I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

He did have a better option. 2 in fact. He could have gotten some exercise or called for backup. His personal pride has no place in the execution of his job. Thats the reason he shot the guy. His pride was wounded and he intended to make him pay for it. Thanks for establishing the case for the murder charges that will be coming shortly.
His 'pride' had nothing to do with it - as far as any of us can determine based on the facts instead of attempting to speak on behalf of the officer's thought process and emotional state.

Released Bod-Cam footage shows the officers were friendly/polite/professional
Brooks resisted arrest.
Brooks assaulted a policeman.
Brooks stole a police officer's weapon.
Brooks attempted to shoot the police officer with the weapon.
- If successful, Brooks would have incapacitated the officer and had access to his sidearm.
- By assaulting and attempting to shoot the officer Brooks proved he was dangerous.
Brooks then continued to resist arrest by trying to run from the police again.

Those are the facts.

You have none to prove the officer murdered Brooks because his ego / pride was hurt.
That is a NARRATIVE created without evidence that you continue to spread, proving you are all about spreading / escalating racial division and violence just as much as Abrams - your claim is just as false as hers.

What threat was he to the cop when he was shot in the back?

Brooks resisted arrest, assaulted a police officer, then shot at a police officer with a stun gun he had stolen from the police officer.

How many police officers have been shot, beaten, injured, ambushed, run over, and killed since these 'protests' started?

Brooks' actions go far beyond 'disrespecting' the police. When someone demonstrates the willingness to assault and shoot a policeman he is not only a threat to the police but to the community as well.

Respect goes 2 ways. Want to be respected by the police, then start respecting the police.

'Don't want none? Then don't start none.' -- Don't want to get shot? Don't resist arrest, don't assault a policeman, don't try to shoot a policeman.

It's not rocket-science, and people of all color are smarter than Abrams / Abrams thinks they are - Brooks was not 'murdered' for sleeping in a fast food parking lot.
This had nothing to do with any protests.

It has to do with the use of deadly force and when deadly force is justified.

So tell me at the time the cop shot a man running away from him was that cop in any danger?

Brooks resisted arrest, assaulted a police officer, then shot at a police officer with a stun gun he had stolen from the police officer.

How many police officers have been shot, beaten, injured, ambushed, run over, and killed since these 'protests' started?

Brooks' actions go far beyond 'disrespecting' the police. When someone demonstrates the willingness to assault and shoot a policeman he is not only a threat to the police but to the community as well.

Respect goes 2 ways. Want to be respected by the police, then start respecting the police.

'Don't want none? Then don't start none.' -- Don't want to get shot? Don't resist arrest, don't assault a policeman, don't try to shoot a policeman.

It's not rocket-science, and people of all color are smarter than Abrams / Abrams thinks they are - Brooks was not 'murdered' for sleeping in a fast food parking lot.
Did you see all of the 400+ videos of protesters getting abused by LE? What about the white female reporter that was blinded in one eye? And you talk about respect.

He did have a better option. 2 in fact. He could have gotten some exercise or called for backup. His personal pride has no place in the execution of his job. Thats the reason he shot the guy. His pride was wounded and he intended to make him pay for it. Thanks for establishing the case for the murder charges that will be coming shortly.
His 'pride' had nothing to do with it - as far as any of us can determine based on the facts instead of attempting to speak on behalf of the officer's thought process and emotional state.

Brooks resisted arrest.
- If successful, Brooks would have incapacitated the officer and had access to his sidearm.
- By assaulting and attempting to shoot the officer Brooks proved he was dangerous.

Those are the facts.

You have none to prove the officer murdered Brooks because his ego / pride was hurt.
That is a NARRATIVE created without evidence that you continue to spread, proving you are all about spreading / escalating racial division and violence just as much as Abrams - your claim is just as false as hers.

If he had hit the cop with the Taser the cops partner could have justifiably shot him.

At the time he was shot in the back he no longer posed any threat to either officer

After seeing the film taken by the surveillance camera seemed to exonerate the police but ahhh, there might still be some wiggle room to hold the police responsible.

