danger or threat to anyone but the cop shot anyway.

What I'm talking about, is when the police officer goes to put the restraints on a person and that person starts fighting and wrestling, do you not see the immediate, highly dangerous, deadly situation with the cops gun being within arms length?

What you were saying is that you want it both ways. You want citizens to be able to resist without risk. You want cops to bear 100% of the risk while citizens can act a fool and bear no risk.

That is bullshit.

There is no professional standard for dudes getting arrested to meet. This is where you logic falls downs and breaks a hip.
So your logic is resisting arrest is not a dangerous thing? Doing so it's not a serious risk to the life of the police officer?

Who is logic is falling in the shitter?

Thats correct. Resisting arrest is not a life threatening thing unless you are dealing with unprofessional cops that should be fired and charged with murder. You do realize those months spent in training isnt just target practice right?

Only one way to test your theory, next time you get pulled over just be your typical asshole self. Let us know how that works out for ya...dumbass.

Theory or not, let us know how it works out.
It worked out fine. The cop backed the fuck up and got in his car. Good thing for him too because he would have died that night.

Sounds like you got damn lucky, don't let it go to your head.
Actually the cop got lucky he didnt escalate.

The cop got lucky because Brooke's was a poor shot. Brookes.....not so much.
No dummy. I'm talking about a cop that pulled me over then backed off when I asked for his badge number.

Good luck with that.
So far so good.

Georgia Code Title 16. Crimes and Offenses § 16-11-106
(a) For the purposes of this Code section, the term “firearm” shall include stun guns and tasers. A stun gun or taser is any device that is powered by electrical charging units such as batteries and emits an electrical charge in excess of 20,000 volts or is otherwise capable of incapacitating a person by an electrical charge

On noooo. Facts. Let's see if the leftists feelings can dispute them.

After seeing the film taken by the surveillance camera seemed to exonerate the police but ahhh, there might still be some wiggle room to hold the police responsible.

Now that the body cam video has been released there is no doubt that this was a good shoot. All a jury has to do is see that and it's all over. Those cops are going to walk.
I hope the one that got fired walks, and does so with a couple million Atlanta tax dollars.

Tell me at what point was this cop ever in mortal danger?
The moment this guy started resisting, within arms length of the cops gun. It's a good thing the guy only grabbed the taser.

like I said before, once the guy was running away and shot the tasers one shot, it becomes questionable. The threat had dissipated. I am not arguing that point at all.

The act of wrestling with a cop and resisting arrest is highly dangerous to the police officer. There is no reason to resist arrest.

Let me say that again.

There is no reason to resist arrest, when all the officer is doing is placing restraints on your wrist, like this case here.

That is the standard of civilian behavior.

As I said, the end result of this thing is questionable at the very least. It looks like there was no danger or threat to anyone but the cop shot anyway.

What I'm talking about, is when the police officer goes to put the restraints on a person and that person starts fighting and wrestling, do you not see the immediate, highly dangerous, deadly situation with the cops gun being within arms length?

What you were saying is that you want it both ways. You want citizens to be able to resist without risk. You want cops to bear 100% of the risk while citizens can act a fool and bear no risk.

That is bullshit.

Again I have no idea what youre talking about. They guy was running away. He was no where near the cops gun.

Nope. I am saying that as a cop you should expect people to resist. Thats why you are trained to handle those situations. As a cop youre the professional not the citizen.

Forum List

Back