I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

Let the court decide that not your or the cops.
EXACTLY!!!!

DO NOT RESIST ARREST!!!!

LET THE FUCKING COURTS DECIDE!!!!

It's like talking to a fucking brick wall.

You obviously misunderstood what you just quoted. I was speaking to someone else and telling them its not their job or the cops job to render a decision on guilt or innocence but nice try anyway.
And it is not the job of black people to render a judgment as the judge on the street and decide that they must resist arrest and get away.

Let the court decide.

That's what's happening. These guys are not letting the court decide, they're blaming the cops.

I have demonstrated to everyone this logical flaw that you're running around with.

Again, talking to a brick wall.

The cops shot a guy in the back. It was the cops who prevented the court from deciding the guilt or innocence of this man.
The way this has been presented to me is it the guy was running off with a weapon. I've heard new facts that he already fired that weapon. If that's the case and the cops shot him anyway, you have a good point.

Cops cannot let people run off a deadly weapons when that person has done so while resisting arrest. Far too many other people get hurt when that happens.

it was a Taser or in other words a nonlethal weapon that is only capable of firing one time. The taser had been fired and missed by a wide margin. The subject then dropped the taser and ran.

Tell me at what point was this cop ever in mortal danger?

I is a naive person-----do not own a taser. Can't they be recharged? The taser constituted a weapon in the hands of a fugging criminal who was so depraved that he resisted a lawful arrest
The taser constituted a non lethal weapon even if he could have magically recharged it that fast.

After seeing the film taken by the surveillance camera seemed to exonerate the police but ahhh, there might still be some wiggle room to hold the police responsible.

Now that the body cam video has been released there is no doubt that this was a good shoot. All a jury has to do is see that and it's all over. Those cops are going to walk.
I hope the one that got fired walks, and does so with a couple million Atlanta tax dollars.

He shot a man in the back - twice. It's really hard to convince people that your life is in danger from a man who is running away, or that they had no other way of arresting him when they had his car, his name, and his address.

He'll be convicted because this is a rage killing. He got pissed off and shot a man who was running away from him and posed no danger to him, in the back and killed him.

the man who resisted arrest and grabbed the cop's weapon is a DANGER TO SOCIETY
Who told you that or is that just your opinion?

I is old. I no longer work---HOWEVER during my working years, I dealt with both cops and robbers.
I know BOTH well.. A man who should be in cuffs----running around town with a weapon ----is LIKELY to be dangerous. When packed into a padded room and in restraints------they are fairly safe (only fairly)

Only if they resist to the point that its deadly like I pointed out earlier.
At what point does the cop have to decide that wrestling around with somebody who is resisting arrest presents a danger to the cops life with the cops gone being within arms reach?

Every citizen must understand, and it is a standard by which every citizen is obligated to behave, that resisting arrest is a deadly proposition.

What is the point of resisting arrest? Answer me that one.
Gee maybe this Black man just saw another Black man in handcuffs being suffocated by 3 cops and didn't want the same thing to happen to him

Gee, why didn't he run away immediately?

Little story for ya my clueless friend. A few years back I ordered a pizza delivery. They said it would be at my house within 45 minutes. After about an hour in a half I was really tired and fell asleep on my couch. The idiot delivery guy called 911. Next thing I know I'm looking up at a cop and a bunch of paramedics.

This was very confusing as you might imagine. These guys were really nice, perhaps in part because I'm white. But it take me a few minutes to gather my wits. Mr Brooks may indeed been thinking of the Floyd murder and panicked when they attempted to cuff him. Nobody likes a knee on their neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds.

Let the court decide that not your or the cops.
EXACTLY!!!!

DO NOT RESIST ARREST!!!!

LET THE FUCKING COURTS DECIDE!!!!

It's like talking to a fucking brick wall.

You obviously misunderstood what you just quoted. I was speaking to someone else and telling them its not their job or the cops job to render a decision on guilt or innocence but nice try anyway.
And it is not the job of black people to render a judgment as the judge on the street and decide that they must resist arrest and get away.