Now that the body cam video has been released there is no doubt that this was a good shoot. All a jury has to do is see that and it's all over. Those cops are going to walk.
I hope the one that got fired walks, and does so with a couple million Atlanta tax dollars.

He shot a man in the back - twice. It's really hard to convince people that your life is in danger from a man who is running away, or that they had no other way of arresting him when they had his car, his name, and his address.

He'll be convicted because this is a rage killing. He got pissed off and shot a man who was running away from him and posed no danger to him, in the back and killed him.

the man who resisted arrest and grabbed the cop's weapon is a DANGER TO SOCIETY
Who told you that or is that just your opinion?

I is old. I no longer work---HOWEVER during my working years, I dealt with both cops and robbers.
I know BOTH well.. A man who should be in cuffs----running around town with a weapon ----is LIKELY to be dangerous. When packed into a padded room and in restraints------they are fairly safe (only fairly)

Should every non-violent offender be in cuffs? Especially cuffed behind the back? Why is every suspect cuffed and placed in a physically vulnerable position? Freddy Gray, hands cuffed behind his back, was tossed in the back of a paddy wagon and bounced around back there, defenceless, until it killed him. Police may not have intended to kill him, but they sure as hell intended to hurt him.
The drunk negro tried to ran from a LEO after the negro failed a DUI test. He then got into a fight with the LEOs and punched one LEO in the face then took the LEO's Taser. As he was running away he turned a fired the Taser at a LEO. How crimes did the negro commit? Or can you count that high?
He was NOT "non-violent". Do you see a pattern of negro street thugs getting into fights with LEO's and getting shot?
These people are obviously not sentient enough to behave themselves in normal society. Their own 'communities' are shit scared of them.
They are uncontrollable in the inner city schools. By the time most of them are ten they are already in a gang. 75% of them have no father figure in the home b/c the fathers are mostly in prison or about to be going back to prison or shot dead by another negro over a bag of weed or a pair of Nikes.
The words 'short bus' and Bell Curve come to mind.

good point-----fugitive on the loose and running.
To where was he running? -----the local playground? I is old-----I have seen lots of people dead of acute
lead poisoning to the head. Case scenario:
the fugitive runs away---gets a gun and shoots
up the area------a six year old catches a bullet in
his head. Should the cop who let him go get
the blame? Little heads----three feet from the
ground------are very vulnerable

He was shot by police late in the evening, long after dark. The children were all home in their beds, and the suspect didn't have a gun.

The police had the suspect's car, they knew his name, and where he lived. Shooting an unarmed man in the back as he runs away, is murder.

lol ---"late in the evening.......the kids were all home.....
the suspect didn't have a gun.....
and as Scarlett said "TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY" an arrestee on the run is a CRIMINAL FUGITIVE. It would have been much better if the cop had another way of getting the guy------but he did have the responsibility of HOLDING HIM. He ALSO faced a problem as in "oh shucks---the perp escaped...." and then gets called "SCHMUCK"
The cops knew his name and where he lived all they had to do was go arrest him

Brooks resisted arrest.

Those are the facts.

Youre whole argument is built on a if

" If successful, Brooks would have .."

If a cow had nuts did you know it would actually be a bull?

Brooks resisted arrest.

Those are the facts.

f30a0fb2972723a76416a8465e5f86ce--film-quotes-book-quotes.jpg

No he knew it was a taser. He even was caught on video saying that.
Not only did the cop know it was a taser, he saw the taser fired over his head before he shot Brooks. So he knew both that it was a taser and one that had been discharged and hence rendered useless.
Bingo. And then the POS had the unmitigated gall to say "gottem".

what do you mean "USELESS" ? it is a weapon---it can be USED by a criminal. The criminal who stole it has already demonstrated his depravity. It died during the commission of a crime at the hands of a person sworn to PROTECT society. When I cop tries to arrest you----you should not put up a fight
Maybe you need to have it explained that a Taser is only capable of being fired once before it must be reloaded.

The taser was already fired and missed the cop by a very wide margin.

so? what is stopping the man from recharging the weapon which should not be in his hands at all----and
using it later for whatever nefarious reason brought him to the attention of the cop to begin with?
Wow the stupid is strong with you.

The Taser fires a cartridge that shoots electrodes into a person's body if that cartridge is fired and hits nothing the Taser cannot be fired again until a new cartridge is inserted.

So is it your contention that this man also stole Taser refill cartridges from the cop? And don't forget he dropped the Taser to the ground before the cop shot him in the back
Obviously he had some refills in his back pocket

oh one has to have refills? I did not know----when he dropped the weapon he SURRENDERED?
When he dropped the taser he ran.

oh----so he escaped a lawful arrest----he was a
FUGITIVE ON THE RUN
The cops had his car, his name, his address so they could have found him and arrested him at any time.

How was the cop's life in danger from a man who was running away?

I did not suggest that the cop's life was in danger.
If I had a gun and shot him----that would be a crime.
I am not a cop and did not have him under arrest

So if the cop's life was not in danger why did he shoot?

Police have to justify their actions.
Because Brooks had stolen his taser and was shooting at the police. Ironically, if he had just been arrested he would have been out as soon as he sobered up. It's not like this is a case that would go to trial.
Nah. He'd have been sent back to prison for violating his parole. Thats why he reacted the way he did.

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
I am anti guns, anti cons and and anti trump....you break the law, punch a cop and threaten their life, you deserve everything that happens to you.

Yeah, who cares about all that protect and serve bullshit. Stand your ground and put them down.

Hyperbole. Attack an LEO, chances are you're going to get shot.

Not only did the cop know it was a taser, he saw the taser fired over his head before he shot Brooks. So he knew both that it was a taser and one that had been discharged and hence rendered useless.

what do you mean "USELESS" ? it is a weapon---it can be USED by a criminal. The criminal who stole it has already demonstrated his depravity. It died during the commission of a crime at the hands of a person sworn to PROTECT society. When I cop tries to arrest you----you should not put up a fight
Maybe you need to have it explained that a Taser is only capable of being fired once before it must be reloaded.

so? what is stopping the man from recharging the weapon which should not be in his hands at all----and
using it later for whatever nefarious reason brought him to the attention of the cop to begin with?

The Taser fires a cartridge that shoots electrodes into a person's body if that cartridge is fired and hits nothing the Taser cannot be fired again until a new cartridge is inserted.

So is it your contention that this man also stole Taser refill cartridges from the cop? And don't forget he dropped the Taser to the ground before the cop shot him in the back

oh one has to have refills? I did not know----when he dropped the weapon he SURRENDERED?

FUGITIVE ON THE RUN
The cops had his car, his name, his address so they could have found him and arrested him at any time.

Because Brooks had stolen his taser and was shooting at the police. Ironically, if he had just been arrested he would have been out as soon as he sobered up. It's not like this is a case that would go to trial.
Nah. He'd have been sent back to prison for violating his parole. Thats why he reacted the way he did.

oh what did I miss? the taser robber was on parole?

I once went to sleep in my car. A cop woke me up and I had to show him my license and go away. Would it would have been better for me if I stole his taser?

FUGITIVE ON THE RUN

I once went to sleep in my car. A cop woke me up and I had to show him my license and go away. Would it would have been better for me if I stole his taser?
Yes then you would have been shot in the back and we wouldn't have to listen to your crap anymore

And I wouldn't even push for the cop to be prosecuted for shooting you in the back because you think it's OK

FUGITIVE ON THE RUN

Yes then you would have been shot in the back and we wouldn't have to listen to your crap anymore

And I wouldn't even push for the cop to be prosecuted for shooting you in the back because you think it's OK

OK? It would never occur to me to steal a cop's
Taser? It would never occur to me to run away from
a cop for waking me whilst sleeping in my car. Your comment is silly. ----well-----I fell for this stupid
discussion and searched for the video. That GROSS
IDIOT BELONGED IN JAIL

FUGITIVE ON THE RUN

OK? It would never occur to me to steal a cop's
Taser? It would never occur to me to run away from
a cop for waking me whilst sleeping in my car. Your comment is silly. ----well-----I fell for this stupid
discussion and searched for the video. That GROSS
IDIOT BELONGED IN JAIL

You say that but I have no reason to believe you.