Let the court decide.

That's what's happening. These guys are not letting the court decide, they're blaming the cops.

I have demonstrated to everyone this logical flaw that you're running around with.

Again, talking to a brick wall.

The cops shot a guy in the back. It was the cops who prevented the court from deciding the guilt or innocence of this man.
The way this has been presented to me is it the guy was running off with a weapon. I've heard new facts that he already fired that weapon. If that's the case and the cops shot him anyway, you have a good point.

Cops cannot let people run off a deadly weapons when that person has done so while resisting arrest. Far too many other people get hurt when that happens.

it was a Taser or in other words a nonlethal weapon that is only capable of firing one time. The taser had been fired and missed by a wide margin. The subject then dropped the taser and ran.

Tell me at what point was this cop ever in mortal danger?

I is a naive person-----do not own a taser. Can't they be recharged? The taser constituted a weapon in the hands of a fugging criminal who was so depraved that he resisted a lawful arrest

And you don't think the cop knew how is own Taser works?

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
technically, the cop would at most be guilty of heat of passion murder more commonly referred to as manslaughter. A defense lawyer might also try to get an imperfect self defense jury instruction by arguing the cop thought Brooks seized the other cop's real gun.

Just because a cop gets angry at being punched cannot justify escalating to deadly force. It can't work that way. The cops are outnumbered. Their real safety lies in being perceived as better than not having cops at all, and in punishing people harshly for hurting cops. And that's my biggest fear in this seemingly escalating violence by cops on citizens (and what Trump/Barr did at Lafayette Park). In the 1970s, cops were often seen illegitimate tools of the govt attacking citizens. The Tumpanzees are somehow suddenly aware that the FBI fucks up people. My my, where were they LOL

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY your post highlights that maybe the qualified immunity that police have from being personally sued for what they do on the job is not a bad thing …. at least in all instances. The cop was wrong, because he used deadly force when Brooks was not a imminent threat to the cops' lives or an imminent threat to the public at large. That was Charles Ramsey's take, and imo he's right. But if we start destroying cops for their fuckups … we may find ourselves out of cops.

At what point does the cop have to decide that wrestling around with somebody who is resisting arrest presents a danger to the cops life with the cops gone being within arms reach?

Every citizen must understand, and it is a standard by which every citizen is obligated to behave, that resisting arrest is a deadly proposition.

Gee maybe this Black man just saw another Black man in handcuffs being suffocated by 3 cops and didn't want the same thing to happen to him

He wasn't put in cuffs immediately.

DUH

Why was he put in cuffs at all? He wasn't violent, he wasn't resisting. The same thing with George Floyd. Why are the police cuffing every suspect behind the back before putting them in the cruiser?

In Mr. Floyd's case, they initially thought he was in medical distress. My St. John's Ambulance training says that if someone is in medical distress, you should keep them physically comfortable - i.e. laying flat, head slightly elevated, with airways as open as possible, monitoring their heart rate and breathing until help arrives.

DUH

Why was he put in cuffs at all? He wasn't violent, he wasn't resisting. The same thing with George Floyd. Why are the police cuffing every suspect behind the back before putting them in the cruiser?

In Mr. Floyd's case, they initially thought he was in medical distress. My St. John's Ambulance training says that if someone is in medical distress, you should keep them physically comfortable - i.e. laying flat, head slightly elevated, with airways as open as possible, monitoring their heart rate and breathing until help arrives.
The cop said he was over the legal limit.

I don't know what the breathalyzer actually read

No he knew it was a taser. He even was caught on video saying that.
Not only did the cop know it was a taser, he saw the taser fired over his head before he shot Brooks. So he knew both that it was a taser and one that had been discharged and hence rendered useless.
Bingo. And then the POS had the unmitigated gall to say "gottem".

what do you mean "USELESS" ? it is a weapon---it can be USED by a criminal. The criminal who stole it has already demonstrated his depravity. It died during the commission of a crime at the hands of a person sworn to PROTECT society. When I cop tries to arrest you----you should not put up a fight
Maybe you need to have it explained that a Taser is only capable of being fired once before it must be reloaded.