And the cops could have very easily found Brokks again since they had his name and address and they could have put him in jail instead of shooting him in the back

FUGITIVE ON THE RUN

Perhaps they could have handled it a bit differently insofar as just taking his keys and giving him a courtesy ride home but once the guy started resisting arrest; everything they did after that was on the money.
No state allows that, Candycorn. So everything they did was on the money.

If you are arrested for drunken driving in any state in the U.S., there are several things that are going to happen that will cost you money. If you are convicted of driving under the influence and you want to get your driving privileges back, things are going to get very expensive....

If you are arrested on suspicion of drunk driving, the first thing that will happen is you will be placed into a police vehicle and taken to the nearest police station or jail....
There your photograph (mug shot) will be taken and you will be fingerprinted.

In some states, you can be released immediately if someone comes to the jail and pays your bail and drives you home.

When I hear the other side of the argument, though, I'm swayed, too. Brooks was carrying a nonlethal weapon and still running after he took a shot at the cop. But then again, that tazer could incapacitate the cop, so the self protection instinct would have kicked in, especially after Brooks proved he was not going to come quietly. And now he's got a tazer....

This was a rotten situation. Brooks was drunk and he panicked or something. I'll tell you one thing, I am VERY glad I won't be on the jury.

Not sure about GA laws but I do know that Police give courtesy rides all the time. Police let people off with warnings all the time. The cop on the scene has a lot of leeway.

They chose to arrest him and once that happens, if you resist, they can use force to subdue you. When you grab their weapon, you take your life into your own hands. When you point that weapon at them...you earned that bullet. .

Candycorn is that you? Who took our cop hating candycorn? Whoever has him return him immediately! He's making too much sense to be the real Candycorn!

" Respect goes 2 ways. Want to be respected by the police, then start respecting the police."

Youre mistaken. As employees of the tax payers respect is a one way street. Police must respect the community they are policing not the other way around. The police only exist at the request of the people. Get your shit straight.

See, that's that new Liberal Progressive Democrat Party Bullshit they are teaching in schools and colleges now, what they are filling childrens' heads who only have 1 daddy, children whose parents the Government is attempting to replace as the ones who raise our kids today.

Dude, you aren't 'ENTITLED' to anything, especially RESPECT. You have to EARN that shit.

You remind me of the skinny little thug in Baltimore wearing a mask and throwing rocks at the police....when suddenly...on LIVE NATION-WIDE TV....got his ass cut by his momma who saw him on TV, came down to the protest, and told him to get his butt home 'NOW'!

I bet she reminded him that's not how she raised him, how she taught him to respect elders and authority...and to respect his momma!

LOL! Maybe your momma didn't whup that ass enough and teach you the same thing and how you have to EARN respect in this world.

:p

" Respect goes 2 ways. Want to be respected by the police, then start respecting the police."

Youre mistaken. As employees of the tax payers respect is a one way street. Police must respect the community they are policing not the other way around. The police only exist at the request of the people. Get your shit straight.

See, that's that new Liberal Progressive Democrat Party Bullshit they are teaching in schools and colleges now, what they are filling childrens' heads who only have 1 daddy, children whose parents the Government is attempting to replace as the ones who raise our kids today.

Dude, you aren't 'ENTITLED' to anything, especially RESPECT. You have to EARN that shit.

You remind me of the skinny little thug in Baltimore wearing a mask and throwing rocks at the police....when suddenly...on LIVE NATION-WIDE TV....got his ass cut by his momma who saw him on TV, came down to the protest, and told him to get his butt home 'NOW'!

I bet she reminded him that's not how she raised him, how she taught him to respect elders and authority...and to respect his momma!

LOL! Maybe your momma didn't whup that ass enough and teach you the same thing and how you have to EARN respect in this world.

:p
" Dude, you aren't 'ENTITLED' to anything, especially RESPECT. You have to EARN that shit. "

Next time you tell me to respect the cops you remember that.

This had nothing to do with any protests.

It has to do with the use of deadly force and when deadly force is justified.

So tell me at the time the cop shot a man running away from him was that cop in any danger?

Absolutely. Just 1 second prior to that the cop has incapacitating taser barbs fly by his head from his own weapon. This guy needed to be put down immediately.

Good shoot.

Forum List

Back