The taser was already fired and missed the cop by a very wide margin.

so? what is stopping the man from recharging the weapon which should not be in his hands at all----and
using it later for whatever nefarious reason brought him to the attention of the cop to begin with?

Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

Murder One? No, but it was a bad shoot. Manslaughter maybe. And he should never work as a cop again. There are a number of options the cops should have used.

1. This was a private parking lot. He was sitting in line having fallen asleep and wasn't even driving. The simplest way to handle the situation would have been to move his car out of the way and called his wife to come pick him up. Or call him a taxi or Uber. Cuffs were stupid.

2. In Georgia, a taser is not considered a lethal weapon. Let him run. They had his car and his driver's license. Where was he gonna go? Board a waiting helicopter for a flight to Katmandu?

Whether he faces charges is probably less than 50/50. But the family will most certainly sue him for wrongful death and probably win.

'He wasn't even driving'. Hahahha dumbest post of the day.

So if you're asleep with your car in park - You're driving? Dumbest response of the day!

Does anyone want to explain this to this moron?

Does anyone want to explain how one could be driving asleep in park mode to this ^ moron?

Last edited:
After seeing the film taken by the surveillance camera seemed to exonerate the police but ahhh, there might still be some wiggle room to hold the police responsible.

Now that the body cam video has been released there is no doubt that this was a good shoot. All a jury has to do is see that and it's all over. Those cops are going to walk.
I hope the one that got fired walks, and does so with a couple million Atlanta tax dollars.

He shot a man in the back - twice. It's really hard to convince people that your life is in danger from a man who is running away, or that they had no other way of arresting him when they had his car, his name, and his address.

He'll be convicted because this is a rage killing. He got pissed off and shot a man who was running away from him and posed no danger to him, in the back and killed him.

I is old. I no longer work---HOWEVER during my working years, I dealt with both cops and robbers.
I know BOTH well.. A man who should be in cuffs----running around town with a weapon ----is LIKELY to be dangerous. When packed into a padded room and in restraints------they are fairly safe (only fairly)
The guy wasnt a robber. He was sleep in the drive through from my understanding. Who knows what the cops said to or indicated to him to cause him to go from cooperating to trying to fight for his life.

Not only did the cop know it was a taser, he saw the taser fired over his head before he shot Brooks. So he knew both that it was a taser and one that had been discharged and hence rendered useless.

what do you mean "USELESS" ? it is a weapon---it can be USED by a criminal. The criminal who stole it has already demonstrated his depravity. It died during the commission of a crime at the hands of a person sworn to PROTECT society. When I cop tries to arrest you----you should not put up a fight
Maybe you need to have it explained that a Taser is only capable of being fired once before it must be reloaded.

so? what is stopping the man from recharging the weapon which should not be in his hands at all----and
using it later for whatever nefarious reason brought him to the attention of the cop to begin with?
Wow the stupid is strong with you.

The Taser fires a cartridge that shoots electrodes into a person's body if that cartridge is fired and hits nothing the Taser cannot be fired again until a new cartridge is inserted.

So is it your contention that this man also stole Taser refill cartridges from the cop? And don't forget he dropped the Taser to the ground before the cop shot him in the back

DUH

he resisted arrest. You are quite a joke----could you please define "medical distress" ? how about
dysmenorrhea

DUH

he resisted arrest. You are quite a joke----could you please define "medical distress" ? how about
dysmenorrhea
No one is disputing that.

The point of contention here is that when the cop shot him in the back as he was running away that the shooter was not in any mortal danger whatsoever.

The Taser fires a cartridge that shoots electrodes into a person's body if that cartridge is fired and hits nothing the Taser cannot be fired again until a new cartridge is inserted.

So is it your contention that this man also stole Taser refill cartridges from the cop? And don't forget he dropped the Taser to the ground before the cop shot him in the back
Obviously he had some refills in his back pocket

Should every non-violent offender be in cuffs? Especially cuffed behind the back? Why is every suspect cuffed and placed in a physically vulnerable position? Freddy Gray, hands cuffed behind his back, was tossed in the back of a paddy wagon and bounced around back there, defenceless, until it killed him. Police may not have intended to kill him, but they sure as hell intended to hurt him.

The guy wasnt a robber. He was sleep in the drive through from my understanding. Who knows what the cops said to or indicated to him to cause him to go from cooperating to trying to fight for his life.

oh----the only time an arrestee resists is when he is
FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE? on which planet do you live? Of course---the cops can be asked what they said to him. Of course---MOST PEOPLE who are arrested are murdered whilst cuffed-----RIGHT?

Obviously he had some refills in his back pocket

oh one has to have refills? I did not know----when he dropped the weapon he SURRENDERED?

The latter grabbed a taser and punched the cop in the face.
If I'm a cop and a man in trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.
The Taser wasn't "his" you moron! He stole the Taser from the LEO. As he was running away with it he turned and fired the Taser at the LEO.
YOU try that shit and you will be maggot meat.
This case has the life expectancy of a popcorn fart in the wind. Even CNN/MSNBC have decided to not cover it. That's saying something.

And I'm a Democrat.

Not only did he get into a violent altercation with cops taking his taser, there were people in drive thru line!!! The guy was drunk/high, who is to say what he might have done had he got hold of the cops guns. Liberals went crazy when cops responded with force to rioters breaking into police cars without acknowledging the fire arms keep in those cars.

When it comes to voting, white women may say they are going to vote for Biden out of white guilt, but I can assure you many will be voting for TRUMP!

Stacey Abrams:
“A Man Was Murdered Because He Was Asleep in a Drive-Through”

Abrams is either extremely stupid and is the product of Democrat Party indoctrination / emotional manipulation OR she has joined the ranks of the Deep State / Liberal Progressive Democratic Party pup[pet masters who intentionally spews BS like this to continue, spread, and escalate racial division and violence, tearing apart this nation.

Personally, I think she is too stupid to be the latter.

Rayshard Brooks was not 'murdered' for sleeping in a car at Wendy's.

Released body cam video shows the police were being courteous, professional, and polite to Brooks before it all 'went south'.

Rayshard Brooks was shot and killed for pointing a Taser, which he took from the policeman, at the policeman's head after resisting arrest.

1. The police were doing their job.
An intoxicated person sleeping in their car at a fast food restaurant IS a threat to the community. At any time, while still legally intoxicated, he could have woken up and decided to drive away, endangering people's lives.

2. Resisting arrest is a crime.
'Nuff said.

3. Brooks assaulted a police officer, stole his weapon, & attempted to flee.
Brooks can be seen throwing a punch / hitting a police officer.
He disarmed the policeman and took his Taser.
He fled / attempted to escape.

4. Brooks pointed the Taser at the policeman, threatening a police officer's life.
' Nuff said.

5. Police Pointing A Taser at a civilian is a life-threatening event but a civilian pointing a TASER at a policeman is NOT a life-threatening event?
I saw on the news that some agency had declared police using a stun gun on civilians is considered use of 'deadly force' and 'a life-threatening event', but in this case the argument is being made that a criminal pointing a stun gun at a policeman is NOT to be considered 'a life-threatening event.'

WRONG: Every policeman carries a firearm. If a criminal can use a stun gun to incapacitate a policeman he can then take the policeman's weapon and kill the policeman. The criminal can then use that weapon to commit other crimes. Whether it is a policeman's stun gun or his baton...or a brick or any other weapon the criminal can use to incapacitate the officer, it does not matter.

People - especially black people - need to tell Abrams to shut her ignorant pie hole and become part of the SOLUTION not the problem, which is the false narratives and manipulation by POSes like her who seek to divide the nation, wrenching it apart.

Forum List

Back